Advertise planetside 2 on ps4 for goodness sake....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ownasaurusrex, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Ownasaurusrex

I have been searching the playstation 4 store for any bit of news about planetside 2 coming to ps4. Advertise it! I see tons of preorder ads for other games but no news or any banners about planetside.
    • Up x 3
  2. Udnknome

I'm guessing this is because PS2 will be free to play on PS4. Or possibly, the making of the previous statement is confusing for most console owners because PS4 isn't backwards compatible.

There's nothing to pre-order, you download it and play. Like freerealms.
  3. Giligan96

This subject has really pissed me off! For a game that is COMPLETELY player driven, there hasn't been much info on it all year! When I read other forums and people show their top 10 most anticipated, PS2 never shows up. Why? Because no one knows anything about it!! I waited SO patiently for new news on PS2 at E3 2104. They finally decided to show a new trailer. I thought "this is great!!" So I watched and waited for the big message at the end.........OK....here it comes........waiting for it!!!....................................................PS2 COMING TO THE PS4 LATER THIS YEAR!!.............................sob....................really?....................we knew this last year.................................what a let down!

SOE!! START ADVERTISING OR THIS GAME WILL FAIL ON THE PS4!!
    Console players are different. We are used to small maps with run and gun technique and no team work. This games goes against any competitive rules on console. If you don't tell people and get them excited, nobody is going to stick around to bring the best out of a game like this!
    • Up x 1
  4. Ken Photon

It could be the fact that this game is so different from the standard console FPS that makes SOE want to wait to advertise. People just won't get it. Your usual CoD/BF players will feel alienated, and won't show too much interest in a game that requires teamwork and teamwork and more teamwork. So, SOE will give them a little taste at first, showing off the game's graphical prowess, which is one of the top concerns of our console brethren. Then, they'll release the game and let the good reviews flow in. With that, and the fact that the game is F2P, the players will start coming in to play. At that time, I expect the advertising to increase a little more.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheKhopesh

See, they should do what they did a while back for the PC and charge for a PS4 Planetside 2 disc, which would come with the gold SMG's.
  6. Ownasaurusrex

I have to tell a lot of my friends that planetside 2 exists.
  7. ironeddie

I would think around the games actual release advertising will be heavy. Unless SOE are intentionally trying to not make a success of the game.
  8. Ownasaurusrex

DAYBREAK GAMING COMPANY:
    advertise planetside better. TV Internet you name It
    • Up x 1