It's a new Era! Anyone think we are about to see good things happen?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talc, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Talc

Change isn't always bad... I think new blood, new money and a company that wants to see it happen is a good thing...
    • Up x 3
  2. Liewec123

i think it'll take a good while before we see anything (3-4 months) but then yeah, enthusiastic new crew, i have high hopes!

one thing i really hope is that they keep faction flavour, sure we want balance,
    but not if it makes every faction just a clone of the others.
  3. Cinnamon

it feels nice inside to be optimistic for no reason I guess.
    • Up x 2
  4. Rogueghost

I'm preparing for the worst honestly, it'd be nice if the game doesn't sink, but I'm ready for it.
  5. Ribero

Good things for Planetside 2 on PS4 (And maybe Xbox) sure.

For PC? While I don't think it'll be left to rot/killed off immediately, I do think the "Golden Years" are behind us now.
    • Up x 1
  6. Ashley

I just feel sorry for the new lead, Its going to take more than just elbow grease to convince EU players there is a bright future.
  7. Talc

Obviously there is a lot of uncertainty, that is to be expected with change but change isn't necesseral bad! I think this is an opportunity. A chance for development to advance in new directions.

Even if most people dont want to acknowledge it, this game is ground breaking & with the new lease of life that is occurring can be a truly realised masterpiece! Big words, I know but now is the time....
  8. Leftconsin

I feel like we are playing in the end times.
  9. HadesR

Fear #1

Said development will not continue in new directions or even old ones ..The game will just go into Limbo

Fear #2

Game does get an influx of money and heads in a new direction .. That direction being Lockboxes and P2W stuff to balance the books ...
  10. Gearlock

(I posted something similar in the larger higby thread)
    As an ex player who keeps an eye on the game hoping for positive things, this is about the worst thing someone like me can come and see. I'll try to be succinct

Played game, invested money, stopped playing because content grew old and stagnant.

Got the itch, returned to game, invested money, stopped playing because content grew old and stagnant.

Kept an eye on game, minor tweaks, money grab additions, nothing major to bring me back

Observe the systematic elimination of devs and management

Absolutely 0 reason to invest money in it. Nothing positive has happened in 2 years except the introduction of a half finished hossin and some additions that dont change a thing (harasser/valkerie/weapons)

So no offense, I get that if youve been a big supporter, playing for years, living in the planetside world, this absolutely might feel like an amazing new opportunity.

But from the eyes of players looking to possibly return to the game?

It's probably the worst thing you could possibly get wind of. "Oh the game owners fired a ton of staff including upper management and developers, well, I'm certainly interested now!" is not a phrase you will ever here uttered in the gaming world.
  11. patoman

If they release the game on ps4, how will that be bad for cpu, its not like they will release a different game. if they develop something like a fancy new gun in one they will release it in the other.
  12. JudgeNu

Well if the last year or two have been the decline of PS2, who do you blame?
    Daybreak?
    No.

Everyone has complained about bugs, lag, crappy patches, "poor" base design, very slow roadmap...
    Hell idk I am just speculating.

Although there have been some "good" balance changes but some say they are too little too late.
    Some new "content" (Directives - Events).

We will see.
    I put money in every game I play and consider it a loss the same as buying a DVD or CD - A case of Beer.
    I hope that this game continues and gets at least some needed attention.
  13. WookLordz

Who got let go? Is Higby still here?
  14. Nikushimi

It is when it involves a investment group buyout.
    • Up x 1
  15. CNR4806

I'm not optimistic, to be honest.

However, seeing as things can't possibly get worse than Higby and his sorry excuse of a management, I have nothing to lose.

This is what I'm talking about. The dev-player communication is so bad, especially on this forum, that people don't even know Higby and a good chunk of his supposedly-well-known team of devs have either left or got fired.
  16. Alchemist44

Nope, some devs are gone and afaik they arent hiring new staff, so...

"Unfortunately, this realignment means adjusting staffing as well. We announced today that we
    will eliminate positions in our San Diego and Austin studios... These reductions will not affect the operation of our current games and as mentioned above, will help better position our company for future success."
    https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/index.php?threads/daybreak-company-update.11500068779/

Im not that optimistic...
  17. WUNDER8AR

I'm optimistic about the PS4 release and the impact it is going to have on PS2 as a whole. Telling from the producer's letter update the PC version is going to continue to be supported with, for now, focus on network performance, bugfixing and general QoL stuff, which I am fine with since these things need to be adressed in order to provide a good gameplay experience in the first place. There is going to be a roadmap so new content is to be expected. Whether that content is going to be interesting/worth a dime is another story though. I'm not expecting significant gameplay changes anytime soon. For now I'm glad that the game is up and running for another while. And even though myself' and probably a ton of other peeps are kinda burnt out on the current version of PS2, I think that there's still plenty of fun to be had as long as there's people among the community who dedicate themselves to helping out new players, organize events, continue to support or even create new 3rd party software and sites (I'm not talking about hax just FYI^^) that improve the overall gameplay experience and as long as there's outfits/individual players who remain optimistic and continue to come up with unconventional strats and tactics inspiring all the rest of the playerbase.
  18. Goretzu

There's no new blood or new money as of yet, just less blood and less money. :confused:

Most investment companies (when buying struggling businesses) tend to firstly cut the business down to the bone (as it seems to be doing now) and then see if it can run profitably like that (in the context of PS2 that would likely be just enough staff to get the PS4 version Live and perhaps finish off some of the things in developement for the PS2 version - more like weapons, not so much Battle Isles I'd guess).

If it still can't make money like that then generally they strip the business of any assets (which may sell well seperately).

Investment companies are not widely known for riding in and throwing money at companies they take over.

Or to put it simply:
    • Up x 1
  19. Goretzu

The EU servers now are performing so badly it is ridculous. I use to quite genuinely get a better ping on dial-up in 1997 than I have had in PS2 for the last month. :mad:
  20. P4nda