Why is that game unplayable sind MONTHS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Athmosfear, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Athmosfear

Hey ho everyone.

I was playing Planetside 2 since the beta for nearly 2 years. Afte killing my old graphiccard (AMD radeon 6990) and nearly an year of pause od this game, i upgradet my Computer and wantet to start PS2 again.
    I upgadet my RAM from
    8 GB to 16 GB, get an better internetconnection
    (DSL 2000 --> DSL 16000)
    Build in an new Graphiccard (AMD Radeon R9 290 OC with 4 GB Ram) which has the doubled power of my former Graphiccard.

So my honest question is: Why the Hell is this game running barely on 20 fps with that new stuff, that costs me arround 400 bugs on medium settings, while my OLD stuff runned that game on High settings with atleast 40 till 60 FPS?? And why goes the ping ape**** from good (45) to bad (357)?

Theremust an da, where that game goes totally the wrong direction. And i dont mean the sell to Daybreak.
  2. Halathorn

As the crotchety old man with two hearing aids said to the ignorant ranting child, "What?!".
    • Up x 2
  3. stalkish

What CPU do you have, afaik processor is the main component this game uses?
    When in game if you bring up your FPS counter it will shows [CPU] or [GPU] this is what is limiting your FPS (think you might need framerate smoothing off for it to work) if it shows [CPU] then you need a better processor upgrading your RAM or your graphics card wont make any difference.

Try increasing your graphics settings if your GC is better than your CPU, i read somewhere this helps, no idea if it does.
  4. Klypto

This game does not need a really powerful Graphics card, just a strong CPU.
    • Up x 1
  5. FBVanu

I have an i-5 4590, 8 gigs of ram, Windows 7 and NO graphics card.
    'Just the intel HD4600 that is built into the chip.

I play on low to medium, and I get 40-60 fps. even in big battles, 96+ vs 96+..

A really fast internet connection helps.

Reset everything to low. turn on smooting, turn off V-sync, shadows off, bloom off, flora off
    set render to 50% and distance to 1200..
    then test your fps, should be higher now

then you can tweak individual settings, one at a time. i.e. textures on low, model on medium
    DON'T change more than one setting at a time for testing..

also, there was talk about the sound channels.. the lower that number, the higher the fps
    i.e.: i have only 30 channels, and turned off audio... too many little kids with crap music in the background
    I don't need to listen to that..

hope this helps.
  6. Tommyp2006

As those above me have said, it's because you are ignoring the thing PS2 relies on more than anything else, the cpu.
  7. Athmosfear

My CPU is the same which allowe me to have 40+ fps 1 year ago.

AMD Phenom II X6-1075 on an Asus M5A99X Evo Mainboard with 6 CPU'S
  8. Reyj21

How do other games run on your PC?
    If everything else is fine it's probably compatibility with the game; driver or game itself.
  9. Athmosfear

i can play every other game that i have on high/ultra settings with 60++FPS. Exept PS2.
    example: Eve Online, BF4, BF Hardline, BF 3, BFBC2, Crysis 3, Natural Selection 2 and on, and on and on..

It doesnt even change a thing if i play on ultra or on low settings.The FPS are nearly the same. The last graphiccard i had in, switched sometimes in the FPS counter from CPU to GPU. On GPU i had over 70 fps. But now it seems to stuck on CPU. I dont know what else i could do. I have changed some tings in the user options, (like u find in videos on youtube) but it changed absolutely nothing.

That doesnt count if my CPU didnt changed in the past 2 years and it former runned way better than now. And im not the only person with that problem.My whole outfit quittet over the last year (nearly 40 persons) because of that FPS problem.
  10. Reyj21

Try running PS2 on the lowest settings possible and see if there still is an FPS problem.
    If the FPS are fine, try turning things on and off till you find the function that makes your FPS drop so low.
    After you found it, just leave that one turned off and turn everything else on.
    Then you should at least be able to play it.

If that doesn't work, then you can only send in a bug report and hope they fix it.
  11. Athmosfear

I did that actually. On the lowest possible settings without shadows and other hungry settings, i run on 40 fps not on 20 fps anymore. But still, if theres an fight with more than 50 ppl, im doomed. I wrote an ticket but i dont have any hope -.- i know how SOE worked the last years... dont think as daybreak theres much more they will or could do -.-
  12. MikeyGeeMan

With your specs you shouldn't have a problem. Try reinstalling windows and follow some tweak guides.

I am running a 980xt i7 oc @4.2 with 16gb ram on a raid 10 with a 960gtx ssc ac2.0 and optimized with NVIDIA experience...which did awesome.

Now getting 70-80 and 50-60 in large fights all settings maxed out with smoothing shut off.
  13. customer548

Guess you do, but do you run on a x64 OS ?
    If i remember well, after reading many threads about it, it seems that Ps2 is not really friendly with AMD processors.
    • Up x 1
  14. Athmosfear

My OS is windows 7 64 Bit yes. I know that ps2 is for Nvidia optimized, but that cant be the only reason.
  15. TheRunDown

Turn the Render distance down, I do believe it current exceeds the 1000m range now on infantry and vehicles.
    I've been able to Phalanx Turrent Snipe people from Crossroads to TI Alloys.
  16. Athmosfear

i did that and all the other tips above. nothing brings an stabile or higher fps count. This game is still kinda fun, but it kinda hurts cause i now how the game looks and works former.. :/
  17. htmlboss

Get a job, then you can have the contents of my sig ;)
  18. Thomas "PS2" Edison

You're kind of a ***** old man
  19. Athmosfear

do u have to compensate something? I dont build an new PC after i payd overall round 1800 $ (or 1600€). My wife need something to eat, me too and also my kids. Oh whait, i have to pay my rent and my dues too. So, Sorry, for all my hard work, i dont buy an spacemonster like ur PC Bro.:rolleyes: