[Suggestion] CrossBow Needs 2x Headshot Multiplier..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Foxirus, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Foxirus

I am suggesting the Crossbow be given a 2x headshot multiplier. Each shot does 650 damage. Normally, This would cause headshots to count as an instant kill on everything. As it stands now, It only seems to do about 975 damage. This is enough to kill an infiltrator, but nothing else.

I feel that the Crossbows cons far outweigh its benefits, Allow me to list them below.

Pros: Silent shooting, No radar Detection, High initial damage on first shot.

Cons: Short Range, Requires uncloaking before it can be fired, Requires two headshots to kill, Mag is limited to only 4 shots, Low ammo reserves, Soft Reload after each shot.

As you can see, The cons of using this weapon far outweigh the benefit. Most Stalker infiltrators simply take a Commissioner to do a 1-2 headshot (Its faster). Even the standard beamer kills faster than the Crossbow does when utilizing headshots.

With this being said, I am calling for the community to support this weapon receiving the standard 2x headshot multiplier for a buff so that it can be viable and the pros and cons can be balanced. Please continuously support this thread to show we want this to pass. The weapon is VASTLY under performing.
  2. Ballto21

a OHK headshot for every class would be broken.

Increase its velocity to the same as a scout rifle would help though, and wold make sense considering it can have a x6 scope
  3. Elsewhere

Stalker cloaker with a 1-shot kill secondary? I don't think so.

Admittedly, the Crossbow needs.... `something` .... but I am not sure what.
  4. breeje

it don't need an OHK, it needs faster reload and 6 arrows
  5. Commander Beanbag

Sorry, only infils are allowed to be one hit killed by secondaries.
    yes i'm salty
  6. CapEnTrade

5 arrows, 0.75 (it's like 1 second currently) second re-chamber, 450 velocity.
    Boom!
    Xbow is actually usable now while not being to good as a sidearm for every class!
    -Still the slowest with worst TTK.
    -Still fairly bad ammo.
    -Still worst thing ever to use as a pistol in terms of classic pistol use.
    • Up x 1
  7. Mefi

I wish the Crossbow had better projectile arc and less annoying animation after shot (at long range it obscures the impact spot).
  8. Iridar51

This game needs less OHK stuff, not more.
    • Up x 2
  9. Ianneman

LOL NO YOUR IDEA IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE GO AWAY

Stalker cloaking + a one-hit kill weapon? Nobody will ever be ******* able to buy a tank ever again. Also, giving every single class a OHK weapon would break the whole game.

This is the worst idea I've ever read on these forums.
  10. Flamberge

I frequently run Infiltrator (Stalker mainly) and the Crossbow is INCREDIBLE! Especially at long range.
    If you know how much to compensate, you are able to reliably get kills 100m+ out. I am a very sub par player, and even I can kill guys more than 100+ meters away. (My farthest was 121)

However, I believe the headshot multiplier is fine where it is. Typically, if you are able to get in one shot, you can get in two.

I would instead love to see:

1. An an ammo increase. Right now I have to run Ammo Belt just to have enough ammo for one battle
    2. Increase RoF. Maybe even at a downside to something else
  11. Subject851

Give it a grappling hook :) Or buff the **** out of explosive bolt.
  12. Doc Jim

The crossbow is fine and needs no change whatsoever.
    • Up x 1
  13. Crayv

As hard as it is to land headshots with that thing it takes way more skill to get headshots with that thing than most other weapons in the game. The Commissioner has far better velocity and drop and it does nearly the same damage on a headshot, not to mention fires faster so you are not as punished for missing and/or can finish off a target faster.

While I think 2x headshot multiplier on most of the guns in the game is too much. If it is going to be that way it then it needs to be brought up to the same reward/risk ratio as the other weapons.
  14. Rogueghost

You need to keep in mind that the crossbow is a secondary weapon, it shouldn't be able to compete with BASRs even in close quarters.
  15. Hatesphere

i dont think we need every class in the game with the ability to carry around a pocket snip-er rifle in their secondary slot.
    • Up x 1
  16. Souleater

I love my xbows. There is no way it should have a double HS modifier.
  17. TheMercator

The Crossbow needs the Comissoner nerfed...
    But seriously, it could be buffed a little bit.
  18. Capca

It's not a con if every other weapon has that limitation.
    • Up x 2
  19. ColonelChingles

Sure... if it's given a 0.03x bodyshot multiplier. Because crossbows are completely obsolete when it comes to modern hard body armor.

Crossbows were a terrible addition to the game in the first place. Then again some people want to add in swords, so I guess there's no accounting for taste.
  20. Mefi

http://wiki.planetsidesyndicate.com/index.php?title=Fusion_Blade :p