[Question] The game is available?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FeerLP, Feb 24, 2015.

1. FeerLP

Hey people, two days ago I Installed this game (in steam) and since yesterday I cant start the game. When I open the launcher, and when I click on Play, the game tell me that I have to wait, that the game will be start, but it not happens, and the launcher dissapear. I read that the server was in maintenance, but I tried one thing, please pay attention.
    In Taringa, I read that you have to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2 and the man said that we have to rename the file "PlanetSide2" to other name, and rename PlanetSide2_x86 to Planetside2, and launch the game from Launchpad. I Tried it and the game started, but then, when I open the launcher from steam, the game start to download some patchs and files. So then I cant open the game again, I need help because a few months ago I was playing without problems, The only thing which I want is to play PSide2 in steam like all of you. Thanks for read it.
  2. Evito

How old was that taringa post you read? I believe you only needed rename the files to use the 64-bit client back before they made it available. Maybe your launcher is having issues because it is trying to launch a 64 client on a 32 machine or something?
  3. FateJH

The servers were down and when they are down you shouldn't expect any sort of behavior from the Launchpad. I started my LaunchPad just now and it's working, so give it a try.

Now, where you went wrong: when the Launchpad starts, it runs a checksum of a number of files and, if it notices anything out of the ordinary, it automatically re-downloads those files. The two Planetside execution files are such examples. What you need to do is start the Launchpad (through Stream, I guess ...) and then go in and change those file names around. After you've done that, then click "Play" on the Launchpad. You should only do this, remind you, if you really want to use the 32-bit client but your computer defaults to the 64-bit client due to the operating system. You also need to do this - swap file names - each time you want to play Planetside 2 because starting the Launchpad will reset the files.
  4. FeerLP

I think that the post was created a months ago.. And I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.

I have windows 7 ultimate of 64 bits, the same at the last time when I played planetside2, I cant find the problem because I can not enter in the game. If a change the files always when I run the launcher, it will always re-download again ?, So I will have to wait some hours, I dont understand how can I make the game starts :(
  5. FateJH

Well, if all you want to do is start the game, then it's just a matter of starting the Launchpad and pressing Play when the servers are up. There shouldn't be any other razzle dazzle involved. If the game still doesn't start, and also does not throw any errors codes (a browser window will open), then the best thing to do is submit a support ticket.
    There may also be an obvious answer but we would need more information about your computer set up. The support ticket might ask that of you too.
  6. FeerLP

But the servers are up, 5 minutes ago, I rename the files that you said with de launchpad open (in steam) and the game started and I played. Now when I start again the launchpad, It redownload again.. And I cant stay just like that always when I want to play

I have ultimate windows 7 64 bits, I5 2,70ghz 4 RAM, Ati R9 270x The computer is not the problem, one year ago I played very well, with the same computer and the same windows. Thanks for the attention man, but I cant do anything with the launcher :(
  7. FeerLP

I could see that the problem is that my steam game cant open pside2 64 bits.. with error 0x0000007b, or something like that.
    Anyway, My steam game, for natural, want to start planetside_x64, but I dont know why it cant.. So I have to use pside2 of 32 bits, being my windows 64 bits, I cant understand.