DeSync FIXED!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by lindatropa, Feb 20, 2015.

1. lindatropa

Nearly i had a problem with game synchronisation... enemy teleporting... tanks flying... and all the same things....

BUT! I found how to fix that! This is our computer desynchronisation! Not a GAME!!! A computer (PC)!!!!

First i just found out that game is EXTREMELY sensitive... so i read some Microsoft Corporation forums... threats and found some thing called Query Performance Count (QPC) and Get Tick Count (GTC). As i understood it is some thing like Time run in BIOS (QPC...) and Real time (GTC)... i think so...
    So i download a WinTimeTester and check out... my QPC and GTC Ratio was 1.1 and 1.2... what means complete desynchronisation.... it must be 1.000 so i continue read forums

Yesterday i found a information that some thing like that happens MOSTLY with AMD PCs, and during Overclocking... so after i start to look at my PC MSI Afterburner and AMD Catalysis Control.

There, in AMD Catalysis Control i found a CPU Power settings which was set on Maximum, 3,7Mhz+ and i start some testings...

I switch power from 3,7 MHZ+ to minimum - 1,7MHZ and my desynchrnisation was gone!
    Sure game FPS droped for some 10... but game become playable!!!

SO! Planetside 2 can't run good with AMD Overclocked PC!
  2. Irathi

I got no desync, OC'd my FX-8320 to 4,73Ghz with 1.45volts

I think this affects some AMD cpu's, not all.

Good find though :)
    • Up x 1
  3. lindatropa

4. NoVemBer1978

Don't found the CPU Power settings on the AMD catalyst
  5. lindatropa

6. NoVemBer1978

Don't have the POWER option on my list ...
    [IMG]
  7. NoVemBer1978

I could only gone to 10 to 1500 MHZ
  8. NoVemBer1978

Desync not fixed that's continue to lag.
  9. Mohof

Same, I have my 8320 oced to 4.5ghz / 1.4v and no desync caused by the processor. I will say my previous AMD (Phenom II X6 1045T) was much more o/c friendly but didnt push out near the frame rates that the o/ced 8320 does. The 8320 is just picky about voltage.

I did have a slight frame stutter but it was all related to upping the voltage on my o/c. Runs beautifully now. Bottom line is that if you have issues with your O/C, it's most likely the way you overclocked it or the settings you chose to run. Try not to overclock with software, bios is the safest way as you know the settings are in there as you put them.

I do have a horrible ping when netflix is being streamed at my house but it's due to some weird form of ISP throttling. (still claim they dont but it's obvious) Netflix is off = sub 100 ping , netflix turns on 7,000+ ping yet I can perform a speed test at the same time my ping is 7,000 and i've got ~ 20/d 5/u . Tracert shows all good to ps2 server, but i'm assuming it's the return packets that are being throttled which I wouldn't be able to determine without a tracert from the emerald server. A good VPN fixes this issue however. Those of you who seem to lag but at random times with multiple people in your household should check when you start lagging if netflix is streaming (at&t uverse here)
  10. lindatropa

turn off all kind of OverDrives.
    and download WinTimerTester! (QPC/GTC Ratio must be 0.999-1.001 during 100 GTC)
    with that you will find faster what you need to turn off or turn on!
  11. BurnzzDK

I had desync issues too. Lasted about 8 - 9 days, where the game was unplayable like lindatropa described. I logged in regularly, and the game works fine now and i have done no hardware tinkering of any kind

I have a intel i7 quadcore processor, which is overclocked slightly. (cant remember the numbers) But i have run with the same settings for 2 years+ and never had desync issues before the start of february this year. I thought it was a connection related, but i will check my pc with WinTimeTester later. At least just to check my ratio.

thx for sharing the info.:)
  12. lindatropa

Yeah thank you! that would be great if you check your QPC/GTC Ratio and tell me!

And what about DeSync. Intel cores seems more stable during overclocking! Or probably you got some thing like stabilizator.
    My AMD processors, CPU or Graphic card... start DeSync once it goes overclock and no matter how much.
  13. BurnzzDK

Just ran the WinTimer Tester.... 0.9999 on 100 GTC's. Wish i had known about this timer tester when i had the DeSync issus to see what the test would have shown then.

Anyway, i have a Intel Core i7 960 processor @ 3.33 MhZ. From stock it runs @ 3.2 MhZ so big OC here, as i stated earlier.
    MB: Gigabyte X58-OC
    GFX: Nvidia GTX 680

Runs Planetside2 @ 50 - 60 fps
  14. lindatropa

perhaps you can give any suggestions to stabilize my overclock? may be it is because i don't set a voltage value?
  15. vlaamseleeuw

only change the multiplier not the speed itself.
    this can only be done if you have an unlocked cpu. ( K version)
  16. Lord_Mogul

ADn try to read some overclocking tuturials.
    Even if you're experienced, there can be always some new information.

And yes, for recent Systems (Intel Core-i, AMD Phenom, FX, etc.) dom't tinker around with the base clock. This just will cause issues with newwork adapters, hard drives, etc.

Always do some stability testing. Some people prefer runnd a 15 h custom loop of prime95, some use LinX or Intel Burn Test.
    Demanding games are a good indicator for unstable overclock too (like Crysis 3 for example)
  17. sjtw_w_stot

Good find.
    A similar solution is available for anyone encountering a "boxed or boxy" type of pixilation issue (especially while looking at water on hossin). OC forums state it may be the overclock on your card. Solution is to underclock your graphics card. Reduce the mhz by 10 until resolved.
    • Up x 1
  18. lindatropa

ok.... i found solution one and for all!

To use all cores on max attitude, need to turn off all power saving adjustments!
    To synchronise my PC i log in bios and turn off "Core C6 state"... no it goes perfectly!
    Only goes hot like in hell :D
  19. vlaamseleeuw

20. Relugar

Where do you get Wintimertester?