You're ruining the air game!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Meeka

I had someone say this to me today, because I was running a heavy with AA lock ons and a MAX with bursters.

I was on Emerald, at a Biolab and the TR had dozens of aircraft... and me and two others were destroying them one after another and this random, person of out of the blue says, "It's people like you who are ruining the air game!"

My response was essentially this, "What air game? There is no air game, this is a combined arms game. The game you want us to play, according to your rules, does not exist. I am a Planetside 2 player and that is how I play."

Meanwhile, this "air game" they were complaining of being ruined, consisted 99% of Mossies raining down rocket pods and Liberator Duster shots on a Biolab landing pad and surrounding area... for about two hours straight... with almost zero opposition in the air.

It's funny, because every time I hear someone complain that the air game is being ruined... when you look at their profile; their kills consist mainly of A2G infantry farming.

So, I ask, "What is this magical air game they always speak of being ruined? It simply does not exist."

Really, if you don't want rockets up your tail pipe... run flares, that's your escape route. Afraid to drop super-powered auto repair/fire suppression combo or your scout radar to do it? Well, that's your choice, live or die by it, so called sky knight.
    • Up x 29
  2. AlterEgo

Preach my brother, preach!
    • Up x 2
  3. Maelthra

Haven't you heard? Any ground unit peasant that fires on aircraft is ruining the air game.
    • Up x 2
  4. sustainedfire

You're ruining the air game.

Its a fragile game. Sometimes its very profitable to fly a A2G ESF to pepper enemy Sunderers or Sniper nests, because the groundies often seem to lack understanding that 1 troop with a G2A lock on can get rid of a pesky ESF.

Its frustrating when you wont let us farm.

Also, some air players try to run only air to air fighting, chasing other aircraft and dueling or harassing galaxys or liberators. They do not pick on you groundies, so they want you to do the same in return.
  5. Pat22

If the ESF hovers there long enough to be locked on by three missiles, sure. Otherwise escaping lock-ons and Flak is a joke.

Right back at you.

Then they shouldn't fly over enemy airspace without ground assistance.
    • Up x 5
  6. Juunro

Screw em; I have a Skyguard with max stealth and ammo pool that I love sitting 2 hexes behind enemy lines near a big battle. Every time a wounded air chav falls back, I light his *** up and kill him, then move to a new position. Is it effective cert farming? No. Is it immensely entertaining and does it generate rage tells? Oh yes.
    • Up x 12
  7. Hatesphere

I get some of the most entertaining hate tells when I am in my skygaurd. <3
  8. Xienxiuqhuah

Thinking of every time I spawned at a Sundy and was immediately killed by a Mossie or a Scythe, I say good. Your tears are delicious, Skyknight.
    • Up x 3
  9. Crowne

:D
    • Up x 3
  10. Xind

Will purchase Skyguard in honor of this Thread.

Best load out?
  11. 70g50

Haha had something similar at around christmas time. This one guy was farming a biolab pad with his mossy. I shot him down with my bursters. Got a tell that I´m a ******* camper. Wtf?
  12. Hatesphere

if you want to be a good troll i suggest max stealth (ammo pool optional). do what this guy does and it will generate such hot headed hate tells that you can use them keep your lightning warm even on the coldest esmire day. just be carefull behind enemy lines, sometimes one of them gets smart and will try to C4 LA you from their ESF, or heaven forbid pull a tank.

• Up x 6
  13. dstock

Thanks, we had fun, also.
    • Up x 1
  14. KirthGersen

I always pull a Skyguard if I see air zerg. Today it ended with 3 angry Libs huting me:D
    And the only reason I'm pulling it is TO RUIN AIR GAME. Enemies. Must. Suffer. That's all.
    • Up x 1
  15. HadesR

I'm not sure some people know what a camper is ..

I had a friendly /Tell today from a TR player telling me how someone was raging in Prox about me " camping " after I killed his Sundy ..

Obviously playing a HA > Running 100m from spawn room to his sundy > placing C4 and throwing AV nades ... is " Camping " o_O
  16. Pat22

Is camping even relevant anymore? Isn't that just what kids yell at people when they actually apply tactics and take cover rather than sprint around in circles till they get shot at?
    • Up x 5
  17. KirthGersen

But... Sundies are made to be killed with MBT:p
    I'm sure that I have destroyed at least 2K S-AMS. Maybe even 3K.
    The bad thing is there's no such acheivment or directive.
  18. Tommyp2006

I just tell those people that they're ruining the ground game.
    • Up x 1
  19. KirthGersen

Camping as I understand it is shooting from safe place with small to no chances for enemy to detect and/or hit you.
    As example, I prefer to camp spawnroom areas with L100 HE.
  20. TerminalT6

As a part time participant in the "air game", I can tell you that you don't owe Nanites to any pilot. Apparently, some of them have forgotten that evasion of lock-ons and flak are a part of the "air game".
    • Up x 1