FIX SLI!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by VanuZuma, Mar 5, 2015.

1. VanuZuma

Ill make this brief because there isnt much to be said that hasn't already. The frustration I have cant be described in a simple forum post but it basically comes down to the fact that this game in terms of performance is getting worse.

Specs are in my sig so no need to address that here, but I built my PC for this game. That was over a year ago and my machine handled this game amazingly well. That was running SLI and pre SOE's supposed performance initiative. What a joke that was.

I have spent tons of money on this game and enjoyed hundreds of hours in game. I am the customer Sony wants to keep but they don't care to and just crap on my experience. I know this is a bold claim, and they want people to enjoy their game, but why have things regressed?????

I cant even play the game in SLI anymore, the frame rate jumps radically from 50 to 144 to 50 and so on. Its a choppy mess. What has changed? Why cant SLI work? Is there anything I can modify to utilize it properly?

Im just done with trying to get the game to run the way it used to. Yes I can turn off SLI and play the game, but at 1440p I get about ~50fps. I hate playing like this and before people flame that others are lucky to get the fps good for them and you. Thats not what this is about, its about fixing broken aspects of the game that used to work just fine.

LET ME USE MY HARDWARE SOE!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Octiceps

You're complaining to the wrong entity. SOE doesn't exist anymore.

Oh, you want better performance in SLI? Turn off the HUD.
  3. VanuZuma

Lol
    Your still alive and doing this forum thing Octiceps? I think I have seen you comment on all my posts and others regarding performance and state of the game. I took a really long break from PS2 and trying to come back realizing someone made it a huge mess while I was gone. Sucks.

And yeah turning off the HUD in a game like this isnt the way to go, its rather HUD scentric.
  4. Octiceps

True, but turning it off does provide a massive performance boost, esp. in SLI, even if the game isn't particularly playable that way. Last year SOE mentioned working on a fully customizable HUD a la BF4, but that barely got off the ground like pretty much everything on the roadmap, so I guess we'll never see it.
  5. VanuZuma

Its so insane to me that one of the best games out there from a company like sony doesnt support something like SLI.

I can play Unreal Tournament, Half-Life, Quake, you name it any older game with SLI and no issues. Yet trying to play a current gen game on modern hardware causes massive problems? Something is really wrong with that.
  6. Octiceps

*Daybreak Game Company, not Sony. You've been away for a while. SOE doesn't exist anymore. ;)

How can you expect SLI to scale well in a game as CPU-bound as this one.
  7. Ian_M

Well they really need to fix SLI. The game is supposed to support it.
    Oh and what about the poor frame rates. Still not fixed.
    Lets not forget about the GPU Physx. I wonder when that will be fixed.
    It seems that complaining on this forum about it does little to help.
    There does not seem to be ANY feedback from the developers/owners about it.
    I am annoyed as I got the GT 640 as s dedicated physx card for the game and it worked well.
    It was not expensive but still annoying.
    If the owners of this game are curious why its not making as much money as expected, THEN READS THIS FORUM.
    The game seems to be going backwards in its quality. It seems many paying members have abandoned the membership because they feel abandoned themselves.
    • Up x 1