[Suggestion] Custom announcer voice packs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PooNanners, Apr 6, 2015.

1. PooNanners

I constantly hear complaints about the wimpy nature of the announcer voice for NC as it compares to the VS and TR announcers. I think Chris Rager (Mr. Torgue from Borderlands) would be a great replacement. As a cheaper or even money making alternative, you could enable custom announcer voice packs, so people could just replace the voice if they are bored of it. If custom packs and Chris Rager are not an option, I hereby volunteer my time, voice, and writing skills at no cost in the name of freedom.
    • Up x 6
  2. TyranEndlos

I have my settings set up so that I don't have to listen to some annoying girl who doesn't sound like she has ever fought telling me that I need to try harder and everything. I think custom announcer voices would be great to fix this. I also think it is doubly great that PooNanners could be an announcer, his voice is fantastic.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

i'd definitely throw money at my screen if it'd get rid of that horrible woman! XD

she's so dam annoying
    "we can't lose this facility!" "we've taken the facility!"
    no... WE'VE taken the facility! you just sat there and moaned at us!
    • Up x 1
  4. EViLMinD

For NC, nothing could top Poonaners from Emerald. Love that guy.
  5. Pikachu

6. PooNanners

What is this magic?
    • Up x 1
  7. TyranEndlos

If you go into audio in settings you can turn dialog down to 0 and you won't hear her anymore. Takes away from callouts and stuff so you'll miss out on situational awareness but squad/platoon/outfit voice chat still works so if you callout stuff to the squad in voice chat anyways it doesn't hinder much. Wish they would make a way to mute just her.
  8. EViLMinD

She needs to be more condescending and authoritative. Insulting even. When the NC fails hard like it usually does, a heavy browbeating is in order.
  9. 00000000000000000000

I think this is one of the reasons for Vanu player retention.

TR & NC berate you for losing, VS just sounds slightly disappointed. Voices (or mimics) I would like to see.

NS: Mr. Rogers
    NC: Idunnolol
    TR: James Earl Jones (You will NOT fail the republic again)
    VS: Bill Nye (Science Rules!)
    • Up x 1
  10. theamateurassassin

I second this idea. The NC announcer really pissed me off right when we have lost a base or whatever has happened. Also, I feel like I made a thread about a poonanners voicepack a while back, and it got a good response.
    Final review: 10/10 would buy
  11. Mythologicus

If Mr. Torgue was the NC's announcer, I'd drop absolutely everything to play that faction again.

"WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON OUT THERE? BLOW THOSE ****ERS UP ALREADY GOD DAMN IT!"
    • Up x 1
  12. DashRendar

Wisdomcube can sure teach her a thing or two.
  13. TheKhopesh

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. TheKhopesh

"WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING, YOU LITTLE SH*TS? MORE EXPLOSIONS!"

"BOOM! KABAM! WHOO-BOOOM! KABLOOIE!"

"GO HEAVY ASSAULT, ROCKET PRIMARY 'TIL THERE'S NOTHING LEFT TO EXPLODE!"

"MORE ROCKETS, MORE TANKS, MORE EXPLOSIONS!"

"I WANT TO SEE NOTHING BUT SMOLDERING AND BLACKENED CRATERS OUT THERE, GOD DAMN IT!"

"IF YOU ARE NOT OUT THERE RUNNING UTILITY POUCH, GRENADE BANDOLIER, OR MUNITIONS POUCH, YOU'RE DOING EVERYTHING IN LIFE ABSOLUTELY WRONG!"
    • Up x 1
  15. PooNanners

You are just writing new material for me to use in game now. :)
    • Up x 1
  16. TheKhopesh

Awesome.
    :cool:;):p
  17. Tertiary

Omg, why isn't this already available through the player studio?? Release it with an official Nanite Systems robotic voice-over available to all factions (as a free alternative to faction specific).

And on that note... how long before we can get banners mocked up via player studio?
  18. P4nda

I would switch to NC if this were to ever go through.

/sign