anyone plays this game with a 270x and i5-3570K?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by testsample, Mar 5, 2015.

1. testsample

I already have the i5-3570K, and my current graphics card is not working anymore and I need to replace it, the thing is, I'm on a tight budget so I can't get a 290X, can the 270X run this game at 60 fps with 1920X1080 and medium-high graphics?
  2. hostilechild

My girlfriends son has my old i5-3570k and 660ti on high it could do 60fps at 1920x1080 in med fights large fights down to 40fps, drop the graphics to some low/med and it was just fine to play in large fights staying around 60. The 270x might be a touch better than the 660ti viewing the stats.
  3. Linedan

Right now I'm running an i5-2550k @ stock 3.40 GHz and a GTX 660 Ti, which I think is comparable to a R9 270X. I have to run medium to medium-low graphics but I can get ~35-60 fps @ 1920x1200 in all but the most insane fights. I expect you will have to back the graphics down a bit if you want to lock it at 60 fps. Experiment a bit, if you have to back anything off try shadows first as shadows tend to be real frame-killers.
  4. Calisai

Have you overclocked the 3570k? There is a distinct difference in FPS when you get it over the 4.0 Ghz range.

I run a 3570k OC'd to 4.2... and a 670 GTX... and I very rarely have FPS issues.... Even while I was recording using OBS on my gaming rig, I was able to sustain 50+ fps. Now that i've offloaded my recording to a secondary machine, i'm enjoying the full FPS my 3570k can deliver.

If you want an example of what i'm playing with, here is a link to one of my latest videos... with the ingame FPS counter running in the lower left. I play with mostly high settings, but have turned down a few of the more cpu intensive settings. I also turned off foliage and other things that I prefer not to bother with.

Looking at GPU comparisons, the 270X is a little less powerful than my 670GTX, but with PS2 being such a CPU driven game, I'm not sure if that would make that big of difference. (The OC'ng of the CPU makes a much bigger difference)