Which directives would you like to change and why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fatal_Finn, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Fatal_Finn

I would like to change the engineer directives. Every time when I look at it I think to myself "I'm never going to get this done". I already completed repairing, resupplying and almost done with kills. I need to pick 2 more and my alternatives are: 1160 AP turret kills, 1160 AV turret kills and god knows how many Spitfire and sticky grenade kills because I haven't even unlocked them yet.

How engineer directive tree could look like imo:
    - Turret kills (all bunched into one directive)
    - Logistics (linked to Sunderer directive tree and vice versa)
    - Vehicle repair
    - MAX repair
    - Resupply
    - Normal kills
    - Enemy engineer kills
    (- Maybe vehicle kills)

I think these changes could make the engineer directive tree less horrible and maybe encourage the supportive role a bit further.

Which directive/s would you like to change?
  2. FocusLight

Really? Engineer directives?

Launcher directives. Launcher directives that will never be finished.
  3. HadesR

1160 for both Sticky nades and Spitfire .. Spitfire in it's current state .. Might get it in a year ( 234 kills atm )

As for what I'd change ...

Remove all Road kill ones ... Just promotes cheesey gameplay .. As if people needed an excuse to cheese ..
    • Up x 2
  4. The_Blazing

All directives for support classes (Engineer and Medic) that require grinding kills instead of doing your job. Starting from the "kill your same class(medic/engie)" BS and ending with the special AR only being obtainable by scoring kills over kills over kills over kills with other ARs. Since ARs are restricted to medic only, there is no damn reason why they should only be obtainable with kills when killing is not your primary job. Carabines are different because the LA can also use them, therefore it makes partial sense that they require kills only, but anything Medic-related should never require kills only. Unless of course they want to rename it "Medium/Tactical Assault" in which case I can see their different gameplay design direction.

Also, all medals (not just in the scope of directives) should be XP-based instead of kill-based. A kill in PS2 is nothing but a last hit, and the killgrind encourages farming, camping and stealing other people's kills. This is not Dota 2. In addition, the current kill-based system massively screws over support-oriented weapons such as the Lasher. This was discussed on Reddit and Higby mentioned it, hopefully it's coming soon.
  5. Ballto21

Force recon to include the OHK knives.
    • Up x 3
  6. _itg

• The scout rifle directive really needs to give you a scout rifle as a reward.
    • The MAX directive needs a 6th option. It's not reasonable to expect anyone to Auraxium the MAX punch.
    • The engineer directive needs an "800 turret kills" option, like every other weapon class in a directive.
    • A few weeks ago, Higby was talking about making medals XP-based instead of kill-based. If this change can be made for directives, too, it will fix the launcher directive and some other near-impossible goals.
    • Up x 3
  7. TerminalT6

I would change Marksman ribbons do have different requirements based on what type of gun you're using. I need ~100 more ribbons, and I'm sick of sniping already.
    e.g. using a carbine, Marksman requirement drops from 70m to 55m.
    • Up x 2
  8. Mitheledh

Savior kills on the medic should never have been a thing. I have it now, but it was painful to get. It was the last one I needed and it took me forever. Getting it relies too much on chance to get it on a regular basis.
    • Up x 5
  9. Juunro

The engineer turret directives; because seriously, **** that thing. The AP turrets are a pain in the *** and the AV turrets are just awful.

I'd like to see the class weapons rolled into a directive; give engineers and LA a final tier directive that is like "Unlock directive Carbine", give HA a final tier directive for unlocking the directive LMG, Infil the same for sniper rifles, medics the same for AR's.
    • Up x 2
  10. Ravenorth

Being able to choose optional semi-auto sniper instead of bolt action sniper from the sniper directive. There is enough bolt-action sniper rifles already.

Also scout rifle directive should reward you with a scout rifle, since you mostly need to use infiltrator to achieve it, but in the end you get a weapon that you cant even use with that class? No matter how you look at it, but it sounds like a really bad joke.
    • Up x 1
  11. JudgeNu

Yep the Mana turrets.
    They could be based on assists.
    That would help.

It will take too long to get my...transparent purple Engineer Armor....
    Anyway...
    • Up x 1
  12. Archiadus

I'd love to see the roadkill directive reduced by 50-60% so that it matches the current chance of actually getting one.
  13. TheMercator

Remove roadkill directives for vehicles. Why should that cheese be even promoted?
    Add something to MAX directive, so you don't need the auraxium medal on the Max-punch anymore.
    Change something about the destroyed-AMS and Objective-support directives. The first seems quite impossible when playing infantry, while the later is only viable when playing infiltrator much and hacking terminals behind the lines.
  14. Mythologicus

The objectives directive. Specifically the Objective Support one. No way in hell am I ever going to complete that when the generator I need is buried underneath five other people trying to do the same thing, rather than actually being productive. I tried hitting generators repeatedly as an Infiltrator, but apparently there's a maximum to how much XP you can earn in a certain time period from it (and also a limit on the ribbons, yay).
  15. uhlan

The Directives weren't well thought out and just stuck in to give those that tend toward OCD something to do in a game with very little else to keep their attention.
  16. Goretzu

Both could probably do with a bit of adjustments (along with AV grenades after the nerf).

The AV turrets is maybe still ok (although much harder to get than it was), and Stickys are still pretty nasty if used in the right situation, but the Spitfire on seems a bit steep for its current power and the basic AI turret is do able but requires so specific farming, in general gameplay it would take forever.

Needing MAX punch is also plain silly.

Having said that if they made directives experience based rather than kill based (as Higby suggested before he left), it would be a completely different kettle of fish.
  17. FocusLight

Indeed. It would get past the foolish notion that the game ENCOURAGES you to rocket-primary because the only way to get progress is to KILL enemies. AFAIK, not even a sole vehicle kill counts, you have to kill the pilot as well, so every time someone get's out of their vehicle before you destroy it, they lose another potential kill for their auraxium.

Changing it to experience based counter rather than kill will also remove the frustation of doing the majority of the damage ot an enemy but have the kill "stolen" by another player - currently the kill assist experience don't count for anything towards your auraxium.

Changing kills to experience for aurax progress should be implemented ASAP, it would be a massive quality of life improvement.
    • Up x 1
  18. Moonheart

I wish that infiltrator directives don't force me to use sniper rifles when I certed everything for the stalker cloak.................................................
    • Up x 1
  19. Fatal_Finn

I really like the idea of making directives EXP based.
  20. _itg

You can also hack terminals to get those ribbons. I found this to be one of the easiest goals in the directive. Deployed AMS kills took about a month longer than the next longest one for me.