decrease mag rider cruise speed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Remove medkits and buff the magrider hahahaha
  2. Jake the Dog

Its not about winning any argument as it is enlightening other people If you need help tanking all you need to do is ask.
  3. MikeyGeeMan

Then teach....if its disparate skill levels thats causing the issue...teaching everyone how to tank would make the nerfs not happen.

I'm not a tanker at all...just saying what I observe..
  4. Isokon

Anecdotal evidence is never a good basis for balancing changes.
  5. Linus

It is obviously a "circular strafing tank" because of it's fixed frontal canon...
    To be fair, you may be agree with me saying that it has to be able to turn as fast as a tank turret.

About the top-speed and the turning speed. The racer chassis and the rival chassis grant the same kind of bonuses to the other two MBTs aswell.

If the Magrider can outmaneuver you quickly, it uses probably the Magburner.
    Reducing the movements speed of the Magrider might make it barely playable and competitive in its basic apsect (no certs).
    While a basic Magrider can be an easy target, a fully-certed and crewed one, can totally become a nightmare.
    Therefore, are we speaking only of numbers and parameters or can the experience and the skill of your opponant weigh into the balance?
  6. Jake the Dog

Do you have a VS or NC on emerald?
  7. MikeyGeeMan

Yes. Mikeygeeman vs. My first character I made.

And mikeygeeman3. NC...my 3rd character.
  8. Jake the Dog

Ill be on tomorrow at some point send me a friemd request and ill teach you.
  9. Mythologicus

The Magrider is outpaced, outarmoured and outgunned by Vanguards.

The only thing they can do is positioning.

Hmm.
  10. Xipoid1

The magrider sucks big time. It's more a dancing lady than something to shoot with. No clue why they put it in the game.
  11. lothbrook

The only balance change they need to make with MBTs is make the Vanguard actually have an armor advantage in the front of the tank, statistically its higher right now and makes it look good on paper, but in reality it doesn't reduce the number of shots to kill over a magrider/prowler.

The side armor is better though, but that only matters in potential flanking situations, in a head to head fight though the VG has no armor advantage, so the shield is necessary to even win 1v1 engagements where its an equal footing fight.

This is also why the VG is the worst performing tank, its the least maneuverable, average DPS, stronger armor only to the sides, and the highest mobile main gun velocity, but since moving causes the turret to bounce uncontrollably that means very little. With its only advantage being its shield which means whenever the shield is down it might as well be a slightly larger lightning.
  12. Czarinov

In that case you better stop creating stupid threads where you have no idea what you're talking about...
  13. Alox

Is that all it takes to outmanoeuvre you?
  14. Turekson

I really like the concept of the magrider (eldar gravtank-ish), it's about as Vanu as you can get and really sets apart from the other ES MBTs. When you bump into them (..or they bump into you oO) playing as infantry they cause this authentic kind of alien fear, similar to scythes. I love to hate them both, my dear enemies.

I don't know anything about 1v1 MBT business since I don't know anything about it, and can't say who is OP/UP. However it seems to be almost impossible to hit a magrider at medium-long ranges with a dumbfire launcher or a pounder as a HA or a MAX, when you engage it from the front or front-side and the driver has some hours on the game.

Not necessarily saying magrider is OP vs. HA either or it's cruise speed needs to be nerfed, just my experience. (Maybe if the strafing speed would be a little less, or it would occur after a small delay? Would this 'ruin' magrider vs. other tanks? Honestly I don't know enough about MBTs though.)
  15. TheChris

I am TR too. Yes the Magrider is hard to hit. That is his Strength but if u nerf his Speed he is completly useless.
    Begin a Vanu and play a Magrider then u know what i mean.

I cant her that NERF NERF NERF NERF anymore.
    If everything gets nerfed then all faction had a Waterpistol only.

Bulldog Nerfed.
    Dalton Nerfed
    Hellfire Nerfed
    T7-Minigun = nerfed.

I only can say it from TR-Side but other factions got nerfed weapons as well.
    Alot of weapons has been nerfed.

Sorry to say that but learn to play instead of whining about weapons/Vehicle-Stats.
    A good Prowlerdriver can kill a Magrider without problems if the Magriderdriver is not good.
    They are Equal.
  16. TheChris

17. Tululaboo

I think you might be forgetting the obvious here and please, bare with me.... Mag tanks are not versitile to stay in one specific direction for easy backtracking that drivers are so fond of >.< we have to face where we want to fire where as other vechs can turn their turret... We need the suppossed speed to compensate for quick turn and runs that other vech can do but get this, without turning >.<
  18. Lucidius134

You need to understand that the prowler lockdown negates strafe at range and excels in close range DPS wise versus a magrider and the vanguard has the VG shield to negate any flanking damage a mag would get from maneuvering in close range.