How much would a custom gaming computer cost?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EpkSceOnTcos, Feb 28, 2015.

1. EpkSceOnTcos

One that can play this game on ultra graphics and still get 60 FPS in large battles?
  2. day ofm one

MY hardware is in my sig.

I don't play on ULTRA but on HIGH with an averange of 60 FPS.
  3. Rikkit

You can calcualte with something around 700€ +-100€(based on the equipment you choose / already own.)
  4. user300115

A few million for a team of scientists, physics engineers and hardware engineers. And a few billion for the factory, the production and distribution. Then a few hundreds for the hardware itself.

My point: The hardware to run ultra in large fights with 60FPS doesn't exist. High would be more reasonable.
    • Up x 1
  5. Octiceps

You would need an LN2-cooled Intel CPU at around 6 GHz or so
    • Up x 1
  6. FlR3

It really depends on what you want and where you buy from. Most of us build our own based on what we want to get out of it as far as speed, graphics, sound, able to stay cool under heavy load.
  7. Rhapsody

Honestly.. it depends on what your willing to spend... or are able to spend. And what you want for a system.

Most gamers build their own computers, or order them from custom coputer shops like Ironside Computers (or any of the other custom computer shops).

What really matters when it comes to framerate is the Monitor, the Graphics card, CPU, how much RAM you have....... AND the speed of the memory channels on the motherboard itself.

A lot of beginner computer builders will make the mistake of paying for top-of-the-line GPU and CPU's.. and evne splurge on the RAM... but then hunt for the cheapest, bare-minimum-to-run-the-gpu, Motherboards. Not realizing that if the motherboard's own memory channels are small/slow, then nomater how much ram you have, or how high-performance of a Video card you have... or how fast the CPU is... you'll have a bottleneck at the motherboards memory channels.
  8. user300115

There are motherboards that limit the frequency the RAM will run with. But the way you described it is just weird. Do you mean the frequency?
  9. Rhapsody

Nope.. lemme do a quick search on newegg and i'll show ya what i mean =)

*quick edit*

Linky

The "Memory Standard" "Maximum Memory" and "Channel Supported".

There use to also be a specification for the Motherboards actual maximum processing speed.. which was usualy either 256, or 512. Not seeing that on these two... it may be something they stopped showing.
  10. Octiceps

Exactly why are you comparing a Z97 and X99 board? Totally different platforms and sockets (LGA 1150 vs. LGA 2011-v3). That means different CPU compatibility as well (Haswell/Broadwell vs. Haswell-E/Broadwell-E). Z97 is dual-channel DDR3 and X99 is quad-channel DDR4. The number of slots and max memory supported reflect that.
  11. Rhapsody

Its meant to be a 'general' comparison... not a literal side-by-side one. All i was doing was showing a section of motherboard stats that a lot of people DONT look at when their new to building their own computers. They tend to only focus on makeing sure they have the correct CPU Socket and nothing else... then wonder why their 800$ video card dosnt seem to be makeing their game run at max settings.
  12. Octiceps

In that case, buying a mobo of the wrong socket and platform/DDR generation than what your CPU supports is a major case of "u dun goofed." It has nothing to do with performance differences between comparable mobos.

The reason an $800 GPU doesn't destroy this game at max settings is because of a bottleneck on single-threaded CPU performance and IPC. That is it.

(Or another way to look at it, lazy coding and an outdated/unoptimized Forgelight Engine. DX9 FTW! Who needs DX12?)
    • Up x 1
  13. user300115

"Memory Standard" contains part of what I told you - the frequency. You also seem to be comparing DDR3 with DDR4 solely via frequency here which is just wrong. DDR3 at the same clockrates as DDR4 will usually outperform the latter because DDR3 generally runs lower timings thus reducing the latency.

The difference in "Channel Supported" results from the fact that you are comparing completely different chipsets and sockets. You can't choose a CPU and then choose between a mainboard with 2 or 4 channels. That is because a certain CPU will only run on a certain socket. If you choose an i5 4690k you will get 2 channels no matter what board you choose.

"Maximum Memory" is completely irrelevant to the gaming discussion as you will get a minimum of 16GB regardless of the board you choose.

You are completely confusing things here. What you probably mean is the memory interface for memory on graphics cards.

See here
  14. Aldaris

It's been awhile since I tried every setting being on to measure performance, as I turn off or as far down blur, shadows, vegetation and particlesfor aesthetic and because I have a high frequency monitor so I want those frames, but all other settings are Ultra if they can be and at 1440p I never go below 70-80 ifn the largest fights.
  15. Octiceps

So you're validating his point. Because turning down all the most demanding settings and leaving all the non-demanding ones at Ultra naturally gets you more frames.
    • Up x 1
  16. Nikushimi

Odd my three year old rig has absolutely no issue maintaining 60FPS during large fights.
  17. Octiceps

At full Ultra never dropping below 60 FPS in 96+ vs. 96+?

Specs?
    • Up x 1
  18. Nikushimi

CPU: I7-3820K (LGA-2011)
    Memory: Quadchannel DDR3 1866 64gb
    GPU: x3 GTX 680
    Storage: 4x WD blacks RAID 0 config.

The computer was built to function as a VM workstation. hence the excessive amount of RAM.
  19. user300115

Map screenshot with the 96+ fight, screenshot of your settings and the FPS-benchmark file recorded by fraps?
    • Up x 1
  20. Lord_Mogul

Correct!
    Pics or it didn't happen!

B2T:

What a "custom gaming computer" is depends on perception.
    If this means you can play recent games, around 600€ (670$/440£)
    If it means the games run mostly smooth on high, settings 800€ (915$/ 615£)
    If you understand to play every games on highest settings, it starts around 1500€ (1680$ / 1080£) including watercooling and high overclocking.
    But even than you may get problems with multi gpu configurations and instable clocking