being spotted through walls

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MikeyGeeMan, Apr 14, 2015.

1. MikeyGeeMan

This is starting to happen a lot.

Not sure if this is a new feature, bug or hack.

But I cam hear people spotting me without seeing me. I know this because I had a sensor dart up. Saw the guy on minimal and then heard him spot me..we were also the only two in the region as it was a 50-50 split and I knew I was the only one there.
  2. chevyowner

Have you heard of sensor shield?
  3. Klypto

https://soeissuetracker.com/browse/PS-337

What is talking about is fully valid. I intentionally try to spot people through walls all the time and it works pretty well.
    • Up x 2
  4. chevyowner

I dislike saying this but I have to agree with other posters in other threads that the OP is a troll, and this is just one of 4 troll threads by him ATM.
  5. FateJH

More context is necessary.

The spotting system being too generous or working through terrain that one would assume is safe from visibility is an old hard to track down issue due to inconsistency.
  6. Illucidator

Idk if you can still do it. But a month or two ago I noticed if someone peeks their head around a corner but then goes back behind the wall if you q spot the position on the wall right after he hides after he peeks sometimes it will spot them. But as far as I kno doesnt work as well as it use to and most of the time I dont spot people because usually if they are good they will notice someone spotted them and will be soon coming after them whereas if you dont spot them it gives them a false sense of security where u can just sneakup on them while they think noone has no idea they are where thry are.
  7. Klypto

I was doing this last night actually. As an example, stand on one side of the wall at Eastshore Training Camp and have an enemy stand on the other if you look at them through the wall you can spot them easily. I ran up and down the wall spotting people and killing LA's that jumped over.

[IMG]
  8. ronjahn

OP may be the boy who cried wolf in this thread. No one is going to believe him unless they've seen it happen, but he is absolutely correct on this and it needs looking into as it gets abused as Klypto pointed out doing above.

I frequently spot vehicles and infantry from 100s of meters away right through terrain and buildings.
    • Up x 1
  9. Linus

I am able to spot some ennemies throught terrain and walls since several months (around september - october)
    It seems to work quite randomly and the target can be spotted from very far away.
    I kept thinking that they were about to fix this problem but it was never done...
    • Up x 1
  10. MikeyGeeMan

Thank you.

Not crying wolf and never have. Op no troll. Just thinking about planetside today...is that a crime?
  11. Dj Gus

I can confirm this is going on, since about september / october.
  12. Mxiter

Noticed it too, since a moment already.
  13. Utrooperx

I've seen this happen at Amp stations...I'll be in the underground tunnels...all alone, heading to repair a generator...and "Watch out...Enemy Engineer..."

Pop up through the gravity lift to instant death...sure, a Motion Detector will show something's coming...but the specific class...?
  14. marcelomormaii

From the moment a shot is made all its location is shown on the minimap, it is now almost certain the enemy find you no matter where you esteja..se you are hidden behind the wall, rock, tree, top down, in the water, no matter the location the minimap reports throughout its position indefinitely. I hate the minimap. Please dev minimize the spot enemy on the minimap.
  15. Tetholin

I was flying round in my 2-man Valk last night spotting crap behind 20ft of concrete. No idea how or why.
    • Up x 1
  16. Takara

This has gotten pretty annoying. I've hit Q by accident well getting into a vehicle and spotted a guy through two hills and a wall..."ENEMY MEDIC SIGHTED" ...wait what....ok

As much as I hate it. I file it pretty low on the list of problems that need addressing. Spawning outside of spawnrooms or sundies and falling to my death every time i change spawn locations however ranks much higher.
  17. chevyowner

One problem I see here is that 'reasonable' is perspective.

The point about spotting an enemy the just went around a corner is more realistic. In that if you saw someone in a red shirt running around a corner and want to yell 'Someone is a red shirt is nearby' nothing would stop you.

I'm not saying there is no bug along these lines.

People would have been more likely to take you seriously when you started this thread if you had not started the other 3-4 anti VS threads basically 'crying wolf' in them. Yes at least this thread better then the rest.

OP can be used many ways and the context is important for the meaning. Here are a few examples
    Opening Post
    Opening Poster
    Original Poster
    Original Post
    Over Powered

PS
    Optimus Prime