Head hitboxes seem WAY off.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alienhatman, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Alienhatman

And it is driving me nuts. I am missing OBVIOUS headshots very frequently. Either my ping has gone to hell, which doesn't seem to be the case, or I'm just incredibly bad at FPS games suddenly.

I did just return to the game so for awhile I thought I was just rusty. But then I tried sniping and there's just no way something isn't messed up here.
  2. Goldmonk

Might be ping. But there is a new bug where the round goes where your scope is pointed at the peak of recoil. I've run into that a few times. Just aim for the neck.
  3. Alienhatman

I'm just playing MAX until it's fixed. No point playing regular infantry when hitboxes are messed up.
  4. Eternaloptimist

I noticed with surprise some weeks before the patch that I was getting head shots just after I thought "damn! I aimed too low", so I guess now I was inadvertently hitting the neck and the recoil mechanic was giving me the head shot. If so, this is not a post-patch thing.
  5. ToothpasteEater

Head hitbox has magically descended into upper chest, go into VR and shoot at the top of dummy's head, now try the neck/upper chest. You will discover some pretty strange things. I've bern going for body shots post patch not too mess up my muscle memory for head aim.
  6. Czarinov

Just seen in other thread a link to reddit. Seems headboxes are this the same, but the weapons have bugged bullet curve.
  7. Baracuda

You have to account for 'bullet rise' initially instead of the drop for things closer. Assuming you are trying this with a sniper rifle since it is most prevalent on them, your only luck on avoiding it is by using the railjack, only sniper rifle that you don't have to account for the bullet rise.
  8. DrPapaPenguin

I aim for the neck and seem to get them fine.
  9. MonnyMoony

Yep - I don't understand why the devs are screwing with stuff that isn't broken (or wasn't before it was screwed with) - when so much else in the game is.

Were bullet trajectory or head hitboxes so badly out of whack that they needed "fixing" almost 3 and a half years after the game was released?

I'd much rather they fixed the bug whereby my targets don't actually have heads.
  10. Ballto21

THEY BUFFED SNIPING (accidentally)

NOW BULLETDROP DOESNT EXIST IN ANY WAY! 250M OUT? DEAD CENTER HITS IT ON A 650 MS BOLT!

THE BULLET RISES WITHIN ABOUT 125M THOUGH. AIM A MILDOT HIGHER ON THE SCOPE TO HIT!

ITS BEAUTIFUL. LIKE REAL RIFLES.
    • Up x 1
  11. Goldmonk

So Planetside rifles fire like real rifles now? Y'all are screwed. If only infantry rendered farther than 400 meters.
  12. ronjahn

You sure know it's time to hire some staff when a shooter starts to fail at shooting.
  13. Hatesphere

what? you mean the sights dont feel like the are zeroed level with the barrel anymore?
  14. Schizomatic

I'm aiming for the chin nowadays. Forehead shots typically pass right through the model.
  15. Ballto21

Pretty much. In real life balistics the shot raises above the barrel and falls back down over distance in line with the scope (theres more to it but thats the gist, im not a gun nerd)

Planetside 2 now follows this, within about 125m on a 12x scope with a 600 or 650 bolt (havnt tested 550, 500s about 50m) aim a mildot higher, everywhere past that at most is 0.5 mildots of accounting for drop.