planetside 2 and LAN

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mfdoom7, Mar 26, 2015.

1. mfdoom7

is there a way to play planetside on LAN ?
  2. Iridar51

PS2 requires a server to play, so no. Not unless you somehow get your hands on proprietary PS2 server software.
  3. RomulusX

WTB PS1 Servers to open a warehouse full of gaming computers and a bar. Also for a small fee you can BYOC...no BYOB tho :p
  4. The_Blazing

Didn't the revers engineer guys (Vanulabs and some others) post all their resources to bend the game to your needs on Reddit? I'm almost sure they also had a way to start a custom server (although on Vanulabs' videos we never saw anyone else besides the player, which means that it may not actually be able to connect via LAN).
  5. Klypto

And a powerful cluster of servers.
  6. FABIIK

I m pretty OP's intent is not to run a 'massively LAN multiplayer game'.

I myself would like the ability to load the maps offline.

And maybe people would like the less popular maps more if they could figure out the most circumvoluted facilities without being shot at.
  7. Vamperial

I don't want to sound like a total ******* but people need to stop referring to the continents that make up Planetside 2 as MAPS. They are much larger than a 64 player BF4 "MAP" so dumbing the amount of content down to the size of a MAP or level is really doing a disservice to what PS2 is.

No. Planetside 2 is a MMOFPS. Much like WoW is an MMORPG. Unless you have the server side code you cannot play locally.

This is what a test server is for. It usually doesn't have a whole lot of players on it and continents are usually unlocked.
  8. Ronin Oni

and a couple hundred players & gaming PCs to LAN with :rolleyes:

this is easily the dumbest thread on page 1... and page 1 right now looks like nothing BUT idiotic threads.
    • Up x 1
  9. mfdoom7

i just wondered is this possible, main thing was that if i could play offline with friends then it will be good way for training skills and so.
  10. Ronin Oni

Use PTS