[Suggestion] Hossin continent bonus

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Apr 7, 2015.

1. HadesR

Needs changing to something other than Half price MAX's ..

MAX spam is bad enough as it is now with the half arsed resource system ... Having one faction being able to spam twice as many is just plain stupid design ..

Resource Revamp where art thou ?
    • Up x 1
  2. Leftconsin

Well, Hossin was +25% XP when it first came out, right?

Personally, I don't mind MAX spam much. It adds a spice to the game I like. Although, if you want to continue that analogy I love putting curry powder on almost everything. Coriander is delicious.

However, I am a hit-n-run player and a positioning player. Tossing 10-15 bullets into a MAX and getting behing cover because I hit sprint speed faster is my game. I don't find them very troublesome other than the fact that I have to retreat a few rooms to get them to go away.
  3. MrJengles

Maybe reduce it to -35%? Also, there's another great way to cut down on MAX spam in general:

Make it cost nanites to accept a revive as a MAX.

You have to pay nanites and spend time reaching the battle again to replace other vehicles. MAXs are already revisable mid-fight so they don't suffer the time penalty, they don't also need to be able to survive dying infinitely for free. A discount (compared to pulling a fresh MAX) and a slightly lower cost to pull a MAX in the first place would be a completely reasonable middle ground.
  4. Eternaloptimist

Got me a Phoenix.....I'm happy to see lots of enemy Maxes on the battlefield (from a long way away and preferably out of line of sight). I don't much like Hossin though. Nothing wrong with it, just doesn't fit so well with my preferred play style. So personally I'm happy with the way things are.
  5. Kristan

If anyone plans to do a MAX crash - they will do it, with Hossin or without.
  6. Enguzrad

Isn't it a strange choice that winning faction gets a bonus, which gives them a better chance to win on another continent? Doesn't make much sense to me, although with current resource system it's not that great anyway.

But winner should be rewarded, I would just made all continents give XP bonus. It's still a nice reward, but it doesn't make faction harder to fight.
  7. MrJengles

Only because we haven't got the continental lattice like PS1; you'd need those benefits to stand a chance fighting 2 empires at once and to prevent an endless stalemate.

It's a half finished game.
  8. AxisO7

50% off is ridiculous when it comes to the MAX's. 25% would be better.
  9. Enguzrad

Yeah, you're right. With continental lattice it would make much more sense. I think I should be glad I didn't play PS 1, at least I don't see half-***** attempts to implement things from original around every corner.