New Cry from real Noob to game,fml

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LuckyNubcake, Mar 16, 2015.

1. LuckyNubcake

I Love SOE All around but Holy helll, why do i get rolled so hard on here so fast ,and so often??

-I Started NC, cuz they looked cool - paid for thorn camo (love it)
    -Got into Engineer because all other classes seem to take F o r e v e r to get exp. - Worked Well
    -Sampled all classes as NC in 1-24 and 24-49 here's how they went (What stood out in my mind the most)

1) Engineer - I became a badass at Sunderer Placements and helping the team by repairing maxes , droppin ammo for the mean heavies and keeping spawn point up and defended. But i couldnt kill hardly anyone with standard issue weapon. So i looked for better, took a trip to VR and thoroughly tried all classes and all weapons for every class (except shotguns, cuz on my max my shotgun doesnt put anyone down so note to self "avoid shotguns")

2) Light Assault - Holy hell what a fun class, learned how to flank, elevate, snipe(not really, but i do ALWAYS hit someone before they turn around and 2 shot me) and i even get a kill now and then when i catch someone off guard.. However I upgraded to the AC-X11 and it felt great, can almost snipe with it till the see me. but that recoil is hella pissing me off. I'm tempted to get the NS-11C or the Blitz GD-10 but not sure i wanna pay 7 bucks for it.

// Enters my main complaint // However, no matter if im face to face with another apposing faction equivelant light assault or a BR 100 faceroller, i get Facerolled in 2 or 3 shots currently, even if i shoot first and all my shots hit, i can put 4 or 5 rounds from this AC-X11 into Everyone and None of them die unless theyre wounded by someone else first. pisses me right the hell off. so i got creative..... Since i obviously am getting a secret buttpounding by someone as a noob to the game. and decided to play a Motha fkkin MAX

3)MAX - yeah , i'm gonna go get me some ***** kills now boy !!............. pow pow pow eat that shotgun /splat ..wtf was , ......omg another enemy MAX just 5 shot me in 2 seconds with a HUGE cannon that im apparently not allowed to use on this hunk of shiiit.. FML, to hell with shotgun, lets use this noob blue shield... haha cant kill me now wankers... yeah, look at my team get behind me like im a pro, SPLAT pwned by a huge cannon to the head.. wtf... *** this MAX bullsh iiit....

4) Medic - Hahah whats this i get a self heal , sweet and can still use my straight shootin AC-X11 "1 Heal to Rule them Alllllll..."! get out there, pick a badass to rez and support, first time someone says "Hostile Medic in Area" 2 seconds later, Splat from random area, over and over and over, cant get my heal off before im pwnt. *** medic... straight to hell with it.

5) Heavy Assault - Hell Yeah, pumped up got SAW and as a Former US Marine i KNOW this things gonna put some biitches down !!! extended mag and the works.. here we go ! Awesome choke point, limited view,.. thi is gonna work... here they come , "opens up the lead spitter ..hit hit hit hit hit miss hit hit miss miss miss misss wtf its jumping up way more than a real SAW miss , reaim, hit hit misss miss *** out of ammo, reload, nothing is dead, 0 exp .. try again, room clearing with SAW , Blue shield, round corner low duckwalk/run as marines do and hit everyone in the room as im blue, then Pow Pow to face, dead... over and over... *** this imma try...

6) Infiltrator - read up on it, nice Stalker Marine Stealth kills will be sweet, *** yeah look at this Crossbow.. /pay for crossbow people are gonna die.. start to guard a control point after capturing it , 1-12 pop enemy, yeah gonna *** people up here he comes .. my first victim /huge grin aim for the head ...aim aim... wtf quit ****** running around i want this op headshot ..hit F uncloak and pow... WTF i missed, omg omg reload that shot now you ...noooo pop pop , im dead. FUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK GDmmit .jdhsiukhjjoi[oowk (hits head to keyboard) Fine, imma capture **** when nobodies looking and stay the *** out of combat on this *** over the NC with starter weapons that suck game till i can aquire that T7 Minicannon that pwned 20 of my guys last round in the ****** Biolab .. bullsh iiit !.. grrr

any advice ?

DD,
    Former USMC Tow Gunner /Platoon SGT / Rifle and Pistol Instructor with 6 yrs of Expert Marksmanship
    on a 25 FPS pc dedicated to the NC

PS. *** that hold breathe scope btw, my scout should get a sniper rifle, not a peashooter
  2. gigastar

First thing i would tell you is to get a PC that run the game at at least 60fps. If youre below 30 at all times then youre an easy kill if youre not in a MAX or tank, since you can get killed before you can react.

Also eyestrain. Eyestrain sucks.

Second, if you are actual military, then what you know from real life will not nessesarily apply in the game. Theres no use being conservative if youre not in a MAX or vehicle, since the only penalty for death as infantry is a respawn timer.

If youre looking for a game where your real life experience will help you, PS2 isnt it.
  3. DashRendar

Some of your complaints are just how the game works (or doesn't occasionally). That feel of shooting someone in the back then having them turn around and put you down, yeah that happens occasionally even to BR100s, it's just an aspect of any online first person shooter out there, and until internet technology advances, it's just something we all have to get used to.

The weapons themselves, not a legitimate complaint. The Mercenary is a solid carbine that does well what Carbines are meant to do well. The AC-X11 is also a solid carbine, but don't let the in game description fool you, it's NOT a long range weapon, it's got a shorter range than the Mercenary due to the recoil and low full auto accuracy. Get in close, shoot at heads, and prosper. That's solid advice for just about any infantry weapon in game and not just the AC-X11.

When you first start, you may think the weapons are bad because you have trouble killing things, but just about every weapon in game has equal killing potential, it's just that some sacrifice in certain areas to specialize in others. Choosing a different weapon will NOT help you kill any better, though one may fit your playstyle more than another, that's about as much as it'll give you. The main thing new players lack that makes it hard to get kills is map knowledge and experience. There are no matches where a friendly software program pairs you up with other doe-eyed bambis so you can learn together. No, the game shoves you into the same massive war as people who have been playing since release, and have many thousands of house in game.

What you should do is practice your flanking with LA, get to know the maps (LA is a great way to get a feel for maps) and learn positioning, strategy, and deception. My team is defending this base, the enemy is spawning in from a sunderer which is parked at the far end of the facility, they will likely come through this building before heading to the point and watch for flanks here and here. That sort of thing. Build up that knowledge, and you won't HAVE to outskill your enemy with superior weapons handling.

And yeah 25 FPS sucks.
  4. Tetholin

Why on Earth do you think that your 'life experience' is going to at all in any way shape or form translate into a PC MMOFPS based in the future of space travel with plasma weaponry, hover tanks, nanite robotics, jetpacks and teleportation?
  5. andy_m

All I would say is, "stick with it."
    • Up x 1
  6. sjtw_w_stot

Half a clip into the enemy's back, turns about and mows you down. -- This is Planetside.

Crossbow imo is eyecandy. I have it with the explosives. Fun yes. Practical, no. Jump into an engi, grab the Blitz with the launcher, drop an ammo pack, sit back and nade the mofo's from a medium distance. More fun than the crossbow.
  7. Leondre

Please stop playing NC, we have too many terrible players already.
    • Up x 1
  8. Jawarisin

Aside from getting a better PC.... This is a game, and you won't get good instantly. See it like irl shooting, I doubt anybody's amazing on their first try. Same with a game, don't expect to own everybody instantly.

Also, except for the infiltrator, you should realise that all the default weapons are AMAZING and some are the best in their categories!

Games are not real life! This might of not been obvious at first, but I hope you'll understand that they are both different, and you can't expect it to be the same.

My personal advice would be to find something you like to do, if a vehicle, which vehicle, if infantry, which class. Find one you ENJOY not one you think is "best" they are all good, so just take one you enjoy. Then go t the subforum in question, and look for help there. Here's an important thing about this though: If someone writes this big thing and you think it looks sensible, LOOK THEM UP. Look up their stats, if their k/d is below 1.5, keep what they said in mind, but I'd advise against following blindly what they are saying.

Another thing to do is go to reddit and the ps2mentor sub-reddit. There, you can find per faction/server/speciality. Once again, I suggest looking the players up. But anyways, in short, get a mentor.
    • Up x 1
  9. DashRendar

I saw you in VR on test server the other day. Hilarious! Wish I was filming.
  10. Madrey

Gauss Saw needs the Comp and Forward grip attachments to be manageable also you gotta burst fire 3 -5 shots at a time and aim for the chest or collar bone don't fight the vert recoil too much and that will give headshots which is what you need when using a low rate of fire gun.

Merc a19 Carbine (Engi & LA starter Weapon) is pretty solid the first few shots are pretty accurate

When it comes to NC weapons for the most of them you gotta burst and aim for the head either while hip firing or ADS (Aiming Down Sights) otherwise because of low ROF and hit registration it takes forever to kill someone.

The NC Max is like a horse, big strong power but requires a lot of care so you have to be careful about how you approach situations because of your slow reload speeds, limited range, and small magazine sizes.

Personal opinion NC is a lot of work to achieve the same effort/effectiveness that the VS have to a great deal and the TR to a slightly lesser degree. It's an uphill battle but oddly fun.
  11. Hegeteus

But terribleness is NC's birthright.
  12. FBVanu

try gunning for others.. become a crack shot for tanks and liberators.. even Sunderers..
    earn lots of certs.. be the engineer, repair certs abound when you are gunning in a vehicle
    join a squad.. earn even more XP

this way you can learn more about the game, see how battles unfold, have a ton of fun
    and,when you have enough certs, get the weapon you want, AFTER you have tried it
    in VR, then the Test Server, and then get the 30 minute trial, before you spend your certs.

but none of it matters if you have lag, hitching etc.
  13. LuckyNubcake

Thanks for the imput, I knew most of what you all said already but i need to know at what battle rating do i get to select other weapons? is there a list somewhere of future weapons like the T7 -Vulcan Minicannon that mowed down my whole squad 5 times each the other day ?
  14. The Rogue Wolf

I bet you're not aiming for the head. With very few exceptions, scoring headshots is absolutely vital in any firefight within 80m or so. (Beyond that, most weapons are going to be undependable for the task, making simply landing shots being more important.) You basically have to unlearn everything you've been trained on about firing at center-of-mass and learn to train your crosshairs on helmets. As far as keeping yourself alive, positioning and situational awareness is key; many weapons will literally bring you down in less than two-thirds of a second if every shot hits in optimal conditions, so your aiming skills mean nothing if you're caught unaware in the open.

Also, take the time to learn the distance where each of your weapons excels. Generally, the faster the rate-of-fire, the more the weapon is angled towards CQB. If you want a better LMG for your HA than the default Gauss SAW, I'd recommend unlocking the GD-22S; it's a much more easily-mastered weapon.

Yeah, that's brilliant. Chase away all the people willing to improve; that'll help the NC's situation.
  15. CuteBeaver

The Crossbow is one of the most powerful combos for a stalker. Its very high risk but has an incredibly quick killing potential.

The trouble with this combo for new players is the risk is very high, a single miss will screw you. On top of that, headshots are not rewarded consistently. Headshots only being good against wounded targets or other infils. Which means you either play it safe, and select the enhanced targeting implant, ammo belt for extra bolts as a suit slot, paired alongside medkits for longevity. Then find a good location and spot enemies, shooting the wounded ones on preference using your implant for better target selection.

Or, if that is too snipey for you, then jump in CQC more aggressively and run regeneration implant for longevity, and mines with bando suit slot, and 4 EMPs for those 1 shot kills, or even get nice and close for bolt + quick-knife assassinations. Essentially you begin anticipating enemy actions and making use of the EMP or the mines, and spotter bait, to allow those one hit follow up shots with the crossbow or the knife.

Both are completely different styles of play, one being very opportunistic and allowing for overwatch, and the other being more ambush orientated. Both of these setups are pretty damn effective, but its not newbie friendly. However if it interests you, jump in and enjoy and don't let anyone talk you out of learning something you like. One of the revolvers like the COMMY would probably be more useful for a new players stepping into this role while they learn bases, or those suffering from low FPS since a miss due to circumstances beyond your control isn't nearly as punishing.

At the very least you didn't waste your money. That I assure you <3
    • Up x 1
  16. Jawarisin

Battle Ranks currently do nothing. They do LITERALLY nothing, you don't get anything special for them (fine, you get a little decal for them, something you can plaster on your shoulders like a kind of military rank. But not only is it unnoticeable, it's useless).

All weapons can be unlocked from br 1. The only thing holding you back is certs or station cash. Station cash is the real money thing, and certs are acquired with exp. 250 exp = 1 cert.

Also, in this game, weapons are faction-specific. Meaning each faction has different weapons and cannot access the other faction's weapons. The only exceptions to that are Liberator/galaxies/lightning/flash guns (as well as a few others, usually vehicles). And the weapons that have NS in them (NS-7 PDW for instance).

So you will NEVER get that mini chaingun that the TR have, but they won't ever get your guns either.
  17. Jaeger41

First off: Welcome to the game, and THANK YOU for your service!

There are no weapons in the game that require a certain battle rank to acquire. If you have the Station Cash and are willing to spend it, you can have any weapon that is available to your faction. But there are some weapons that are specific to only one faction (empire). The T7 Mini-Chaingun you mention is one of them, and is only available to the Terran Republic (TR). The TR are big on chainguns, they also use them a lot on their MAX units. The NC also have some interesting unique weapons. As a former TOW gunner, you might want to check out the Phoenix TV-guided rocket for the Heavy, as well as the Raven wire-guided missiles for the MAX.

Contrary to what others have said, there is one thing in your previous experience that is directly applicable to this game:

TEAMWORK

Find yourself a good outfit, and join it. Not only will they be help you with weapon and loadout suggestions (and may have SOPs published on their website), but they will give you a group to run with consistently. Outfits come in all shapes and sizes. Some are rather casual, while on the other end of the scale are "milsim" outfits (often run by veterans) that adapt real-world tactics to the game. If you're in a well-run outfit, you know you'll have medics to heal and rez you, engineers to keep your MAX healthy, and Heavys and MAXes to push the objective.
    • Up x 1
  18. Eternaloptimist

OK

Burst fire for full auto weapons - recoil kills accuracy, not enemies

Keep moving - enemies call in spot reports all the time

Situational awareness - LAs, sniper and mag tanks especially are like sand, they get into the most embarrassing places

Don't stand your ground when firing - jink from side to side or shoot and scoot - time to kill for a full auto weapon is 0.6 seconds from one shooter. Several firing at the same time and you're dead before your client tells you what the server already knows.

Hipfire is for carbines at close range anything else is wasting ammo Aim Down Sights (ADS) is considerably more accurate

Lone wolves get picked off quickly - team up!
  19. 0fly0

1: Aim for the head
    2: strafe like a bunny, clutch against good player (when you ear the headshot sound)
    3: Get nanoweave
    4: Ns -11C is a really good choice, some people don't like it but it's probably the best carbine if you want to go for headshot.
  20. Iridar51

"Noob" is an insult, describes a bad player that doesn't wish to learn. I.e. it's totally possible to play for two years and still be a noob.

Unless you're looking to intentionally insult yourself, use the term "newbie".