Did Eclipse got its extra 5 rounds after hotfix?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mystogan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Mystogan

Hotfix notes says that Eclipse was not longer able to reload to reset heat. However, hotfix notes didn't mention additional 5 rounds like all VS heat directives weapons were supposed to get in exchange for that.

Anyone tested if Eclipse got its extra bullets in magazine? I did not unlock it yet so can't test it myself :(

Thanks!
  2. Jovisfulmina

No, still 24 total.
  3. Mystogan

WTF.... why they can't even properly fix everything in one hotfix....now we have to wait for another hotfix... great...

Thanks for testing.
  4. BlueSkies

5. Jovisfulmina

Tested again in semi-auto and still got 25 rounds (I forgot 1 earlier). Why would it have more rounds in full auto than semi auto ?
  6. Mystogan

Soooo....can anyone first of all confirm what BBunress said in tweet hat it has 32 in full auto?

And secondly- Can anyone from devs please explain why it has different mag size in semi and full auto? It doesn't make sense. Nobody uses semi anyway- but it still doesn't make sense!

I LOLed hard on this :0
  7. Prudentia

for the second part:
    the only difference between switching weapons or switching firemodes is the animation.
    you literally hold a different weapon in your hand when you switch firemodes. thats also why the current Spiker was even possible despite them not getting codesupport for a billion different and bigger problems. so if they just changed around the eclipse full auto mode then the eclipse semiauto mode doesn't need to be changed.
    can anyone test if you can still reload in semi auto? that would really be amusing, fire a full mag, switch mode reload, switch back continue firing :eek:
  8. Thurwell

I just tested the eclipse by firing at the wall on full auto and counting the bullet holes, then by watching the video in very slow motion and watching how many bullets are fired before overheat. In full auto in does indeed have 32 rounds. Firing single shots I got the same 32. You have to be very careful doing that though, if you're not quick you'll fire 2-3 rounds at times and miscount.

I didn't even know it had different firing modes, but in semi-auto mode it does indeed only have 25 rounds. So don't ever use that mode, burst fire in full auto at all times.
  9. Paqu

I only tested the semi-auto yesterday not even thinking it might have different amount of ammo. But 32 rounds sounds very good improvement indeed. :)
  10. Thurwell

Still two issues with heat I guess, they need to change the semi-auto fire mode to match full auto (probably a minor issue, does anyone really use semi-auto?). And they need to change it so the weapons only cool down while equipped. I know that sounds silly, the soldier isn't doing anything to the weapon while it cools down. But it's only fair. And I say that as a primary VS players with 2/3 of the HEAT weapons unlocked.
  11. CapperDeluxe

I disagree, it needs to cool down when not equipped. Its the only thing that makes it less terrible due to the how much better the Solstice VE3 is at killing things in a single clip.
  12. Prudentia

? it now has 32 bullets so it's one of the highest DPM weapons in the VS arsenal... it's only real downside is that it is a solstice...
  13. Mystogan

It is ***** directive weapon. I see that you are from TR or NC. VS finally got nice weapons, finally Eclipse is great DIRECTIVE reward, which you had to earn getting almost 6k kills and not even 2 days Eclipse have new magazine and mechanic and you are here asking for nerfs.

Just let it go man. Because of ppl like you we have only nerfs and nerfs. Eclipse is now perferct VS carbine.

And this is not thread about it. It was about magize size and that was explainded.

Moderator- PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD. Problem is sloved.
    • Up x 1
  14. Iridar51

Agreed. Now I'd actually consider playing for it.
  15. Prudentia

i'm VS... i'm fulltime VS and i'm also fulltime Light Assault and i own the eclipse.... mate you should probably stop for a moment and consider your own behaviour, when you run around screaming faction bias and nerf mongering to a post that complains about the eclipse being weak just because it isn't extreme enough for you...
  16. CapperDeluxe

The Solstice VE3 just seems better at killing people than my Eclipse. I couldn't tell you what it is, but there's something maybe in the bullet velocity or grouping.

But what do I know, I actually have both guns. You don't appear to know first hand so your comments are null and void.
  17. Mystogan

Man, I don't know how do you feel or anything else. Players feel different weapons diferently. That is fine.

But even though I have not Eclipse unlocked, I still have stats to compare, Eclipse has all stats same as Solistice, apart from hip fire which is better for Eclipse (1 and 1 compare to 1,5 and 1,5).

I don't know if Eclipse comes with Forward Grip effect. If not- that is its downside, true, However rest stats are same, velocity, recoils etc.
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

Eclipse comes with a laser sight baked in so that might be it. It's still a good gun but it's range is brought in a bit over the Solstice because it can't equip a forward grip.
  19. Mystogan

Yup, but same is with Fortuna and TRAC-Shot so all directive carbines suffer from this. However with heat you can put more rounds in one target right now, since you do not have to conserv your ammo.

It still is decent mid-range weapon, but yea, it won't be so good at 50+ m as FG Solistice. Which is still not so good. If you fire 50+ you want to bring Pulsar C anyway.