Top 5 scummiest tactics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ianneman, Mar 11, 2015.

1. andy_m

Thanks for elaborating. Yeah, a dbag for sure, in the case you describe.
  2. K2k4

1: Juking back and forth, obliterating the net-code and making it so that it's impossible to hit your head. (ADADADADAD)

2: Heavy assault with a shot-gun. While not as powerful as it used to be, a heavy assault running with a shotgun needs only pop his shield turn and execute you with an OHK shot. I know this isn't as common an occurrence, but it's definitely the least fun way for the person executing the ambush.

3: already mentioned - camping a vehicle terminal is so unfair on so many levels. It's also promoted by the positioning of the vehicle terminal in almost every base. ugh.

4: Farming infantry solo in vehicles (if you are the only vehicle occupant). Looking at all tanks, esf's, liberators, to some degree harassers & sunderers as well. Farming with vehicles is always cheap when your enemies are unable to effectively defend themselves. It's also a big part of the game.

5: spawning an alt in an opposing faction and disrupting the spawn room of the defending faction. - whether it's spamming that you are the pine-apple, attacking friendlies. parking a sunderer in a terrible place on purpose to disrupt faction spawning, or going on friendly vehicle killstreaks. This obnoxious 'tactic' is cheap, effective, and against the spirit of the game.
  3. 0fly0

Damn so we can brag about 1.91, wait for me Cobalt tomorrow you're going to here me brag about my 2 k/d all day long!!!!! :rolleyes:
  4. Liquidrider

I have seen enough responses on this thread to counter any point the OP made. So I am not even going to respond anymore.
  5. CaiBai

Double fury sundy with blockade armour... this **** just kills everything in its path...
  6. Badname1886

One shot kill regulars and abusers.
    Uninstall, mother****ers.
  7. andy_m

Abusers? Please explain.
  8. Badname1886

abusers: cheater infiltrators, cheater liberator gunners with the dalton.
    regulars are normal infiltrators, mbt *******.
  9. Klondor

1]. VS only using the NS weapons (mostly revolvers), not seeing their faction specifc strengths.
    2]. (Before the faction camo balance changes) VS cosplaying as NC and TR due to their lack of proper empire color IFF arrangement.
    3]. Singling out one infantry unit taking over while in a tank when your infantry can easily handle them.
    4]. Orion Heavy
    5]. Sitting magriders on mountains/hills/ledges and shelling hallways and doors.
    • Up x 1
  10. MikeyGeeMan

People using autohotkey to pop their shields when fired on as ha.

Macro users

Factions making fun of autism on yell...thats the scummiest of them all. Having a child with autism, you people have no clue. And karma will get you.
  11. orangejedi829

Just wanted to say I love your sig haha :D
  12. Linedan

- ESF infantry campers. Especially the ones that hover back at maximum render range and just spam areas with rockets.
    - Giraffe camo back in the day. OK, not really scummy, actually pretty smart. Just kind of mildly annoying.
    - Losers who swap factions to start TKing people or blowing up Sunderers.
  13. Klondor

Why thank you, i drew it mahself C:
  14. Shaengar

Sniping from Hossin trees into a crowded base is the evilest thing you can do in this game. It was the only time I went on a 100 - killstreak and you can easily and reliably get a k/d of >30.

No Light Assaul is gonna reach you up there and if you are doing it right you are very hard to spot from the ground, which makes countersniping difficult.

The rare occasions when you die are mostly when you fall down the tree by yourself or if someone completely dedicates himself to the task of killing you and pulls an AI ESF or bails from an aircraft as Light Assault and shoots you. Happens sometimes when you kill good players who get annoyed.
  15. Peebuddy

Really only one thing really comes across to me as scummy

When you're having an air duel and he knows he's going to lose so he rams you.

That's just poor sportsmanship
    • Up x 1
  16. TorigomaSET

Lol wat? How is shutting down a vehicle terminal "scummy" in angry way? It's one of the most basic tactical Strategies, and essential to many attacks. Next you are going to say hacking terms and turrets is playing unfair.
  17. TorigomaSET

OK, I adm7t, I almost did not get the sarcasm at first, well played.
    • Up x 1
  18. giltwist

Boy, it's really great to know that the only "non-scummy" way to play infiltrator is to run nano-armor with a scout rifle. Criminy, look at this thread...

• Up x 1
  19. _itg

No, that's making the best of a bad situation. Turning a loss into a cheesy draw is a net gain.
  20. Bacardie

Just a quick comment about all this. I find it funny how most of the posts are from TR and VS, who win the majority of the time with both sides having OP equipment.

But, as far as Snipers go camping a terminal.. That is a legitimate tactic. You preventing the enemy from using armor or air against your side. If your smart, you can locate the infil. If the infil is stupid to stay in one spot he's dead. Infil's are the weakest class but have a legitimate role in combat and that is to *iss you guys off, cause disruption and demoralize the enemy.