Fanmade NC armor - All classes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Faven, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Faven

I suspect the new armors (if/when) they come out will be a tad more expensive then the old stuff. That's just my guess. But yeah. they take hellofalot longer to make then a helmet. And a helmet works accross all classes.
  2. KnightCole

LOL, were soldiers fighting a War, we can never really be to armored. Our current in game armor is to little. THe HAs, despite being the most armored, are still chalk full of some very exploitable weakpoints in the armor. HAs stock have nothing guarding the entire lower half of the torso, and even with armor, its missing the back plate...mostly. The boots are more like Armored sandals then actual reinforced armored boots.

The OP makes the soldiers actually armored for war, instead of armored for a very vicious game of paintball....

I kinda cant wait to see if he does a TR redo of their gear. And VS, always thought VS looked.....gay....Like if the members of the blue oyster bar signed up for war and designed weapons and gear out of old secks toys and what not....
  3. Finnboy11

Do you happen to have a mailing list or anything, because I would ABSOLUTELY want to be notified when that animation comes out :eek:

I'm a Blender technician (lots of technical knowledge but nearly zero artistic skills) myself, but your project seems way too professional for me to take any part in it. My brother does study industrial design and could most likely create some small assets, but I can't promise anything on his behalf.
  4. CapEnTrade

It will be done when it's done.
    Also...
    [IMG]
    Using a HIGHLY customized build of Blender 2.73.
    • Up x 1
  5. Faven

..started TR sets.

[IMG]
  6. CapEnTrade

dayum
    dat one guitar...
  7. Finnboy11

I feel that I don't need to wish you good luck with your project. Just time. Every creative person lacks time.

OP, you make that look way too easy. Those NC armors are the most badass thing I've seen for a while and you're already proceeding to the TR? Wow.
  8. KnightCole

soE still hasnt given you a job doing their art? shame shame.......you would make this game look amazing, even if it was kinda derpy to play....one would sure feel like a bad *** as he pumped 87 rounds into a guys head only to have hit detect make 86 of them vanish into nothingness....
  9. JKomm

I really do want new engineer armour, I've always hated the look of the backpack that NC has, and that would fix it, in fact that armour looks so good I might not even need camo for it. Let's hope these get added!

[EDIT]: I also want whatever gun you added for these models that the "Battle Mechanic" is holding, that looks like some sort of railgun rifle!

Also I do hope you have female versions as well, I know they are not that much different but it'll increase the chances of these being added, as well it seems odd that most classes don't have armour on the right shoulder, even small plating would look nice there over the fatigues(Just an observational opinion).
  10. Faven

Yeah doing female aswell, but I do that as the very last thing. As you say they arent very different. Except for the area that's the most annoying which is the chest. There they are very different, the planetside 2 girls are very. VERY busty.
  11. JKomm

I think the look of the left shoulder pad being more prominent is a fantastic idea! However you do have the potential to add just a tiny bit of armour plating to the right shoulder on medic and engineer, at least enough to add NC colours to that region without making it stand out as much as the left shoulder.

I think the end result of this will in turn make camo coverage look more appealing and thus make it more desirable... these are just my own thoughts though, they are of course your models, your designs, though perhaps consider this option before finalizing the female models?

[EDIT]: One thing you may be able to try is, while making the right shoulder pad thinner, you could make it longer(As in reach further down the arm a tiny bit to slightly cover more of the padding on the fatigues), this will give it the illusion of being much heavier plating without actually making it look as though it belongs on the heavy assault variant.
  12. Faven

Yeah its not a bad idea, ill give it a try whenever this becomes a reality. There's quite a lot of work left to do on them if it becomes real.

LIke making ladies. Sorting all the UV2 (that controlls the normal detail) and potentillay redoing the entire texture map to get the desired camo coverage...uuuuufs

I havent had a look at this armor set for over a week now, and looking back at it it *will* be worth it:D
  13. JKomm

Well I'll just say, keep up the hard work, you've gone very far in this project already, and by golly it'll be worth it no matter what. I only wish I had your modeling/texturing skills when I had done a little bit of work on concepts for this game(I have a link to an old thread about engineer turrets in my signature, the models are crude but get the message across).
  14. DashRendar

I love the asymmetry, one of the first things that caught my eye. I love asymmetry in art design, as long as it's not to japanese anime proportions of course.
  15. HappyStuffin

Now that is some kind of badassery right there.

I love the way you show us your artwork on a Lazy Susan too!

So anyway, I hear Daybreak just let a bunch of people go and are possible looking for new talent. You are obviously a motivated individual with talent, maybe you should look into this opportunity :)
  16. HappyStuffin

17. TheBloodEagle

This....this is what the game should look like, even the animation / posing. It's a lot closer to the vision shown in trailer. Even the guns look awesome (square-ish) for NC.