How's Emerald?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RomulusX, Mar 12, 2015.

1. RomulusX

Thinking about coming back to this game! I'm at work right now...logged in for a bit a few weeks ago but my muscle memory is used to xbox one controllers now so I was terribad and rage quit! It was a bit choppy and I think I messed with my graphics settings a bit too much trying to get better FPS but still keep some quality. So how is Emerald doing? Is it totally 1 sided? Fun balanced fights? I'm looking forward to putting a little more time in this weekend!
    • Up x 1
  2. Ralcoss

Heheh. Come on back. It's a good time.

They fixed the invisible enemies bug.
  3. yeHHH1g

4. Jake the Dog

Well if you want to fight people with mashed potatoes for brains then go right ahead.
  5. libbmaster

The NC usually has one or two population percentage points more than the other factions at prime time.

This doesn't effect the outcome of fights, however, because the NC on emerald are Terrible. So, no, no major problems.

Just remember: on emerald, The farm is always real!
  6. Valok

Emerald is pure madness, in a good sense. Huge fights pretty much all day long and we have a lot of competitive groups that will crush your in-game self esteem.

I'd say look no further.
    • Up x 2
  7. KnightCole

Emerald is great if you are TR or VS and love a good farm. As NC? its a ***** night mare cuz every mother lover on the NC side is the very definition of "Incompetent". The only guys who can attack a place 70-30 on pop and lose. Only guys who can have a place 70-30, with 21 seconds left on the cap and come back to lose it in less then 2 minutes.

Emerald NC are absolutely terrible. One can hardly play the game as a competent NC player because you cant do anything. You cant join a zerg and have a good time, the NC zerg is useless. You can follow a squad into a facility and defend it, the NC are useless. Tanking? Useless, flying? garbage.......Emerald NC are a joke......
  8. DashRendar

[IMG]
  9. KnightCole

I have yet to be proven wrong on that lol. I periodically log into PS2 when I get the urge to shoot something and its the same thing every time. NC pretty much losing everywhere. Only times we are winning iswhen its like 1 or 2 guys trying to ghost cap some smaller base, but as soon as its 48v48, the NC promptly lose. And most times, its NC backed into like 6 territories around the WG, while TR and VS conquer all.

I actually knew something was wrong when I had accidently, and idk how, logged into briggs and saw the NC not only winning the alert, but actually really gaining ground and holding most of the 1 cont that was unlocked. That really was my first Q that I probably didnt click Emerald for my server......and sure enough, when I did clikc emerald, the NC were backed up to within 2 bases of their WG on Esamir and not much better on Indar.
  10. NinjaTurtle

I love you to :oops:
  11. Shanther

Xelas Biolab is a **** (insult for trashy female)
  12. The Rogue Wolf

I've seen TR do that too (well, closer to 60/40, but we just dropped all momentum). Which was really weird because I was, like, 12-3 in that battle and I'm hardly a superstar.

On Emerald, the flow of battle generally gets dictated by which of the major outfits takes interest in a particular fight. When you see more than half a dozen players with a particular outfit tag, or more than a couple of their Galaxies in the air, you can generally tell how things are about to go.
    • Up x 1
  13. DashRendar

"Hey, this is a great fight!"
    *four AoD galaxies hover in from above*
    "sigh"
    *redeploy*
  14. Jake the Dog

Lol aod
    • Up x 1
  15. Rhumald

Hey now, you leave my Outfit out of this! :p

But yeah, I agree, it's very, very difficult to organize any sort of tactics from the NC, or convice them to leave a spawn room even when the pop in the area outnumbers the ennemy 2 to 1, and there's nothing to stop them from strolling over to the point... because I've been making sure there isn't while I attempt to push out.

It's infuriating, and rage inducing to the point where it will make you just straight up stop playing for a bit, because while the NC suffers such a terrible blight, the VS have been organized long enough it's intuitive to them; they all just imideately adapt to anything you do, and the TR have finally started catching up with them.

I wouldn't be so bothered if I had global access to command chat, I would make it my goal to shape the whole thing up, the NC player-base needs more than just commands, they need some TLC, encouragement, and some actual instructions on how to assault some of the more difficult bases. It's too bad there's no dedicated faction leader positions.
    • Up x 1
  16. BIllyGG

NC Emerald is the worst I've ever seen and for some reason the TR has caught NC's terribad bug and are getting worse.

the VS with their 99.99% Heavy Assault Orion Users with Capable leadership and Outfits decimate both groups.

but the NC vs TR fights are fun, because they're like the same skill of players, so it's never one sided.
  17. The Rogue Wolf

I'd add TIW, GOKU and DaPP to that list, to the point where even playing alongside them guarantees the end of any actual fun.
  18. Badname707

Obviously plays only one faction
    • Up x 1
  19. IberianHusky

The grass really isn't that much greener on TR, considering the success of the TR is largely tied to who's running AOD at any given moment. NC at least has BAX and TIW to carry it. TR only really has AOD. I mean don't get me wrong, we do have good medium sized outfits, but still none of them can operate at the GOKU/BAX level yet. We're trying, but sill not quite there. Playing alerts as TR is a nightmare of either banging your head against a wall trying to fight VS and all their redeployside ********, or going to farm NC and provoking a zerg. Because of this, much of the TR has simply stopped giving a **** about alerts, and will usually go to a separate continent to start a farm. Don't get me wrong, the TR is great if you like farming, but if you want to win alerts and play competitively, then play VS.

The Emerald TR generally only cares about two things: Farming the NC, and spiting the VS.
  20. dngray

Long time Emerald VS player here. Emerald is a lot of fun as a VS player.