Please calm down with "OMG CHEATER!!!"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Thostbog

Don't worry about it. A day isn't complete unless somebody calls me a cheater.

I put them on ignore afterwards to add to the challenge of finding the next one.
    • Up x 1
  2. FingersMcGeddon

I had a similar situation (being called a cheater). We were fighting in a biolab and camping the teleport room. There was a guy poping in and out of the door so I threw a sticky grenade and it stuck to him. 3 seconds later after he ran back into the spawn room and it exploded he sent me a tell calling me a cheater. Honestly, I laughed my butt off while explaining to him the situation. Don't worry about it, it happens sometimes.
  3. Goldmonk

Those are the best. My favorite was when I saw an infi cloak and popped him in the head. He sent me a tell: "Wow, way to go f***ing noob. You can't hit me without aimbot, cheater." (Of course I have better grammar, his statement was missing a few letters and punctuation). I basically have a rule that if I see an infi cloak, I shoot at his last position. The dumb**** stood still and let me shoot him.
    • Up x 2
  4. Hatesphere

I'm always surprised how often that works.
    • Up x 2
  5. Goldmonk

That's why I made the rule in the first place. It's funny how many people ask me how I saw them while they were cloaked. I simply tell them I watched them cloak and that they didn't move.
    • Up x 1
  6. Selenadread

Follow what Prudentia says:

If you are a legitimate player following the rules, just simply reply back to them saying "thank you for the compliment".

Seriously this person has decided to take the time to stop playing the game send a tell and possibly send a report to advise the devs that you are cheating. Not only are you getting the attention of a person who seriously thinks your so good that you are hacking, but you might also get some unknown Dev saying "naw, he just got killed by Him again". Just take the compliment and go with it:D. Think of yourself as the celebrity that will get stuck in that persons mind for the duration of the day and the possibility of either having quit his hobby for the day because your that good; or him being your own cheering squad advises on yell that your a hacker.

I do not see any downside in this. Just try looking as the cup half full, yes hes spamming tells to you that "your badz", "lozor need haxs to winz","i reported you" in reality hes your personal fan that just wants attention from you.
  7. The Red One

ik how you feel i got called a cheater twice because:
    1. the first time was when i pump shotgunned a guy from behind he called me a hacker because he didnt know pumpshotguns can one hit kill
    2. i rammed my harasser into a enemy max who was firing at our vehicles he immedialty started saying stuff like noob and hacker and scrub to me using whisper then when i killed him again he said wow you are using aimbot and rambot
  8. The Red One

i also get people asking me how do i see them cloaked here the most popular reasons
    1. they were moving when i was close to them
    2. i used my flashlight
    3. i didnt accualty see them they were just standing in the middle of the road and i ran over them
    4. i saw them cloak
    5.this one i accualty only saw once but i couldnt think of another scenario they were crounched in between my legs and to me the ground looked weird so i knew they where there
  9. The Red One

yea i saw a video on youtube where a guy got accused of using aimbot and he was like "guys! i got my first aimbot cheater accusation yay, I FEEL LIKE A MAN! wait that means i am accualy hitting stuff now
  10. Meeka

Ya, I get it all the time when rolling in my Lightning... because I'm shooting aircraft out of the sky and hitting Harassers in the mid air... "ZOMG CHEATS!"

But, I have something like 43% accuracy in my Lightning... and if I stopped shooting at air targets, it'd probably be closer to 70%. But, I do hit my air targets 43% of the time! ;) People just usually don't see the shots I miss.
  11. Alzir

Take it as a compliment OP.

It only annoys me when it's a low br player as they may have preconceptions about FTP games, and so I'll usually offer them evidence. Anyone else is fair game to wind up.
  12. DrPapaPenguin

but I like it when I'm called a cheater, it makes me feel way more superior than I really am :(
  13. The Red One

somebody accused me of using rambot hack earlier ( after i ran him over) which i am not sure even exists
    • Up x 1
  14. vanu123

15. Alzir

Looks like he's been banned already. They'll always crop up, but one thing ps2 devs are consistently good at is shutting these people down.
  16. Bloodlet

I too have noticed more cheaters lately and I am making sure I report them. It's not always on lowbie throw away accounts either.
  17. day ofm one

Yes, there are cheaters around.

They are a bit more obvious than random instagibbs, falling through a wall (yes, that happens), or "shooting through walls".

It is usually very obvious:

- flying through walls for minutes all around the map
    - instagibbing with headshots all the time (killboard...)
    - reall shooting through a wall (you WILL notice when bullets come out of a wall...)
  18. LodeTria

Is rambot even a thing? lol
  19. hostilechild

I see the other side of this a lot too. From my point of view every tracer misses then all of a sudden i here plink or nothing and fall over dead thinking wtf. Good ole latency/clientside.

But i know this guys feeling, something has been up lately. Get 5 shotgun X hits to back of a guy <10m and he doesn't die, get 10X hits at <10m with godsaw to back of a guy and he runs off. Assuming its some lagswitch as they were not moving then move rapidly, but clientside hits should still have counted (but like they weren't online for server to tell).
  20. hostilechild

When i get called out, i take it as a complement.

Occasionally i ask people to see what was up. Typically i have <100ping but lately it spikes to 500ms a lot and that creates odd things, it seems others are getting it too.
    Yesterday i sticky a guy run around the corner and then died to his trac5, yet he didn't die to the sticky i put on him and watched him run with it visibly on him. He said it never went off. (so did i die before i tossed it, probably on his) but 99% of time this is a mutual death. Was odd.
    Another one i am running along a wall and stop short to strafe out and get head shotted with 0 LOS, sniper outside saw the future? Well his client did, it predicted i kept running, he shoots me before i ever cleared wall on his side, i die on my side in cover. Same sniper few minutes later see him cloaked as he runs up steps, i start shooting, die to headshot before he ever decloaks and aims. On his side he said he never ran up steps but decloak and fired from bottom.

Its like you think you died running through cover, but a split second before you stopped for some reason, well you probably died while standing still not while running and dodging in cover.

So how much dam latency does it take for that **** to happen 1000ms+ at the least (him+server+me). So i try to avoid bigger fights and crowded continents and the game play is 10x better but still can get the odd "fight"