[Suggestion] Now that M.A.X.'s got Unique Weapon Models...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Skooma Lord, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Skooma Lord

I think it's way past due to create new weapon models for many infantry guns!:eek:

Truly Unique; not just mix and match parts from another gun, like we have right now.
    • Up x 4
  2. ikillyou1990

All of my yes.
  3. Bhudda V1

if I am correct this is the plan it's just going to be a while and i have no idea how they are going to do it AKA do the defaults first or go class by class.
  4. MrJengles

They outsourced the MAX weapons a year ago or something like that. I haven't heard them mention doing this for infantry weapons so... don't hold your breath.
  5. Mythologicus

Already mentioned on Twitter during the development of the MAX weapon models. The team wants to do it for weapons that have duplicate models, so we shall see.

https://twitter.com/Sherman_Anim/status/575790975739527168
    • Up x 2
  6. Skooma Lord

7. MrJengles

Wanting and doing are different things though.

They must not have ordered the infantry weapons along with the MAX ones; I wonder why not. Plus, it doesn't even sound like they've started work yet and we know the lead time is huge.
  8. LodeTria

It's a lot more weapons to make than the MAX weapon pool.
  9. MrJengles

I don't know what you're getting at.

The large number of weapons just gives even more reason that they should stay on top of it.
  10. Skooma Lord

11. Lucidius134

Don't hold your breath on:
    Code:
    Gauss Rifle
    Gauss Rifle Burst
    Gauss Rifle SF
    Pulsar VS1
    Pulsar VS1 Burse
    Pulsar VS1 Select
    T1 Cycler
    T1B Cycler
    T1S Cycler
    Gauss Compact
    Gauss Compact Burst
    Gauss Compact SF
    Solstice
    Solstice Burst
    Solstice Select
    Trac-5
    Trac-5 B
    Trac-5 S
    T9 Carv
    T9 Carv S
    Gauss SAW
    Gauss SAW S
    AMR-66
    Warden
    Eidolon
    Beamer
    Repeater
    Magshot

Anything with an auraxium variant or multiple versions (no idea what the equiv of the gauss saw s is for VS. I mean i do but it doens't make sense).

Honestly, don't mind the dupes if the were a bit more visually distinct much like the sekect variant of the gauss compact.

Edit:

Make the all burst variants bullpups. You can further distinguish these by giving them the weapon skin the Select Fire variants have, which wouldn't look like the non-bullpup variants or the defaults.
    • Up x 1
  12. Lucidius134

[IMG]

I threw together a mock up of the Cycler Bullpup
    • Up x 2
  13. Skooma Lord