Chat filter too extreme

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by PandaTheGreen, Mar 4, 2015.

1. PandaTheGreen

I'm not sure where to post it so I'm just doing it here.
    Today I wanted to talk with some of my planetside friends about some of the hardware I wanted to buy. When I mentioned ''Sharkoon'' it just got cencored, even with chat profanity off. Why is Planetside acting so much like a paranoid government by even cencoring a normal brand name? This really hinders conversations sometimes, please do something about it.
  2. tigerchips

It probably thinks you are being racist, with the last four letters being iffy.
  3. FeldFlasche

Well, yes, the Chat filter is....
    The german word "weniger" ("less") is censored too.
    Please imagine: You want to write somithing like "weniger als" ("less than") and have to write "nicht so viel wie" ("not as much as") instead. o_O
  4. DekkerDave

I had whisping conversation with my friend and he called me a fa*got (just a friendly insult) but it got translated as "Professional". Had some good laughs :D
  5. Sierra331

The profanity filter and the /ignore features are all smoke and mirrors anyway, DG reserves the right to ban you and will ban you if you are caught and reported using any "naughty words".. seriously **** this Communist company, I am sure as hell not giving them anymore of my money.
  6. Kediec

Their game, their server , their rules. If you don't like the rules, don't play .... simples!
  7. DirArtillerySupport

How hard can it be to not talk!?
  8. Sierra331

My Money, my time, my patronage. I pay for a service I expect to be able to fully utilize that service I paid for. If you try to "ban" me and take away my time, you better refund my money for the services not rendered.
  9. Kediec

Really ............................
    You agree to the ruleset as soon as you hit the " play" button.

If you can't handle being banned for breaking a rule, or even the chance to be banned , then it is as simple as don't play.
    On privately owned games / servers etc, (yes, every game or server is privately owned) there is no such thing as " free speech ".
    Any game operator / website operator has the final say on what is accepted / done in their games / forums .

Don't like it , go elsewhere , it is really as simple as that.

you can kick and scream all you want , at the end of the day, they own it and can remove you from their service.
  10. Sierra331

/sigh

People like you are why corporations are taking over politics and making people eat dirt. You are the downfall of America and Western Civilization you ignorant little muppet.
  11. sIcGER

dude - all of your last posts are about raging and blaming and just RRROOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRRRR

calm down

maybe you should just think about your attitude in general - if you act in real life like you seem to do in games, then you probably have some issues... just sayin
    • Up x 2