So the Crossbox is... still here, can't we fix it!?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CapEnTrade, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Extremite

The only thing I'd like to see from the XBow is one-shot headshot kills on ALL classes within say...15m?
  2. Lucidius134

Those were (not) the days.

Ppl would bring up uh, call of duty or battlefield or whatever because it had one a lot.

My response was always: "Use a close range bolt action with a suppressor. You get the ****** bullet velocity and OSK Headshot you are suggesting with close range optics"

Every thread back then also suggested it as a primary. The Crossbow becomes a thing and has a niche in the game and ppl complain about even that.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flamberge

As firearms advance, so would crossbows, the same way knives, one of mans oldest weapons, do.
  4. Jamuro

A light assault that bailed killed my burning esf with an explosive x-bow.

PLZ NERF^^

Now for real ... the crossbow is mostly a gimik and most of us are fine with that.
    It has a huge versatility thanks to it's amo types and while it maybe could use a higher bullet velocity ... i think it's in a not too bad spot or at least not high on the priority list, when it comes to stuff that need work put into.
  5. ColonelChingles

This is why every infantry squad today is issued several crossbows, along with a tactical spear and anti-tank mace.

No, not everything advances. Many things simply become obsolete "dead ends" because there is no way they can be improved to be better than alternatives, at least in a cost-effective manner.

Crossbows are one of those things. They just aren't really that great for any general combat use that could possibly happen.
    • Up x 1
  6. TheKhopesh

The explosive bolts WRECK maxes and HA's alike.
    Neither of them expect to be taking ranged flak damage like this in doors aside from easily dodgable grenades from non-HA/max infantry.

This generally means that if they're taking on small arms, they're wearing NW armor for the most part, and the explosive bolts do significant damage to non-flak armor maxes (enough to push them back as long as you're not the only guy firing at them at the time), as well as drop HA shields almost entirely in just a single shot.

They also allow stalkers to utterly wreck smoking/flaming vehicles from behind enemy lines.
    I've taken out several MBT's by doing this simply by watching where they like to retreat to, waiting for them, and shot+knifing the drivers when they hop out to repair. (You must pay attention to the driver's name though so you can get him rather than the gunner!)
    After that it's not all that tough to 1v1 the gunner and destroy their vehicle.

It takes lots of prep work, and you have to find the right fight, but it's quite doable, and extremely satisfying to know that as a stalker you finished off what a friendly MBT column could not. :D
    • Up x 1
  7. Doc Jim

I wouldn't say no to a velocity buff, but all things considered I am happy with my crossbow.
    I have never been a fan of pistols so I have the crossbow with explosive bolts on every single loadout.
    It's great for clearing doorways of explosives, quickly dispatching ATV's, and causing confusion in zerg environments.