Request fix for Geforce GTX 780 ( dev responder plz )

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by 3X073K, Mar 18, 2015.

1. 3X073K

yeah , updates and all , still locking up everywhere , cant compete at 0 FPS, 5-10 seconds at a time every 10-20 seconds ... if u need system info , u can look at my post i did to find out it was a video card support issue.

Need a Dev to tell me whats happening about this , if there is a plan or , not bothering or , Something please !
  2. CrossFitForLifeBRAH

What are your NVidia control panel settings like overall and for planetside2 x64?
  3. 3X073K

Image setting set to "Let the 3D app decide". though now ima test it on performance ! i get the same behaviour usually on both ends of the settings ingame , played all from lowest to highest . wont matter where or when but something just freezes it all up for 5 seconds , happens more when other ppl are active around me and less frequent in a flat clear area. I did reinstall drivers recently trying to fix it so it would be on default settings. ill tinker around more , let ya know how it goes.

I do want this to work , looks fun ! but freezing to get shot is grinding my gears ... lol
  4. RainbowDash9

i have a GTX 750 and it runs just fine :eek: id try setting maximum pre-rendered frames or whatever it is to 1. it helped me out alot. also set everything else as low or off as you can in nvidia control panel. honestly i dont notice much of a difference. other than that i wouldnt know of anything else that would cause a problem. do you have DSR enabled at all by chance?

Also, i just had an idea, try fiddling with threaded optimization and see if there's a difference. maybe it clashes with the way planetside 2's set up and causing un-necessary load on the gpu
  5. will

What are you specs op? I was getting bad fps, until I upgraded from 4gb to 8gb ram. Now my frame rate doesn't drop as much . I'm running a amd phenom 2 quad so it does drop down to 15-20 fps in 96+v96+ battles, but that's because of optimization as I get 60 percent CPU usage
  6. psyshow

I run a Palit GTX780 with in-game setting's at ultra, the NVidia control panel pretty much maxed (apart from AA options as this has no effect apparently in this game) and the user ini quality set to 1.41 (I'm pretty sure it'll do it 1.72 with the Nvidia settings maxed but from the little playing around I have done previously, it can handle render quality at 1.72 and the Nvidia control panel at default settings easily). As far as the card goes, it's more than up to the job I assure you.

My other components are:

Intel i7-3970x (running stock clock at the mo)
    16GB RAM (2400mhz)
    Sabretooth X79
    Samsung HyperX SSD

Hope you find out what the issue!!
  7. 3X073K

Ok , Still no go , i found the lower the settings , the longer i waited for the freezing to start , but i am noticing the weapon is locking up and behaving funny shortly before the bigger issues persist. i just caught up on the posts so ill mess around with the "threaded optimization" and see how we go from there. Might also do a recording and try show ya whats happenin.

ill post back once i try a few bits , let yas know !
  8. 3X073K

i have messed with settings and bits , i have had no luck. So now i have set the Geforce Experience settings to "Optimal" and set everything to medium for the recording as its the happy medium of stress and anxiety lol

36 seconds of wtf , enjoy !

It displays the Big Freeze i get alot , not sure if dropping out the sky like that was intended as part of the game but it felt like hitting invisible wall , and u would probably notice the stuttering weapon movements , they get worse the further i go too.

My Rig : Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz , Geforce GTX 780 Classified Edition and 16 gig o ram on a Vanguard B85 Motherboard , win7 pro 64b. i have a SSD for games and work windows off a 1TB spinner. ( game is on the spinner for now )
  9. RainbowDash9

kill it. just uninstall it and be done, or try to reinstall lol. honestly if youre internet is good id download the test server and see if you get the same results. maybe its something on live that said "you know what, **** that guy"
  10. will

FOUND THE FIX!! you have to turn off in game shadows. Like off, not just turn it down a tad. I went from 18-25 fps to 56-60 ( my refresh rate is 60.
  11. 3X073K

LOL , Will , watch the video dude ! Then mabey some of the posts about and before it hey ? LOL
  12. 3X073K

Ok , FIXED ( its not but close enough )
    Copy install to different location , Delete everything in the main directory except the folders and Launchpad.exe.
    Restart pc and run the launchpad , Play game with no issues at any settings.
    i had to delete stuff in the game to make the game work .... so now i wanna know what all that crap in the main directory is for . SPREAD THE WORD IF U HAVE SUFFERED LIKE I HAVE ! ( Remember nothing will save or retain ur settings , but it will stop failing its job ! )

What a crock , it plays fun and im gonna enjoy it for a bit , but if u want my money , Bring on my PhysX options !

Thank you to all others that have offered advice and their experiences over the last week , shows that som1 cares ! :)