[Suggestion] A handful of things i think need looking at by the new dev team

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Im going to be listing a few things that i personally, and a couple other people i know, think need buffing, nerfing, or otherwise being changed. All input is welcome, and realize these are all opinion. I will sort them into generic buffs (all three factions) generic nerfs, generic change, and then faction specific changes.

Generic buffs:
    Infiltrator cloaking visibility change. I recommend on stalker cloak only deep cloak is completely invisible, with better invisibility on moving crouched, and walking normally. Sprinting should remain the same. On the other two cloaks, the same thing except for deep cloak staying as it is.

Lowered CD on Medics AOE heal

Light assault COF increase made smaller while jetpacking. Not terribly smaller, just smaller.

Semi-Auto aniper rifles recoil reduced to that of the battle rifles. As it is now, battle rifles are better semi auto snipers than semi auto snipers at longer ranges since the gun doesnt need to settle as much, gets HVA as an option, can get a 4x and 6x scope, and has a higher ROF.

Generic nerfs: Heavy assault overshield lowered in absorbed damage from 700 max rank NMG/adren to 500. Or alternatively a 0.3 second delay, as the devs were implementing a year ago

Light assault can only carry one C4 brick (if the tank hp changes are still coming nevermind this)

Harasser turbo removed as a default and returned to a slot item like it used to be.

Generic changes
    Infiltrators get smoke grenades

If the tank buff is still in effect, infiltrators get a certable option of two tank mines. They wont be able to destroy a full hp MBT, but can finish one off and help support.

Spitfire turrets gain a HP buff.

NS shotgun and automatic rifle type thing for MAXes. Both are worse by a noticable margin to the ES variants.

Pistol scopes for ES pistols.

Flashes get ES anti infantry weapons as an option scaled down to the flash level. Fair enough, the TR have a fury and the NC have a renegade, but i want a tiny PPA dammit!

TR buffs

Striker direct damage upped to 400. We all hated the old striker, but the new one is crap. And yes, the tr begged for a ground coyote but its awful. Maybe not bring the old one back but make this one better.

TRAP-M1 magazine size increased to 21 and first shot recoil reduced by 50%

Marauder gains an increase in direct damage from 350-450.

TR nerfs. Im ignoring the vulcan on the harasser as there is already a change on pts to the other faction AV weapons.

T4 AMP magazine size lowered to 18 and reload speed increased to 2s short 2.5s long. Putting an SMG on the stalker was a bad idea, and i dont really see it used anywhere else but there or on snipers who would be in cqc areas when someone gets to their roost.

T9 CARV magazine size lowered to 75, but ROF increased to 800.

Prowler AP shells do 100 less damage each (still a higher DPS if both shots hit) HEAT do 50 less each, and HE do 75 less each. (direct damage only)

VS Buffs. Ignoring the PPA as there is already a fix in the pipe.

Orion mag size increased from 50 to 75. Nobody meantion 0.75 ADS in this thread as all as it is not that big of a deal, it is an overhyped advantage that makes such a little difference its not funny. You move your mouse slightly more to stay on target against 0.75 ADS, and you shouldnt have more trouble doing that with another heavy than an SMG infiltrator.

Lancer charge time decreased.

Corvus ROF increased from 526 to 565. Less than 167 LMGs, more than the cougar, but better for an assault rifle.

Lasher ROF increased from 333 to 440. Its current DPS is the lowest in the game at just barely over 1300.

Manticore ROF increased to 375

Cerberus max damage range increased to 10 and gains two more bullets per mag.

Spiker gains a third fire mode for semi automatic so that charge up is separate. To explain, it would be 2x/semiauto/charge, charge mode would only fire fully charged. This is because of how the charge function works on this gun slows down the semi auto rof on whats currently supposed to be semi auto, and fires much slower than its supposed to.

ZOE Can now be prematurely turned off but cannot be turned back on until it fully recharges.

VS Nerfs. I am ignoring bullet drop, scythes, and magriders because scythes are the slowest ESF with the biggest hitbox, which plays a major roll in combat. Much more than airbrake which can be improved with hover airframe, the magrider is slow with the biggest hitbox and worst main cannon, and bulletdrop makes a difference maybe 1% of the time on any class but infiltrator. The only weapon the VS have that benefits from it thats not on the infiltrator is the battle rifle, for infantry at least. Well, the lancer too but thats not too unbalanced other than the render range issues.

L-PPA effective range reduced to 250 meters.
    Lancer effective range lowered by 75 meters.

NC Buffs.
    Uh
    hm
    i uh.

More spandex?

I seriously cannot think of anything the NC have that need any major improvement.

I mean seriously you have best verticle thrust, afterburners, and DPS aircraft
    The vanguard is the tankiest tank in tankland
    your 200 damage weapons have about the same dps as almost all other weapons of that class, and a ******** more if you know how to aim for the head.

Maybe the mag scatter gets a pellet count buff? Or a damage buff? Something like that.

Nc Nerfs
    Canister damage reduced
    Cyclone short reload increased to 2 seconds

Now as for auraxium weapons, theyre almost all ****. I would like to see the force recon knives get a damage buff to the old knife model of 650. You know, make it more worth doing force recon.
  2. ColonelChingles

TL;DR

Give Infiltrator AT Mines.

Buff Orion.

:D

I think these two alone would probably sink the entire ship.
    • Up x 2
  3. Goretzu

There's no new dev team, just the same dev team only now smaller. :confused:

- the Orion does not need a buff.
    - the Lancer really does NOT need a buff.
    - the Marauder really does NOT need a buff.

- the Vanguard might be the tankiest tank, but it is also the lowest performing MBT.
    - you want to nerf the Canister? o_O
  4. Ballto21

It has the highest ttk in closer ranges than any other ES AI weapon, and very similar at longer ranges.
    The orion, isnt really that great to be honest. Its fun and a good weapon dont get me wrong, but its only real benefit is0.75 ads, which isnt that big of a deal 90% of the time. It may have a shorter reload, but it has half the ammo of the other two starters.
    As for the lancer, its only strong in numbers at longer ranges. If its changed to only be effective at ranges well within infantry rendering, issues with it sniping tanks will subside and an ammo buff is justified
    The marauder is worse than the fury. Or about the same in stats i might have looked at the sundy fury by mistake.
    Read above about the orion.
    And infiltrators with AT mines wouldnt affect much honestly. If theyre given one less than the needed to destroy a tank, the best they can do is destroy damage tanks they gank the engy repairing.

Also didnt they fire most of the devs and bring in their own guys?
  5. Paqu

No, they just fired a bunch of devs and thats it.
  6. Ballto21

That seems like a bad idea. but whatever
  7. Prudentia

there is no such thing as "their own guys" where would they come from in the first place? SOE is the first games company Columbos Nova bought so there are no other devs.
    and as they didn't announce any new devs yet, it's kinda doubtfull what happens next.
    tough one thing that you can be sure about is that they won't read these forums, considering that reddit apparently had a statement on the roadmap, but this forum is the place where is the roadmap is/was but didn't see anything of that
  8. Goretzu

And yet it actual performs in-game worse than the Marauder which you want buffed! :confused:

And yet again it is easily the best performing in actual in-game use of all the started weapons and performs rather well within the range of all LMGs.

All the ESRL are only effective in numbers (and try using a Pheonix at short range and living!) and yet it massively outperforms the Pheonix and Striker at AV.

The Marauder is performing better than the Cannister (which you want nerfed) AND the Fury. :confused: (and on MBTs too)
    • Up x 1
  9. Ballto21

Oh boy i ****** this up somehow.

Edit: Just saw those were links and it is the harasser. You make a point that the marauder is currently doing better, but with the canister having a OHK at 15-20m and similar TTK at further than the marauder, there is a large difference. And again, how many are being pulled etcetcetc

Also the vanguard and magrider preform almost exactly the same. the prowler is outpreforming everything though unsurprisingly

On mbts, the marauder and canister preform very similarly, i can see both spiking over eachother or being around the same area
  10. Goretzu

The synergy of both the Marauder and the Cannister work better on the Harrasser, but in the case of both the Harrasser and MBTs the performance of the Cannister in no way shows it needs a nerf, nor the performance of the Marauder shows it needs a buff.

Even looking a vKPU it is very, very hard to make a case for buffing the Lancer. I mean certainly you could nerf the range of it significantly, but then I'm struggling to see what would differentiate it from a dumbfire or lock-on.
  11. Ballto21

It should most certainly have range but whats currently causing it to over preform and dare i say be overpowered is the issue you can hit tanks from vehicle render range, which is outside of infantry render range. Or at the very least far enough out to not have a chance in hell of hitting the heavy.

Lowering its range to be in render range would balance the weapon against tanks to not be as it is now, and would justify a buff to compensate as as it stand at the moment tossing beams everywhere within proper range is a suicide wish.

As for the canister the issue stems from another OHK vehicle, of which we have enough.
  12. Jayy

Does it come as a surprise to anyone that the guy with the Vanu avatar is calling for buffs to the Orion and Lancer, whilst also claiming that the scythe has the largest hitbox when, in the most common dogfight situations, hover duels and chases, it has the smallest? I mean, color me shocked.
    [IMG]
    EDIT: Also it has the smallest side profile
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. Mario900X

Serously guy? I think DBG has better things to do rather than read some BS thread from faction bias fool...
    As for orions .75 ads speed- that weapon doesnt need to be buffed, it needs to be NERFED! .75 ads is the most OP thing ive ever seen! When i mistakenly received the NS-15M AE i fell in love with that weapon because of the .75 ads, not because of the stats which are lacking. Needless to say i bought the regular version when that was taken away and auraxiumed that weapon in no time.
    I suggest tou play more before making these ridiculous statements.
  14. Mario900X

Serously guy? I think DBG has better things to do rather than read some BS thread from faction bias fool...
    As for orions .75 ads speed- that weapon doesnt need to be buffed, it needs to be NERFED! .75 ads is the most OP thing ive ever seen! When i mistakenly received the NS-15M AE i fell in love with that weapon because of the .75 ads, not because of the stats which are lacking. Needless to say i bought the regular version when that was taken away and auraxiumed that weapon in no time.
    I suggest tou play more before making these ridiculous statements.
  15. metrotw

why am i not surprised reading the op's post....

nothing to see here, move along
  16. Ballto21

look top down. Turning with roll/pitch which is used more than yawing is massive, putting us at a disadvantage when moving.

Also bigger flak target.

And as for the lancer its only benefit is its range. I have stated several times that the render issues are a problem, and suggested lowering its range to justify the buffs.
  17. Ballto21

0.75 ads makes such a little difference its unbelievable more often than not. you should have no more trouble tracking a .75 ADS heavy than a smg infiltrator or any other class with a shotgun/smg. Granted shotties probably would win regardless in cqc. im surprised people dont say hipfire is op, youre moving at 100% strafe speed!

Except for ROF, the NS-15M is better than the orion with pretty much everything except damage with better hipfire, reload, recoil, magazine size, aim accuracy, and SPA.
  18. Movoza

Although I hate people who don't get their facts straight, these things are even more annoying. The NS-15M also has a 0,75 multiplier and is available to every faction. It isn't considered OP. The thing that makes it OP is the amount it is taken, already skewing its stats and obscuring things for the non statistical people, and a lot of other features as reload speed, damage, COF, etc. The NS-15M is the flagship that shows a 0,75 multiplier isn't OP, it is a combination of a lot more traits. Instead of staring down that one stat, also check the others. Maybe decrease the Orions damage, enlarge its reload, increase COF (especially when ADSing maybe?), increase first shot multiplier, decrease total ammo, decrease magazine, reduce any available optics, barrel attatchments, underbarrel upgrades or magazine upgrades, give it a bigger random horizontal recoil, longer COF decrease, decrease maximum range. Those are a lot of things to focus on, and yet you only focus on that one tiny detail. I'm not saying all of them work, but if the COF with the Orion increases much faster than now when in ADS, it might drop in effectiveness.
    • Up x 1
  19. Ballto21

i really dont see how the orion is overpowered if the NS-1fm isnt

All i can see thats different in stat comparisons thats in the green for the orion is the rate of fire, which is exactly the same as the carv.

The 1FM has more ammo in a mag, shorter reload, worse horizontal recoil, worse hipfire, worse standing moving ADS, the list goes on.

And honestly, people are only focusing on the VS part of this post. I say that the NC dont need any real buffs because for the most part their weapons are fairly balanced. There are a few TR weapons that are trash. The VS weapons for the most part are also balanced, exceptions had been listed.

People seemed to conveniently ignore the things in the VS i said to nerf, and everything i said about lancer range and such
  20. HadesR

Nix could do with a DPS increase ... Reload time should take into consideration flight time .. So in longer range flights the Launcher is already reloaded when you unscope ..

Oh

And Lancer needs a range reduction

And L-PPA needs adjusting if the render range is staying the same .. Maybe a bigger dmg drop off past 300-350m