How to SOLO DEFEND a Tech Plant - easy tip!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ReNz0r, Mar 16, 2015.

1. ReNz0r

Ever wondered how to influence a tech plant defence without a lot of friends? Check this out, it might surprise you with a free second tip at the end!

• Up x 4
  2. deep470

This is great! Thank you for sharing!
  3. Nitrobudyn

There goes my super-secret farming spot :/
  4. RomulusX

lol this spot was great as an engineer back in the days of the UBGL
    • Up x 1
  5. Danath

People also think deploying their Sundy next to the techplant's "legs" is safe. "They can't even see it from the gun deck". And then you prove them wrong with a AV MAX shooting from that walkway
  6. Towie

Hah excellent - I wonder how many squaddies i'll be meeting in that secret spot tonight ? ;)
  7. ReNz0r

thanks a lot for the feedback people, ill come out with other interesting spots and jumps soon
  8. MrJengles

Guessed it. It's a great spot :)

Nice video Renzor!
  9. ReNz0r

thanks my pleasure
  10. Flamberge

Very nice. Seems this might sync well with an engi with suppressed Warden/AMR-66/Eidolon and HVA.
  11. ReNz0r

sounds like a play try it out and tell me how it went
  12. 0fly0

Fake title, i thought for a moment i was going to learn something usefull on defending tech plant... and here an other farming spot video, but thanks for the jumping part i never try this one.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kcalehc

The same spot also exists at the other end on the legs too, which can also be useful when attacking from that end, and the enemy are on the balcony. You can fall out to part of the legs safely if you have Safe Fall 2 implant.

Got many many sniper kills from those locations. Guess I need to find a new spot now :(
  14. ReNz0r

I wouldnt worry im no Wrel and my view range is rly limited youll be fine
  15. andy_m

Nice Vid :)

I used to be able to get to a ledge from the very top level, by jumping down. I think it may be the same ledge. I've not done it for a while so I'll need to check...
  16. ReNz0r

bo sure to tell me whether you can still do it !
  17. andy_m

I've just nipped onto Test to check it out.

It is not the same ledge, but it is the same leg and higher up. I'd have to change my settings to window mode in order to take a screen shot and I don't have the time at the moment.

To be honest, your vantage point is better. The ledge that I used to get to causes quite a bit of fall damage and if you're sniping it's better to have "hold breath." I guess if you aim not to be seen then the drop in health shouldn't be too bad.

But, yeah, your ledge is better.

I think I'd plant a couple of prox mines en-route just to give a bit of warning when someone is out to get me...
  18. ReNz0r

thanks a lot for telling me useful information ^^
    • Up x 1
  19. ReNz0r

So any luck with that loadout?
  20. Demigan

When the game began you could find 3+ people there easily. I always wondered why people stopped using them. I also wonder why almost no one ever climbs the feet with LA to the gun deck or similar "tricks" which should be obvious enough, but that's another matter.