The whole "Gameplay Bugs" section got deleted???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pootisman, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Pootisman

I come back from my PS2 break (the game was just unplayable for me after the maintenance on 30th January, i had 1000+ ms ping for over a week) and the first thing i notice is, that the bug section on forums is gone. Im really disappointed that Daybreak deleted all posts, instead of putting them into an archive. I made hundreds of posts in the bug section and about a dozen threads, documenting bugs with screenshots and videos and now everything is gone :(

What im really upset about is: I took a look at the issue tracker and for many unresolved bugs, i made documentation here on the forums in the form of descriptions, screenshots and even videos (i made 29 videos to show bugs in the last year!). All this, perhaps useful documentation, is now gone!

Of course i could put all my documentation on the issue tracker, but that would require a significant amount of work. For example, i would have to search for all the screenshots on my hardrive and reupload them again, because all the image links to the image hosters got deleted with the bug section.

All the time i spent reporting bugs, making videos and screenshots, is pretty much wasted :mad:
  2. FnkyTwn

Ummm, where have you been? They fixed alllll the bugs, so there's no more need for an easy to search forum that certain monied interests might accidentally glance at.

Dey Fix Games
  3. Pootisman

From what i have seen so far, the issue tracker is better for reporting bugs. The problem is, that they just deleted all bug reports on forums. For me, this sounds like: "Hey, we have this great bug report tool that we never mentioned. Let us delete all your reports on forums, we dont read them anyway."
  4. CEGrif

the issue tracker is community made
  5. RadarX

We did not delete the bug reports, they are simply hidden. We've made no secret we've been working very closely with the community on the Issue Tracker and if you really want to report a bug? Feel free to do so in this section of the forums.
    • Up x 2
  6. Ballto21

Thanks based Radar!
  7. Rockit

It's nice to see the area between the red and green lines shrinking for a change!
  8. Pootisman

Hidden isnt much better than deleted because we cant access it. Can you please move the hidden bug section into a visible archive section with read-only access? Like the "archived features"-section on the roadmap.
  9. Yuki10

Oh, I thought were were supposed to tweet them.... there goes 2 years of reports
    • Up x 2
  10. JudgeNu

Why do you want to read the bug section?
  11. Ronin Oni

They can read it... why needs you?
  12. Ribero

Just a quick one; Did Off-Topic get deleted too, or am I just not seeing it?

Also, anyone know when we can expect the wishlist subforum to become populated with wishes?
  13. Rhumald

So that he can go over all his reports, and make certain they've been addressed in the issue tracker, of course.

As the Issue tracker has been made the official method of operation, it's OK that we report bugs through that instead, right?
    I love how much more professional submitting a report there feels, and how easy it is to both find anything, and browse only the types of issues that interest you at that moment.
    • Up x 1
  14. RadarX

Off Topic has been closed yes as part of our general forum restructuring. It was used by a few folks but generally dormant most of the time. Wishlist items will be added in the near future as the team completes other tasks. Right now they've got a pretty good list of in development items.
  15. Klypto

I definitely like the issue tracker a lot more than the forums. The forums were a mess.

Hopefully with full focus on the issue tracker, many of the bugs that have completely destroyed my experience in Planetside 2 will be fixed to at least a level that will allow me to enjoy the game once again without my character glowing like the sun, falling to it's death, etc.

Oh, and uh, Pootisman.

Use this:

https://www.google.com/search?espv=2&biw=1920&bih=955&q=Pootisman Planetside 2 bug report site:forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?&oq=Pootisman Planetside 2 bug report site:forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?&gs_l=serp.3...9069.9069.0.9612.1.1.0.0.0.0.63.63.1.1.0.msedr...0...1c.1.62.serp..1.0.0.1O0wQcdC5EE

Click on this:

[IMG]

Click this:

[IMG]

Then you have this:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:RxMZs6UwsVkJ:forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/invisible-terminals.206933/ &cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  16. Pootisman

Which one? The Reddit-community? I cant remember seeing any announcement or noticiation about the issue tracker on official forums.

Good advice, thank you, but the Google cache cant really replace read access to the bug section. In the cached threads you can only view 1 page and i often get a 404 error when i try to open the cached version, for example:

[IMG]

Can Daybreak please set the old "Gameplay Bugs" section to visible, but read-only mode? Call it "Archived Bugs" or something like that.