How many characters do you have?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Syndroxis, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Killuminati C

The 3 in my sig and one low BR on Emerald TR. I generally play the faction with the lower population on Connery when I login.
  2. Leftconsin

Four
    Connery TR main
    Connery NC secondary
    Connery VS
    Emerald VS
  3. IPLAYTF2

7 total. all 3 factions on connery. emerald i have 2 vs and 1 tr and 1 vs on cobalt for when emerald and connery are dead late night/early morning
  4. Alarox

4: 1 for each faction and then a secret alt with ludicrous stats.
  5. NinjaTurtle

1 for each faction.

NC is my main,
    VS is my Magrider, Orion and Scythe fix (I love those things)
    TR is only a BR 12 on Miller, I never play it
  6. Eternaloptimist

Six - two of each faction spread between what were the three EU servers. Since the merge I now have two (both the same damned faction) on one EU server and four on the other.

I see someone said they have seven? I thought I read somewhere that you can buy an extra character slot - is this correct? I only ask because I am mildly interested in starting another character from scratch now I have the knowledge of all the mistakes I made on the others while learning the game (but I don't want to sacrifice any of my existing characters).
  7. Syndroxis

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm currently in California so obviously Connery has much better ping than Emerald. Right now I have 1 VS on Connery so I'll probably make a TR or NC on Emerald to experience the higher population and see how it goes.
  8. Xind

2 Characters. Was only 1 Emerald TR until a month ago. Now have 1 Emerald NC.
  9. IcEzEbRa

6 total, one for each faction on Connery and Emerald.
  10. zaspacer

Same here: 6 total, one for each faction on Connery and Emerald.

It's AWESOME! I have access to everything across two Servers. One Server locked = use the other Server. One Server dead = use the other Server. One Server has the Continent I want locked = use the other Server. Only one Server has an Alert going and want to play Alert = use that Server. Gank squad ruining your day = switch to a new Continent or use the other Server.

And I love having all 3 Faction open to me on each Server, so I can choose the exact Sever-Continent-Faction-Unit I want whenever I want it.

I live in San Diego and I play on both Emerald and Connery. I don't have comparable Ping for both.

If you have 3 slots, that sounds like a good plan. Then make whatever Faction you don't have as your 3rd on Connery.

If you have 6 slots (which you can unlock permanently by paying for a 1-moth Membership), then I HIGHLY recommend 1 of each Faction on both Connery and Emerald (and slowly Certing up all your favorite Unit Loadouts on each). As I described above, it really gives you the option to play the game and sidestep tons of the "bad experience" factors that PS2 Devs never designed out of the game.

Silly SOE/Daybreak, always making games that players have to develop elaborate workarounds to enjoy. Continent Lock? Gank Squads? Faction Overpop? Dead time on Server? Just use this workaround to sidestep all those nightmares.
  11. Syndroxis

Thanks for the advice! I've been playing VS on Connery for about a week now and it's been pretty balanced and fun. Sometimes VS dominates sometimes it's NC and sometimes it's TR. I'll probably just play VS until I get bored.
  12. zaspacer

Whoops. I meant to say "I DO have comparable Ping for both". I can play on Emerald or Connery without noticing much difference.

Glad to share what's worked for me. A lot of playing PS2 is figuring out how to get results despite how the game is setup and despite the consistent ways in which the game deviates toward unplayable. But as a general rule, if you're not hitting those walls, then you don't really need the player workarounds. But those workarounds are there if you start hitting walls, and if you do end up using multiple Characters, it helps to start grinding on them earlier (or using SC on things like NS Weapons that can unlock across accounts) so you don't have to start from scratch when you Character hop.
  13. Gretchen

6. 1 of each on Emerald, 1 NC on Connery, 1 NC on Miller, 1 NC on Cobalt.
    I'm an Indarside person (sue me) so I generally play with the char with the Indar continent open at the time (if all locked, then Esamir).
  14. OldMaster80

Only one. The idea to play nc or vs makes me throw out the breakfast.
  15. Evito

6: 4 Emerald, 2 Connery

Glad to see that most people have alts, it's good to change factions and servers every once in a while, keeps the game fresh and interesting.
  16. Hatesphere

3, one for each faction on emerald. BB100 vs, BR 70 tr, and BR 63 nc.