Anything you'd recommend to cert?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DashRendar, Apr 11, 2015.

1. DashRendar

I have 2500 more certs until I'll have Advanced Shields, Nanoweave, and Flak maxed on all infantry classes. Frankly I'm not sure I'm up for spending that many certs at this very moment, especially once I started actually maxing them out and found that Nano/Flak 5 are not all that people make them to be, I thought 4 was good enough and I'd have been 1000 certs richer per instance, but alas I am a completionist and therein lies my struggle.

Do revel in my certifications good sirs and ladies of the evening, and rain down upon thee recommendations of my further certings.

http://ps2.fisu.pw/cert/?name=DashRendar&page=1
  2. Lucidius134

Unrelated: The Valkryie has undocumented stuff.

There's a gun called the M60 Hound and a defensive slot that increases rumble seat passenger shields.

You should get the command channel you are totally missing out (not)
    • Up x 1
  3. Leftconsin

I'd buff up the Fury Flash. It is good in a lot of situations, gets you from A to B when a sundy isn't available yet, is an amazing weapon against foot zergs, and is all around great in the northern half of Indar.
    • Up x 2
  4. task_master

Cert your wraith, fury, renegade, and scout for flash. Probably in that order.

If you enjoy the AV wraith flashing, cert up your rocket pouch a bit so you can phoenix for friends who drive.
  5. Tommyp2006

agreed, Fury flash with max mag size is a killer. Especially with wraith. Can be frustrating at times but really fun.

Aside from that, last level of infil hacking depending how much you play it, last level of med kits, max out medic regen field, the AV mana turret, second rank of c4 for each class, Engineer Utility Pouch will pretty much eat up all those 2500 certs alone, AV grenades, grenade bandolier on all classes.
  6. _itg

• Last rank of medkits. Surprised you don't have it already.
    • EMPs for infiltrator. It's a cheap enough upgrade, even if you don't use the class a lot.
    • Last rank of drifter jets. It doubles your flight time.
    • Sunderer deploy shield and other support options. Useful to the team, good for earning certs.
    • Up x 2
  7. WUNDER8AR

You don't have maxed medkits and EMPs?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  8. Ballto21

Ammo belts on an engineer
    • Up x 2
  9. Ianneman

90% of the time medkits are more the sign of egomaniac players who want a high KD rather than players who want to contribute to a fight. C4 > Medkits.
  10. Leftconsin

I didn't even look at how far you were in medkits. Buy that last medkit first.
  11. BlueSkies

ASC > Nanoweave and its cheaper

:confused: I use medkits because I would like to continue contributing to a fight rather than spending time looking for a medic (who may or may not just be playing medic for the ARs) or having to respawn and run back to the fight. I think that goes for most people who use them.
  12. QQlazors

ASC has a very short timeframe where it might actually have an effect on a battle, Unless you KNOW that enemies will be coming after you with MORE than 6 seconds apart but LESS than 10 seconds apart, or else it has no effect other than being a bit faster to regen and therefore slightly less annoying.
  13. Lucidius134

Older players generally have all extra grenade types without certing them if they played when VR first came around.
  14. Archiadus

Max turbo and vehicle stealth on your Harasser, cert the Walker's ammo cap. to about 6-7 and dump the rest into the magazine size.

Here's the setup that we use:
    • 5/5 Passive Turbo
    • 3/3 Racer High Speed Chassis
    • 4/4 Fire Suppression System
    • 4/4 Vehicle Stealth
    The great thing about a good AA Harasser is that hardly anyone expects you to be one as they're pretty rare (on my server at least) and it's quite hard to tell what kind of weapon you're driving with so you've almost always have the element of surprise going for you.

You would need a friend to drive/gun for you and a way to communicate (TS / Ventrillo / Raidchat etc) to make it work but when you do it's a ton of fun, tricking pilots from all skill ranges into believing that you're just a free cert piñata waiting to pop only to have you destroy them as soon as they go into hover mode makes me smile every time. :D

Depending on how good your driver gunner combo is you can effectively hunt down enemy Harassers, Lightnings, Sunderer, you can take out some MBTs and if you've got the guts to pull it off you can even battle it out against a Liberator trying to get a tankbuster kill on you.
  15. omfgweeee

How fast a walker can kill and ESF ?
  16. DashRendar

Explain?

Purposely avoided it hah. A laser sight on the SAW is a better usage of 100 certs. Though in fairness I hear the NC Emerald command channel is particularly amusin... *aherm* helpful.
    • Up x 2
  17. ChUnKiFieR

I'd like to see cert rewards for battle ranks. If not each rank or tenth rank at least one for reaching battle rank 100. Perhaps 1000 certs for BR100. That's just the cost of one nice weapon. Members get a monthly allotment of certs as it is now anyway don't they? So what would be the big deal I wonder.
  18. Lucidius134

On that website that allows you to view certs it has several things in it that arn't in the game (I can only assume ripped from the files themselves).

Example: There's a pistol on that site called the Guerilla. The Guerilla was an unavailable weapon in early beta that was a Magshot with faster reloads and some trade off. Just like the Beamer Storm (3rnd burst Beamer), or the R8 Sultan (A TR Repeater w/ extended mags w/ some trade offs).

Back in early beta they had a lot of weapon concepts that were completely cut. You can view them in the complete weapons list on the gamepedia wiki.

http://planetside2.gamepedia.com/Category:Weapons_by_type

It was only the main weapon types (Carbines, Sidearms, Assault Rifles and LMGs). Scout Rifles, Battler ifles, etc did not exist back then.

We also had AP variants of MAX AV Weapons back then, as well as a Burster variant that shot strong flak that had like 2 shots a mag. I can go on for days about old removed **** lol.

Remember when the Equinox was the Pulsar VS1 Select for example, and the Pulsar Compact was the default weapon (renamed to Solstice the day of launch)

The Pulsar Compact ,which was just the carbine version of the Pulsar. The Pulsar series was supposed to just be the 'starter'/'basic' series for the entire faction practically
    • Up x 1
  19. Lucidius134

I got sidetracked by all of the old removed stuff.

My point was I don't remember seeing any of those on that site when i used it several months ago so it may be a new weapon or added to the game code through some old unintended codebase or something.
    • Up x 2
  20. Scr1nRusher

It would be so cool if they brought that old stuff back.