increase lancer charge up tine

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Apr 14, 2015.

1. EliteEskimo

Happens on Emerald frequently by VS which has many outfits. I tank a lot so naturally I come across it far more than most. There are plenty of videos showing what even a few Lancers can do to an armor column. Infantry stop rendering at 300 meters in the best case scenario, Lancer has a maximum range of 600 meters. Put two and two together...
    • Up x 1
  2. EliteEskimo

Since when did the Lancer have significant damage drop off? Also the Lancer is much faster than even the pre Nerf anchor Prowler velocity. It's not hard to hit a moving tank, as people seem to have little to no issue hitting my serpentining Prowler from 400 meters or more away.

Furthermore you don't have a chance to react if the first volley Instagibs you. It only takes around 6 HA's to do this. Many VS outfits on Emerald can field several squads and some over a Platoon. Use your imagination.
  3. EliteEskimo

Tanks stop Rendering at around 750 meters away. Infantry stop rendering at 300 meters in the best case scenario. The issue is when infantry are given weapons greater than 300 meters it allows them to be invisible/invincible entities that can blow up vehicles with no way for the people in vehicles to fire back.
    • Up x 1
  4. Veph

Lol, dude. Stop.
  5. Shadowomega

Wasn't Infantry render range pushed out to past 300 meters a few patches ago?
    And the new one is between 350 and 400m?

Also Tanks render out as far as 900m to 1k meters not 750.

Also unless it changed recently the Lancer Ranges are as follows:
    Level 1 charge 600m TTL 1 second, projectile Velocity 600m/s
    Level 2 charge 700m TTL 1 second, projectile Velocity 700m/s
    Level 3 charge 800m TTL 1 second, projectile Velocity 800m/s

(TTL stands for Time to Live)

Not to mention the Phoenix Missile can pull the same thing inside render ranges but from spawn rooms, inside bases and behind walls, places were tankers don't have LOS or splash ranges. Only problem is No one on NC really gets an organized group to do it, while VS do it a lot more at least on Emerald.
  6. EliteEskimo

Infantry render was pushed out temporarily, the devs pushed it back to 300 because it negatively impacted server performance.

Keep in mind Anchor mode gives the Prowler 425 meters/s if it is easy for me to hit moving tanks at range imagine having almost double that velocity. Talk about near hit scan. Tanks rendering at 900 meters only.further my point.

Phoenix is slow and you can hear it coming, and I've shot them down many times and no it ran them to cover.
  7. EliteEskimo

Good counter argument huehuehue
  8. Vixxing

What about 6 coordinated phoenixes? (same argument you used against Lancers) Or even worse 6 AV manaturrets or 6 Raven Maxxes (talk about instagib!)
  9. Shadowomega

Ah they did reduce it back down, but hey Tank at 900m is safe as the Lancer instantly stops at 800m. But also to be fair the Profile of a Sundies Broad side at 900m is just a couple pixels At 1920-1080 with max FOV with the Lancers Optic, at that Point you aim for a sweet spot on the 3d spot Icon. Well there for awhile an Anchored Prowler had over 800m/s velocity and it was killing everything, along side its 1.2 second reload speed.
  10. Konstantinn

Please do reduce Striker's velocity, better yet take it out of the game completely, it's completely 100% useless. Other, stock non-faction specific, launchers are better in every possible situation you can think of. I'll take the trade of striker reduced velocity for adding drop to lancer any day of the week. As a matter of fact, since nobody literally EVER uses Striker you can apply other nerfs to it, keep trading them for your best toys, it would make absolutely NO DIFFERENCE to TR, but would rightfully put VS where the faction belongs.

Oooh, an even better idea, trade you Striker for Lancer? Let me guess... you wouldn't want that? Bad trade huh? That's the whole point...
  11. vanu123

Considering it is only viable at extreme range and it has to be used in groups, it is okay if not a little UP.

No drop uber powerful:
    [IMG]
  12. Foxirus

I wonder where you are pulling your incorrect numbers from? 6 heavies instagibbing a prowler? The only time this would happen is if the heavies were within 200m and EVERY charge shot from each heavy was directly to the rear of the tank. Hit anywhere else, within 200m, and 6 heavies with a lancer will only bring a prowler to about 1/5th of its health. Anything beyond 200m and the lancer deals reduced damage.

You are saying you're getting hit at 400m with the lancer. I have done lancer squads with allies at enemy vehicles enough to know that the target vehicle has MORE than enough time to move itself to cover. Most of the kills gotten are vehicles that are already damaged from another source. You should try using a lancer sometime. See how often you die. See how punishing the weapon. Within 450m? Literally any of the homing launchers surpass it. Within 150m? You will be killed before you can finish the charge in most situations. Use a deci.
  13. 00000000000000000000

Whew, someone doesn't like VS very much.

We understand, striker is in a bad place right now.

But just because your weapon sucks right now doesn't mean ours is OP. It means yours needs a buff.
  14. Konstantinn

No, that's not what it means. For over 2 years Striker has been bad in one way or another. It's a poor concept that doesn't work in this game. What would be fair, is to give faction that has been ignored for 2 years a slightly better weapon than other factions, while giving other factions and under-performing weapon for 2 years. 2 years later balance can be restored, and that's what fair means.

Unless you have a time machine, there is no other way of making up for disaster that striker has been. Somebody doesn't like VS? Hard to like faction that keeps constantly getting easymode advantages, yet somehow doesn't realize or admit it.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with NC Phoenix. It was slightly OP when it could 1shot infantry, but that was fixed fairly quickly. It's weak, but it's unique, making it able to do something no other faction can do without giving a terribly unfair advantage. Obviously I don't have a poll, but I'm sure if all 3 faction launchers became common pool you'd still have nobody using Striker, occasionally people would use Phoenix when situation calls for it, and almost always run around with Lancer.
  15. grazr

I empathise with the comparison, but the Phoenix really isn't that great at indirect fire. Ignoring variables like bad piloting, factoring in vectoring, the pheonix range is less than 300m (assuming it doesn't get shot down) and the turning isn't that great for anything except clipping the bumpers of poorly parked sunderers and if you are thinking of firing it out of buildings you can forget it, you'll never get the angle and even if you do, you're a sitting duck for several seconds and strafing Mags are still a pain. People group Phoenix's because of the ludicrous travel and reload times despite the resistance bonuses, it really doesn't surpass any other launcher in cheesing. Fire and Forget is much more practical. But that is kinda missing the overall point i admit. Anything used on mass is always going to be powerful against single targets.

You mean like the Vulcan? Or pre-velocity nerf AP MBT, or just your AP MBT in general since it's 2 shot mechanic reduces the threat of infantry remarkably.
  16. Vixxing

17. Shadowomega

First you never ever nerf something to be balance out fairness of having a broken weapon. The only time you buff something to get a slight advantage is during if a faction's pop is in the dumps across all servers. Was the Striker OP broken at launch yes, and the issue was pointed out many times, and eventually "fixed" which put the weapon into a broken mangled wreck as the devs didn't do the right fix. Then alot of TR Demanded the Striker to be unique well last changes they made to it made it unique but still left it in an ineffective mess. So the people that wanted it to be unique reaped what they sowed, and screamed the loudest and stamped down on all the suggestions that would have brought the Striker up to a fully Effective weapon platform. And I believe you where one of those that where coming down hard on people that had good suggestions that would have avoided this mess.

At least DBG listened finally when it came to AV secondaries for tanks, and finally announced that they are going to make new secondaries. Cause trying for asymmetrical balance with this whinny player base isn't going to work.
  18. Takara

I'm not sure if you are being serious or not...back then the projectile speed when locked down was down right ludicrous. It was sniping ESF at full distance...the thing was crazy ridiculous on top of the reload speed. It was just to much...sheesh. And to think people complain about mag strafe being op.
  19. Takara

Actually you are wrong the vanguard is better now, but back then it wasn't. And at the point in time the 60% velocity buff was in...render distances were not what they are now. People were sitting at the crown with prowlers sniping infantry at TI Alloys and all the way down at the amp station on the other side.

The vanguard velocity now is 2/3rds the velocity of what a locked down prowler used to be. There was a reason Buzzcut seriously spent 90% of his time in a prowler.
  20. Takara

All I ever see you do on these forums is whine about how OP everything is. You have a particular hate for the VS. You have already sullied your name and committed yourself to the rank of forum offical forumside whiner extraordinaire. After looking up your post history seriously about 60% of your posts revolve around somehow nerfing something (Mostly VS stuffs) One starts to think if you are just have an axe to grind.