[Suggestion] Station Cash Under Powered. Buff Please.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shadownium, Feb 19, 2015.

1. FnkyTwn

You should base your prices on popularity. So Medics should be free. And Maxes can be played with resources, but HA and Infiltrators should be like $15 a month.

And Infiltrators are kind of useless for the group effort, so they should actually be around $20 a month.
  2. Ronin Oni

11/10 unintentional troll post?

#ConfusedBoner
    • Up x 1
  3. Ronin Oni

More actually.... though so far it's made less profit...

but that's because the developmont budget was SO DAMN HUGE
  4. DxAdder

Do you really thing that many people buy gold plated guns at $20.00 each?

The cosmetics in this game are so overpriced and will never be able to generate a revenue stream that will be able to pay for the
    content that creates player retention.

The only reason PS2 survived this long is that SOE was allowing the game to operate at a loss.

Games thrive because of paid expansions or DLC's which provide exclusive content while still giving the main game
    some quality of life perks/bug fixes.
  5. Scorponok

so you mean they should aim for earning less money? TV advertisment isnt free...and lowering the low prices that are already means they will not earn a thing.And ive seen alot run around with black and gold weapon's if you really like the game i dont see the problem.Dont like it..dont buy it, its very simple rule to go by :D
  6. Pfundi

Youre absolutely right. The point is people are used to lower prices, so I think they are going to do more ads and more offers (even if the full prices dont change)
  7. AirSuicide

That would kill an already dying game. And would be a horrible Business decision on Daybreaks part.

People do not spend money because, everything is common core, or virtually the same with very little difference in function (Weapon wise). There is nothing worth buying. If they put reskins on the market for all the common core Vehicles and sell those (Factions skins meaning your Galaxy now looks like a sleek alien transport instead of a C5-A., etc), they would make a killing.

The laziness of the Devs/Producers is what is killing this game, not the cash shop prices (Which are already too high for most people except whales like you apparently), If you add quality content to the game, worth buying, people will buy it. Hell, I would drop 100$ just so all my vehicals would have Faction skins, rather then the common core ********, I'm sure 1000's of other people would also.

So the problem, is not a matter of price, or availability. The problem is "Content". Which Ps2 is Sorely lacking on all fronts. (At least for those of us that have been here for years).
    • Up x 2
  8. Colakold

Give me the chance to have an MBT-option like the leopard 2 A6 or A7 for the NC and i will pay something on top of my membership.
  9. TerminalT6

Well, this quote kind of shows you that OP isn't basing anything off of fact:

Very few people have credible numbers, if any at all. TRUST NO ONE.
  10. Auzor

This is a repost: original post got deleted because I called a few people idiots; lesson learned I hope, although it seems to me not everyone holds the OP in high regards anyway. That said, I don't think there is any personal attack in the remaining of the text below, my apologies for anyone offended by the word idiot in the original post:

General estimations: about 10% of F2P playerbases actually insert money into games.
    You want to have 90% of the playerbase playing as LA? As C4 fairy?
    Let's put it at 20%. O-kay. 80% LA, plus whatever paying players play as LA.
    Big part of the "skill" of the game is adapting to the situation. "Hmm.. we don't have enough medics.. I'll just change cla..nvm."
    Also, LA is a terrible newbie experience, with weak starting jetpack, a "default" carbine that is .. "meh", compared to other weaponry, and no options like reviving, healing, repairing,.. to get some XP. Starting LA has neither medkits nor C4 after all.

Respawn timers increase: the P2W incline is tilting..

As I've posted over a few threads now, what they could have (and IMO, should have) done:
    1) generally cheaper prices for cert-able stuff (weapons). Especially infantry weapons. 7$ for unlocking a shotgun, that is faction-locked, yet has the same stats for all factions anyway?
  11. Scorponok

PS2 expensive holy....i guess you have not tried any other F2P games...if you think its expensive..i can name SWTOR....Perfect World Games...just at the top of my head that are not any cheaper..acually costs more..
  12. Shadownium

Use your brain, if you got one. Look at League of Legends. Now I know for sure that LoL is making tons of money because it is THE most played PC game in this universe. Now look at riot entertainment. They took a portion of what they earned, and gave the rest back to the community, because they earned enough. They fix bugs and make the game better. They update a patch once a month or so and add new champions and game modes. Now look at SOE, they trashed this game. Why? Because they are not earning enough money to change things. Free to play people take up server slots, zerg up and make the game unenjoyable for the people who paid, and therefore people quit. I myself have spent around 100 bucks on this game I'd say, and I only bought weapons because there is just one weapon that is the best for everything. For TR Sniper, the rams 50mm, for NC carbine, GD7F, etc. Just wtf. There is a gun that is the same as every other gun, except just a pure upgrade. Then everyone buy that gun and never spend any other money.
  13. Shadownium

Another point: let us assume that I am a F2P who played for 2 years. So even though I am no pro, I am quite good. Then let us assume that you are new to this game, but since you played other FPS games before, you are quite good also. Our skill level is about the same. You put in 20 bucks and buy a good gun. Then we come face to face at a control point. I own you ease because I have better armor, better ability, and I also have a good gun of which I bought using certs. Are you going to put in more money? Nope. Are you going to put in more time? Yes. Why? Because "oh so he owned me because he is higher level and upgraded his equipment more." Now, you are taking up a server slot, and the developers are not getting any more money other than the first 20 bucks. That is why this game is bad because they don't have the money to make changes, like upgrading the servers and stuff.
  14. Joseph L.

I play in Connery most of the time, and Emerald occasionally. I see Helmets, cammos, vehicle cosmetics, decals and Gold/Black weapons all over.

I would say some times 50%+ of players shows some type cosmetic in all faction. When high pop and alerts, queue also indicates there are sub players around at all times.

I'm sure PS2 has a nice $$$ income. How much? No way to know, but the signals are out there and are pretty visible.
  15. Shadownium

If they make good money, then why are the servers so bad? There are more bugs than players. Look, if what you say is true, then it means that SOE is simply making money off of us and not trying to make the game better. Because I'm sure if they made good money and used some of it to upgrade stuff more people would have joined PS2.
  16. Joseph L.

My personal opinion about bugs and the so hated server lagging has much to do with software code. They rush to much fixing things, breaking others.

About lag, I guess is not that simple to have big numbers of players, and all those data packets going in and out, synchronizing all that, and still provide a data packet at time to any and all players.

Yes, I agree with you in this: they should be investing much more in the servers side, both hardware and coding. I think coding is in this case the more expensive, because of the many hours required to do a reliable code, tested and tested and tested again before going live.

I am not saying they are making bunches of money with $$$, what I really meant is they are not loosing it (negative - red numbers)
  17. MahouFairy

You know they could have invested even more money into improving the servers, thus improving playability and thus preventing players on quitting, instead of gambling on the decision to kick out majority of the existing players to earn some quick bucks to do the same thing, but having to attract players (paying players this time) all over again?
  18. Colakold

The problem is that the membership is not only for one game. You pay a membership for multiple games. The money you invest to have a membership in Planetside 2 goes to all other games on the same level. Other MMOs are having a membership for one specific game. The money made there can be used to have more development for this games only.

One solution could be to have one mebership for one game (in this way you can see which game makes the most money) but this creates problems for people who are playing multiple SOE games. The all-access thing is a nice idea to give more benefit for a compared low price but the downside is that the money generated by "good" games is used to keep "weak" games alive. This cuts the budget for more development.
  19. Jalek

I assumed the subject was another reminder that microtransactions imply small amounts, unlike SC store prices.
    Instead, it's another old idea to chase people away. This game needs the F2P masses and to appeal to them to stick around as targets if nothing else. If they leave, there's nothing to shoot at, and dropping all current projects to redesign around bots would end up with a totally different game.

One of the first marketing things that caught my attention was that everything would be unlockable through play. I've spent 20 thousand+ SC on this (at least) and subbed when it was for individual games, but that still seemed important.
  20. RykerStruvian

Planetside 2 is probably the most expensive FP2 game out there. I've spent probably over $500 in this game on guns. $10-20 per gun, then you have all the addons for tanks, then you have all the extra little silly things here and there. I've spent so much money on this game and I have nothing really to show for it nor any desire to play the game because the game itself is so stupid.

I feel like I wasted the money but at the same time, I dunno. I spent the money as I saw fit at the time. And I don't really regret it. But I am just disappointed that the game is as trashy as it is. After the cyber monday 'mistake' where people were able to buy the anniversary pack at a super discount, after it had been out for only a month and not even everything from the pack was delivered, I decided to stop playing and stop spending money on this game.

And the response from SOE was 'lol sry u paid n got played son'. Pretty much lost any kind of confidence with SOE/PS2 from that as it was the last straw.

The full story for that whole thing is this:

Sony announces / finally puts out the 2-year anniversary bundle. It's priced at like, $40.
    Bundle was only supposed to be available for one month.
    After the first week of being out, a bunch of people who didn't buy the bundle got the guns and some other stuff for free by accident.
    The sale did not end when it was supposed to end. It ended up on the cyber monday sale at a discount.

People said 'well, you shouldn't have bought it because...' well, no. You're wrong. The sale said it was supposed to end on a particular day and time. It was advertised as this. But the advertisement was wrong due to a mistake and then went on sale at a discount.

Either way, this game is stupid ridiculously expensive. Why spend money on virtual guns which are at the mercy of stat changes? It happened with just about any gun in this game.