Wave of new players?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Not a bad thing, im glad new players are coming in, but has there been a really sudden wave of new players? If there are i guess it makes sense with the ps4 publicity and all but damn ive seen at least 23 br 1-20 with 0-30 directive score in the past hour, has anyone else noticed this?
  2. JudgeNu

I feel like there are new players but I never pay any attention to their stats on death screen.
    I also feel like some players that stuck around are becoming useful.
    I see more NC redeploying and grabbing some armor and it is relieving.
  3. TheMish

Probably has to do with the new company.

That's my guess.
  4. Nogrim313

probably more to do with the hacking wave. new chars might not be new players just new accounts after they got banned
    • Up x 1
  5. breeje

i see that i kill more low BR now
    only i would call it an small wave of new players
    some off the newbies try out hacks, i only have seen three hackers in the last month
    two of them below BR 10 and one BR 34, they will disappear sooner or later
  6. St NickelStew

I played PS4 beta and built a gaming PC to play PS2. In less than three weeks so for I am BR 32.
    • Up x 4
  7. ColonelChingles

Overall the number of total players hasn't gone up by much. If anything it's down since... late January 2015, which was the most recent high point. That actually surpassed the previous high point in September 2014. Summer numbers were probably higher still.

If anything since February 2015 we've seen a decline in overall players.

Additionally looking at the usage hours for the default infantry weapons, those also peaked around January 2015 and have been in decline ever since. Again, this would suggest that there aren't that many new players running around using default weaponry.

Might there be a wave of new players right this minute that the stats haven't captured yet? Maybe. But does it seem like there's been a trend over the past month or so? Can't find one.

Could be you're just a newb magnet. :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Leftconsin

According the the Oracle of Death the average BR using the basic knives is going down. I don't know a better metric I have access to that implies the average battle rank. And average BR going down implies more new players. Or more people are building alts.
  9. TechMechMeds

I've noticed that these new players come out when the fight is pretty even. They all have really, really good aim and kill in about 2 shots everytime and then disappear once their faction wins.

I also never see them again.
    • Up x 3
  10. HappyStuffin

Welcome aboard!
    • Up x 1
  11. Halo572

More delusion.

There have always been 'new' players and as evidence I can remember questioning some of them that were sub rank 10 and yet could do things that no new player would know.

Funnily enough all it was was a rank 100 starting a new character.

Sources of new players - 1) those trying it because it is free and unlikely to stick around, 2) existing playerbase trying another faction/4th faction, 3) hackers.

But I am not going to ruin your futile hopes that 3 years later a broken title is attracting a tsunami of new players so:

Yes, loads of new players, everywhere and you have to queue to get onto the servers now like on launch day. It is almost as if I haven't logged in since October to see that it is so blatantly obvious that the population is booming.

The server stats here - http://www.therebelscum.net/world-population/?world_id=0&zoom=2 - show that peak there are now 250k players. Don't worry about the figures on the graph, they are wrong and not between 6k-8k, nor that over the period of All that at best the population is static.

With this growth it can't be long before PS2 will be broadcast live at peak time in all countries as an MLG sport.

It is going to be bigger than the World Cup.
  12. CriticalThinker

notice how those new players can shoot like pros but move like noobs (not taking cover, etcetc)? yeah. its just an influx of hackz0rz.
  13. Badname707

Excessive salt
  14. Maljas23

Awesome !
    • Up x 1
  15. qquqq

I will hazard a guess that they hear PS4 beta is out and they cant get access so they are checking it out on pc.
    • Up x 1
  16. Eternaloptimist

I didn't check levels of kills but I was in a couple of major farms on Saturday with my TR characters. The day after I was in a similar situation and noted all my kills were BR 5 to BR 9. But they were Vanu so, what the hell, I just carried on.