[Guide] About Sticky Grenades...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FliegerPanzer, Feb 15, 2015.

1. FliegerPanzer

So recently I often started sticking sticky grenades to people (which is feature of this grenade), and sometimes guy runs in spawnroom with grenade sticked, and then, people around inside dies. I often get rage tells, reports and stuff, so let me explain to you who can not understand this:
    1. Sticky grenade is grenade made to be sticked.
    2. It is not my fault if I stick grenade to guy and he runs in spawnroom, and its not exploit, its using feature
    3. Reporting people who uses sticky grenade, is not nice, dont be mad on one who sticks to guy, actually guy who gets sticked kills you, cause he can just dont run inside
    Recently I sticked to guy, he did not run in room and died outside. Then I sticked to other guy who ran inside, and killed people around, then some random guy started yelling at me. Now please learn that sticky grenade can kill you inside spawnroom, if guy sticked runs inside.

Best regards :)
    • Up x 2
  2. johnway

i think part of the problem is that the sticky grenades looks like regular frags. So sometimes it looks like you're using some sort of exploit to get them through the door (i've seen people try and throw c4/grenades through the door and succeeding which hacks me off).

I must admit i was on the receiving end of a barrage of grenades and couldn't understand why and when it was one individual i got pretty annoyed by it (especially when you looked at his score and he had like 244 kills compared to others who barely got 50). I was incensed enough to look at the players profile and noticed he was using sticky grenades which made perfect sense after that. But it was ridiculously how many were being lobbed at us and on one occasion i swear one fell through the ceiling.

Now its got me tempted to try the same thing now. Might just purchase them and spam them in biolab defense situations. Thats the only situation in which i think its safe to use them. Anywhere else and its asking for weapon locks.
    • Up x 1
  3. FliegerPanzer

yep. I think here should be new sticky nade design so people wont cry anymore
  4. sustainedfire

I auraxiumed Sticky grenades long ago.

Still not telling were the best place is for maximum kills, though it seem(s)(ed) obvious.
  5. Mefi

These grenades always ignore flak armor... I stopped using flak when found out it's completely worthless vs stickies.
  6. \m/SLAYER\m/

i noticed it too - you can teleport into safe room and die from sticky grenade :eek: .. what a BS! i can survive single c4 brick.
  7. Illucidator

Sticky grenades + fully certed grenade bandolier + faction control of amerish(50% of nades so 25 resource cost grenade) + biolab farm = Fun Times (for you of course not the other guy).
    • Up x 1
  8. TheRunDown

90% of the people using Stickies are using the Sticky exploit in Bio-Labs and other shielded areas.
    Doubt that's going to get fixed any time soon.

Though I don't really mind people lobbing Stickies in to my teleporter room, people camping in the teleporter room are just as bad as Spawn Room Heroes.. I'd rather they died and changed their game style and actually do something..
  9. FateJH

I think the problem is that people don't know they have a Sticky Grenade attached to them. Some would probably run away from allies, so everyone doesn't get hit, if they could actually tell. The only time I think you can tell the grenade is on you is when it's right over your view (upper chest).
    • Up x 1
  10. Liewec123

i'm guilty of this too! ;)
    i got over 400 sticky kills in one afternoon lol XD

stickies are by far the easiest thing i've auraxiumed (and the most enjoyable!)
  11. Hiperion

The best way that i auraxiumed sticky grenades was with this loadout
    Max Grenade bandolier
    Helath viewer implant (the default one) tosee the most weakned players
    TRAC 5 S UNDERBARREL GRENADE
    Sticky grenades
    Use this in a sieged tower by the enemy with a use the ubgl to dmaging the crowd of enemies the throw grenades to them as you can especially on maxes ,
    Profit
  12. FliegerPanzer

a
    actually I dont think sticky nade ability to stick to guy is bug :D
  13. BlueSkies

The only problem I see with sticky nades and teleporter rooms is that the visual of the nade (red warning light and the actual nade model) sticks to the door shield when the person runs inside while the explosive part of the nade is obviously inside the room.
    • Up x 1
  14. Peebuddy

Behold the power of sticky grenades + Bandolier! Normal frags are practically useless, anyone with even the slightest spacial awareness sees that blinking red light on their screen.

But you can't run from a sticky attached to your face!

[IMG]
  15. qquqq

This is a design problem, they should make it so that when your stuck your screen displays a red line around it so you know to get out, you cant blame people for being mad, they should also make it so that explosives detonate when passing into a shield, so if your stuck it dosnt go in the spawnroom you just insta and blow up the outer door,
  16. FliegerPanzer

well I stick to VS guy for example and he runs in spawnroom, I get kills, and then people swear to me... whats my fault here? thats sad. I hope they fix design so they wont run in
  17. Calisai

Well... technically all grenades would ignore flak armor if they were literally touching you when they go off... its just that regular grenades are almost always near you... not literally on you. They act like any other grenade otherwise (IE, when not stuck literally to the target).
  18. Mefi

Try it in VR, its flak resistance is clearly broken.
    Frag grenade doesn't OHK even if you stand on it and Sticky OHKs at 2.5m.
  19. EGuardian1

Stickies are unbelievably OP in the right hands. I auraxed it in 3-4 nights at Subteranean. My best throw was 25+ kills because they're all bunched up.
  20. Onhil

Sticky Nades and Subteranean my favorite thing to do in this game