Better identificaiton for facilities that can spawn tanks/aircraft

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by patoman, Mar 23, 2015.

1. patoman

When looking at the map it gives no clear indication if the area can spawn a tank until I spawn in the location, sometimes requiring playing redeployside to find the right region near a hotspot. Any biolab, amp station, and tech plant is a sure bet but other ones can be a hit or miss. For the sake of old and new players and not relying on memory need a clear identication if the location is a tank spawning location, or other things such as aircraft.

Idealy should use one of three symbols for the base

a tank sign for can spawn tanks

aircraft sign for can spawn aircraft

We do have the tank symbol if a faction has a tech plant which is no help to identify if a region actually has facilities for tanks.
    • Up x 2
  2. Tommyp2006

There's an icon in the spawn menu right next to each base for what they can spawn.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Cz4rMike

there are two main symbol for bases and I taught myself that the 1st symbol (one used for biolabs for example) means there is esf terminals / tank terminals there. It worked very well for me such way, to be sure there is an ammo pad etc. BUT now I landed once somewhere on Hossin with that 1st mark on map... and esf pad wasn't there??? Not sure if it was there or not, maybe I just missed it. Because on all other continents it always worked out for me like that.
  4. VulphluxTR

5. patoman

Didn't notice the icons on the left for deployment. Thanks for the hint somewhat helpful but.... on looking further.

I tried it out just to see, I do see that same deployment list. Though, that's it, if I cannot spawn in the location I don't know whats in it, Say for example that screen Tommyp2006 is showing which I can see too. I olny know for one location other than warpgate can spawn all things, knowing warpgaes can spawn things is not helpful they are allways able to do that.

Also as you can see it shows that the spawn point can do, say a sunderer is just infantry, but you DONT know is if the sunderer is in a friendly region and if the same region has a tank terminal unless you use the spawn point and then redeploy, which again is pretty cumbersome.

If the deployment thing showed all the regions then the information would be readily available but it isn't. Also those same handy icons are not listed when highlighting a region to look at it, you know when you see the name, pop count, and what bonuses it has, always know if have tech plant biolab, and amp, but not a clue until spawning or being able to spawn in a location.

Say for example your in a region that can't spawn a tank but want to know which region can, the information is not readably available unless you redeploy and you can spawn in the neighboring region that has a tank spawn.

Also... for say strategy, you want to be able to highlight a enemy province (one you cannot spawn it) on the map and see if say for example if they can spawn tanks, which is helpful information.