VS zoe... still a walking coffin.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GothicNightmares, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Atis

Its a walking coffin but walk is so smooooth and your skillsuit got p*i*m*p*e*d up at same time. ZOE is like direct upgrade to giraffe camo.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hegeteus

It could be fun if ZOE would arm user with giant force blades and possibly give slightly more resistance instead
  3. Ronin Oni

Shield is conceptually a good idea though, just has some bug flaws (one of which was fixed... not letting sticky and AV nades stick to it)

ZOE is fundamentally a bad concept.
  4. Ronin Oni

^And this, which just makes it even more hilarious
  5. Maelthra

ZOE needs to be completely scrapped and replaced with something else. At this point, I don't think the current design idea for ZOE will ever be implemented in a way that I would actually seriously consider using it.
  6. Rentago

I think the Aegis should get what the ZOE currently has, which is the ability to shoot while the shield is active, but simply make the effective range real short. The excuse can be "magnets need power" for all I care, but the idea of ZOE being CQB is dumb we ain't got shotguns to benefit with this.

Yeah many reasonable people know that ZOE was garbage since it was first mentioned, it just seemed like a lazy and broken idea that could never be balanced properly.

People scream and whine over jumpjets on a MAX, but even I know that would be much easier to balance than what they are attempting to make happen.

With Higby gone I don't see how they can't once again bring the JJ into actual public testing to see what would REALLY happen instead of these extreme conspiracy theories people think up.
  7. FnkyTwn

Wait, you're trying to tell me that a high heeled, glowing, sparkling Max isn't enough for you?

You might die with ZOE, but at least you'll look fabulous doing it.
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

FTFY
  9. MahouFairy

What do you think? Isn't a Decimator magnet something silly ability to have? And do you really think you can provide buchamuch in return?
  10. Liewec123

i like the idea of ZoE turning you into some sort of zealous berserker,
    i just don't see why they're having such a hard time delivering on that.

and yeah, shield is a good idea but it is utterly useless at the moment, even if we ignore the huge bugs,
    until it reliably blocks ALL damage from the front it is worthless.
    (for a short period of time it actually did, and was great!)
    • Up x 1
  11. Ronin Oni

Maybe ZOE should actually drain HP from the MAX as a cost instead of armor weakness.

The problem with the Armor weakness is that it's effect is multiplicative with multiple enemies, whereas the damage boost is flat and constant (and then laughably actually causes even less damage at range).

I dunno, I wish I could trial it... but I'm not dropping 1700 bloody certs into something just to toy around with it. I'm not BR120 yet :p
    • Up x 1
  12. Liewec123

i unfortunately maxed out ZoE when it was decent :p
    i actually still had it in my ability slot for the slight boost to AV damage when running dual comets,
    but i won't be using the current version that only offers a slight damage boost when you're in "C4MePlz" range and nerfs your damage to lower than normal for everything else.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ronin Oni

Yeah, NO idea where they got the idea that "Hey, nobody really uses ZOE much, what should we do?"

"I KNOW! LETS MAKE IT DO EVEN LESS DAMAGE OVER RANGE!!!!"

:eek:

What in the world? o_O
    • Up x 1
  14. Liewec123

because a skill that:
    makes you glow
    makes you deal less damage
    makes you receive more damage

is AWESOME :D
    • Up x 1
  15. hostilechild

What have you been smoking?

Slugs work ok past 20m out to 40m not great and you won't kill a max if you equip them.Like a blind man throwing darts

NC max buckshot won't OHK you as infantry (its technically a 2shot kill, 1each arm) but most of time even <20m its 2x2 shots and with hit reg and spread typically 3x3 add in latency overkill and you waste even more per arm with very limit ammo pool.
    Typically even close range <15m i kill 3 infantry tops. While those same 3 infantry can **** up the max just as much(when they don't run). Meanwhile i have watched a ZOE max level a room with 6+ in it and still not reload. but max v max closeup you gonna get owned, you can't win at everything.

Zoe at 20m > NC max at 20m if >20m zoe will always win. So STOP hugging NC maxes.

So l2p and keep your distance. AS NC max we have to learn to close that distance (shield or charge) both usually mean death if used to close, since no escape.

I do think it was silly to remove all of the ranged damage but you can blame the vehicle whiners for that. They nerfed ravens so pretty much had to do same to other damages at range. Pretty much no reason for ZOE vs vehicles. NC shield still has a use (praying it works)
  16. Ronin Oni

But in spitting distance it saves 1 bullet to kill!

Or, when you fire 2 bullets at a time... NO CHANGE IN TTK! :EEK:
    • Up x 1
  17. Foxirus

Even the changed ZOE still sucks. The VERY minor damage buff you get is not even remotely worth having to get within 30m of a vehicle to make use of it. The fact you take a damage reduction if you are shooting from further back means this version of the ZOE was meant to be a suicide plan.

A general rule of thumb is that any Max within 50m of a tank without cover is a dead Max. Being within 30m is a REQUIREMENT to benefit from the ZOE, and you are punished for using it at distances beyond that.

The tank will ALWAYS out damage the max. ALWAYS. The only exception is when the pilot of said tank doesn't have good aim.

I honestly feel the ZOE we had before this new one was better, It didn't punish the Max user for not being ignorant and taking extreme risks.