Graphic Card

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by abdulrehmanasif, Feb 21, 2015.

1. abdulrehmanasif

please can anyone thell me which is best Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270X 2GB or Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 Superclocked for play planet side 2 above 35 FPS please answer me
  2. PS_enjoy

The 270x has slighty better preformance, though Odds are, its your CPU is the main cuase of Low frames. Should try turning down Shadows to Low to see if it helps.

I run 4790k and SLI'in 970s, and I still struggle sometimes to maintain good constant FPS.
    • Up x 1
  3. abdulrehmanasif

i have core 2 duo
    • Up x 1
  4. abdulrehmanasif

how to attach a file i have to attach dxdiag
  5. abdulrehmanasif

i have Graphic card Intel GMA 4500 i cant run this game but i run call of duty 4 at 30-25 FPS
  6. braytz

the 270x is better, but you need to change your old cpu/ram/motherboard if you wanth to play this game.
  7. Syphers

I used the 270x with my phenom x4 975 (playable med-high settings) and now 4790k, its a good decent card. if you upgrade your cpu to a good I5 you should enjoy the game at ultra settings and medium setting shadows at 50-75fps with dips to the 35-40 fps in the biggest 96/96 fights.

But if I were you I would save a lil more and buy a r9 290 on ebay for like 75$ more over the 270x, the 290 will give you a solid 15-25 fps over the 270x and you can always overclock it later to the level of a 290x for half of the price.
  8. starlinvf

Long story short... you need a new computer.
    • Up x 2
  9. Hatesphere

i can get above 35 fps using my GTX 570 no problem. what you need is a CPU upgrade. which means all new core components usually. like mother board and ram.
  10. Halo572

Don't bother upgrading unless you really have to if all you are going to do is run this title.

Go to Can You Run It- http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri - and have a look through the games. Test your system and see what you can play.

There will be loads of excellent titles that you can run between now and 10 years old and that will give you more games than you can hope to ever play with gameplay and objectives that will be coming out of your ears.

Spending money to get to the insane system requirements this title needs is a waste of money, a 2002 TDM in a 2013 graphics skin.
  11. Crashsplash

Remember this game, because it's large scale, requires a good processor. Comparisons to COD or BF don't work well.
  12. entrailsgalore

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING: Now this isn't always the case, but a good rule of thumb is single player games will mostly be GPU bottle necked, while multilayer games will generally be CPU bottle necked.

The reason being, the GPU is primarily responsible for drawing the picture (rendering), which usually involves textures, colors, bit mapping, sometimes shadows, anti aliasing, texture filtering, etc.

The CPU on the other hand is usually responsible for handling physics, advanced calculations, such as how many players are on a map, how many bullets should be rendered in a frame, it also calculates the math behind bullets, and things of that sort.

In a single player game, everything can be calculated client side, which means the CPU doesn't have to work as hard, and results in the CPU finishing it's job before the GPU is done drawing an image. This translates to the CPU staring at his wrist watch, waiting for the GPU to be finished putting on her makeup in the bathroom. AKA GPU bottleneck. Upgrading your GPU would increase your performance in this case.

In a multi player game, and especially in an MMO like Planetside 2, a lot of calculations are done server side. This means that the CPU is working over time trying to calculate every players position. It tells the server your position, the server waits to see an opponents position, it then tells the opponents client your position, then tells your client their position. This happens anytime both of you move around. Multiply that by 300 in a bio lab. On top of that, it has to calculate physics for 300 players, bullets, explosions, maybe particle effects, and even the sound for most of those explosions and bullets. Instead of the same scenario as above, the GPU is now the one looking at it's wrist watch waiting for the CPU to be done putting on it's makeup. AKA CPU bottleneck. Upgrading your CPU would increase your performance in this case.

Keep in mind, this is a generalization of the difference between CPU and GPU bottleneck in relation to PC gaming. Every game engine is different, and every hardware configuration will act differently to each game engine. The general idea is the same however, multiplayer games will usually be CPU bound, therefore upgrading to a faster (or rather better) CPU will increase your performance a lot more than buying a new GPU.

Another thing to keep in mind, most MMO's won't run textures as high as some single player games (Compare ESO to The Witcher 3, or Planetside 2 to Crysis 3 for example) due to the engine being design to support a massive amount of players connected to the same map at once.

TLDR: For Planetside 2, the GTX 570 will probably run the game fine at High settings. Moving to an r9 270x won't really increase your overall performance (or framerate) that much, but going from a Core 2 Duo to an i5, or even an FX-8350 (for that matter) WILL increase your overall performance. Now, what going from a GTX 570 to an r9 270x WILL do, is probably let you run higher res texture with very little performance drop. So you will be able to make the game look prettier without losing frame rate, but if you want to increase your frame rate, you will want to upgrade your CPU first, which will also require upgrading your mobo.
    • Up x 1
  13. abdulrehmanasif

thanks now i will buy R9 270X and i cant change my com bec my father would not buy is for me i cant buy both things at the same time i live in saudia arabia so it will cost me 780 SR for Graphic card and 2800 or 3000SR for a new gaming computer simple thing he will dont buy it for me i can change my processor i have also have QUAD CORE AND INTEL Pentium 4 with 3.1 GHZ
  14. Ragnarox

hahahahaha core 2 duo this made my day. Bro you need i5 to play this game you dont even need good graphic card.
  15. Crayv

Sounds like your CPU is mainly what is hold you back. I am also gonna take a guess and say you motherboard doesn't support newer CPUs.

Like a few people on here have said. It is time you start saving up to buy a new compy. Not exaclty cheap up front but in the long run a decent gaming PC will last you a few years and is one of the cheaper hobbies in the long run.
  16. abdulrehmanasif

but when i installed window 8 in my computer and i run the game i can play the game on window 8 but in 2-3 FPS
  17. Lord_Mogul

I dont know how much it is in your currency, but I've seen SandyBridge I5 + board for around 160-200€ on ebay, this might be an alternative to buying a completely new system.

For that other CPUs you mentioned:
    The "AMD Quad Core" might be an Athlon/Phenom II, which might be highly overclocked able to satisfy you, but they won't fit in your Core 2 motherboard.
    Otherwise it could be a FX-4xxx, those are outdated by performance for some time now. Don't bother with these if you intend to game today. (And they don't fit in your board, too)

The 3.1 Ghz Pentium 4 is clearly crap. The weren't even that good when they get released. Your Core 2 may be 3 time faster, if not even more.
  18. abdulrehmanasif

new idea which card is good nvidia gtx 760x 4gb or GTX 760 2GB or Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270X 2GB is good for playing above 35 or 40 FPS
  19. abdulrehmanasif

which is best MSI GEFORCE GTX 680 or Sapphire Radeon Dual-X R9 270X 2GB
  20. sixoo

well gtx 680.

just saying, if you are on the socket 775 and you can find a core 2 quad or extreme for not much money, is probably worth it.