[Suggestion] Camo. tactical or just cool survey

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jake the Dog, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Jake the Dog

Camo as we know right now is relatively worthless and just barely adds some, if any concealment. Full on camo coverage could provide a slight tactical advantage over other players who don't have it and therefore it might create a more pay 2 win atmosphere for the game.

So simple question:
    Do you want camo in this game to give better coverage or keep it as?
  2. Regpuppy

Anything that's cash only should never have any considerable effects on gameplay.
    • Up x 5
  3. Tommyp2006

Personally I would rather there have never been camo (the game looked way better back when hardly anyone had camo IMO), but since it's too late now I prefer it just being cosmetic only.
    • Up x 2
  4. Iridar51

Disagree, currently camo can provide an advantage. When it doesn't - it's not because of the bad camo coverage, it's because it's not being used properly. CuteBeaver has an amazing guide about that here, but in short - player needs to equip a fitting camo for his current background and stay stationary.

Expecting for camo to work while you run around and shoot people seems not very intelligent.

Other things, like tracers, muzzle flashes, weapon and voice sounds, death map also make camo less effective. But again, it has nothing to do with camo coverage itself.

Personally, I think right now camo can provide too good of an advantage, and that there need to be more faction colors. Camo should be a cosmetic option, not some cheesy "sometimes be invisible" P2W feature. Let it be purely cosmetic.
    • Up x 2
  5. Plastikfrosch

i think the camos that are real camos (so help to hide) should have a full body coverage BUT should be able to be bought with certs as well (the normal camo costs 450-500sc so perhaps 500-700certs per camo) and camos that are obviously for beeing cool (extrem jellow, turkies, red - neon) should stay for station cash only because they dont fulfill a tactical purpose.
  6. FateJH

If camo was intended to be something that had widespread tactical use, it'd be available out of the box, like the premiere visual tactical advantage - the Infiltrator cloak. Moreover, there's no way to explain the bizarre variety of camo that would be relatively worthless in any environment. On the other hand, I guess even Shatter camo would work in a sulfur mine.
    [IMG]
    In any case, it's probably not possible to remove all of the unintentional effects of camo if it's meant to be stealthy rather than just pretty. Something is going to blend in really nicely somewhere at some point.
    • Up x 1
  7. Eternaloptimist

I buy camo for concealment. I know it will never be totally effective (the dorito is a bit of a give-away at range) nor should it be - it is not a cloak. For example, my dark digital seems to mean I get targeted less in low light and when standing in front of a background of broken up dark colours (like rock outcrops).So I think it has benefit in the right circumstances.

I know some people buy camo for display rather than concealment - fine. My only observation is that the great range of camos can make it hard to sort friend from foe when you have to make a split second decision whether to shoot (or pooh yourself).
  8. Pelojian

Players problem wasn't with how VS camo had better coverage then TR/NC their problem was TR/NC didn't has as effective coverage. i don't expect the devs will do another pass.

I'm happy enough with more subdued faction coloring but where they put the colors is the important part. i.e if they gonna stick faction color on your legs it should be not too much, but no too little and a little faction coloring on the shoulders or chest area.
  9. Liewec123

better coverage ftw,
    that being said current camo does have its uses, like those vanus at night..%^$&^&!
    and also when i'm using drifter jets high in the air i tend to get shot at less using white camo than using dark camo,
    it must blend in to the sky a little more than a black dot.
    also when i'm diving in to a clump of enemies to kill as many as i can before i die it helps using neutral camos than faction specific ones.
  10. DrPapaPenguin

As long as Q-spotting and minimap exist, it will forever be a flashy "I paid for this" sign.
    • Up x 1
  11. ronjahn

strangely enough Shatter camo seems to conceal you nicely in certain areas of Hossin that have yellow/green shrubs and also inside many biolabs that also have that color palette. Or in just fooling myself because I use Shatter religiously.
  12. Alzir

The concealment you're after op should not be available for money. Camo is a vanity item.
  13. \m/SLAYER\m/

full coverage must be only for ES colors
  14. Kristan

Camo is not about hiding, though it helps when you're stationary.

For me I'm using camo to confuse the enemy. If I'm running Wind Blow camo which is black, it confuses VS players and increases their time of reaction, since their brain takes more time to compute if that's a friend or foe. Enough time for me to land the first shots.
  15. Prudentia

i bought Tech camo to be a bright Sparkling Unicorn
    your whining about camo coverage ruined that and i hate you for it.
    also SOE's Customer support prevented me from buying things that would have made me even more sparkly, so i hate them too and will never give DBG a single dime.
  16. Illucidator

I bought shatter camo to completely blend in with hossin. Noone will ever see me coming.
  17. Ballto21

depends on the camo, terrain, and situation.

Grey scales ameriish mountains/hossin trees at night, op tactical advantage, especially as a sniper

bright yellow nc swagmlgl33tpro360noscope camo: terrible, but purely cosmetic
  18. BurntDevil

Theres some tactical camos worth using, I personally use black tile alot, but 90% of the "camo" is a bunch of god awful LOOKATME immersion breaking nonsense. Sure, it made the game money, to further support it, but it also is annoying to look at.
  19. Foxirus

Easy fix to that. They simply need to pick ONE CAMO for EACH CONTINENT, and let everyone have those camos for free. That way nobody has the right to complain about it. Once this is done, They need to give camo complete coverage. What we have now is just crap. Anyone who buys camo now with the crap coverage they have now is getting ripped a new one.
  20. Foxirus

There is nothing immersive about blatantly having your faction colors painted on your armor. That would be like me doing a covert ops mission and wearing nothing but my countries flag while trying to stay concealed from the enemy.