FPS Problems

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by John000708, Feb 16, 2015.

1. John000708

So lately I can barely play the game. When I login and be at the warp gate, I get around 50-60 FPS, but when I go somewhere where there is some player activity, it drops down to a choppy 10-20 FPS. Today I found out that PlanetSide 2 uses only the 30-40% of my CPU. Can anyone help me? I would really appreciate it and thanks in advance :)

Computer Specs:

Processor
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz

Video Card 2
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M

Video Card 1
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Memory
    16 GB

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Edition (build 9200), 64-bit
  2. BlackDove

Probably your driver and power settings. For plugged in power profile make sure you have your GPU set to use the 765M in the drivers.

Make sure your cooling policy is active, your have everything set to high performance and max CPU state is 100% in power options.

Make sure your cores arent parked in task manager.

Physically clean your laptop. This may require partial disassembly to get to the heatsinks.

Check for malware using the following tools from my guide.

Malwarebytes anti rootkit first. Then Adwcleaner. Then F-Secure.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-malware-removal-and-mitigation-guide.193468/
  3. John000708

Thanks for replying BlackDove. I followed alll of your steps. I am sure that my GPU is using the 765M, everything is set in high performance, and none of my cores are parked. I also checked for any malware and didn't find any. I wanted to ask you, do you think that my computer(its a laptop) can actually handle the game?
  4. BlackDove

I know someone with an Alienware that has the same specs. Its not great but it does play it.

Did you make sure that its not heat related and make sure most graphics settings are turned up, but turn shadows and flora off. Turn render distance down.

I forgot to mention, make sure smoothing is OFF. I also wouldnt use vsync with that particular GPU.