Control points

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Mar 26, 2015.

1. elkikko92

Makes also control points outsidse the outposts between lattice. Make also a role for tank!

An idea is that vehicles, with outside control points, can capture a lattice or create a new lattice
  2. HadesR

I disagree with the whole " create a new lattice " part ..

But I wouldn't be against " Tactical " cap points outside of bases

Ie: A cap point on a bridge .. Bridge has vehicle shields one or both ends .. Shields only allow the bridges owner to pass ..

Capturing them would be based on Hex adjacency rather than lattice .. To allow both vehicles and small squads to disengage from the zerg and still be productive and help in the grander battle.
  3. Eternaloptimist

Doesn't this just mean that an outside control point can be bombarded to hell by tanks sitting a long way away, making it unlivable for the controlling faction? Or is my lack of technical understanding showing again? I have enough trouble getting out of a spawn room in one piece sometimes because of the hail of shrapnel landing all around the exits.
  4. Alchemist44

What about increasing the capping area? There was a mod for Battlefield 2 called Project Reality. There the cap points were about the size of a small-medium hex in PS2. Of course it wouldnt make sense in all cases in this form, but as a concept it might be interesting.

On a second thought, to implement it, one would have to rework the base layouts and the terrain...
    Oh wel..
  5. Kristan

Points for the Points God! Lattice for the Lattice Throne!
  6. RomulusX

They need to mix up the capture methods within the maps.

Some stay the way we have: tug of war
    some change to: LLU deliver the module back to the adjoining base (or further like the warpgate) to complete the capture
    some change to: hold at all costs...where the capture point has to be heavily defended b/c if the enemy pushes to the point and retakes it, then the attackers lose all progress towards their capture (PS1 style capture)