ETA on Finished Or 2nd Phase of the Resource Revamp ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Feb 10, 2015.

1. HadesR

Considering Phase one turned the game into a Spamathon of Vehicles and MAX's , coupled with peoples tendency to pull HA , the game IMO has turned into CrutchSide where skill goes out the window in favour of spamming as much **** as possible ..

So is this pretty much it for the rest of the year ? Suffering the fall out of a half arsed Resource change while hoping the Dev's add the depth the game desperately needs and finish what they have started ?

Does anyone even know on the Dev team itself anymore ? Or are they all waiting for the other foot to drop from the take over ?

New weapons
    New vehicles
    New continents

Are all just lipsstick on a pig in the game .. They are not going to attract new players or drag old ones back .. Only IMO depth can do that ..
    • Up x 8
  2. Gazatron

I concur depth would certainly bring old players back to the game. It's an MMO, continued interest hinges on depth. Especially in shooters. People need a reason to keep fighting otherwise it all becomes stale very quickly
  3. FateJH

It was already a "spam-a-thon" of Vehicles before the resource revamp (that is to say, the numbers of Vehicles pulled did not change between before and after). We never counted the number for MAXes, or at least I don't recall that chart, but we do know that C4 and grenade use soared, so your spam comment has some validity to it.
    • Up x 2
  4. HadesR

Have you got said charts ?

Not that I'm denying what you say .. But also nice to have the numbers at hand to view ..

In theory there should be less vehicles being pulled ... As the player base is smaller
  5. sustainedfire

Reddit to get an answer
  6. Pikachu

When ps4 is proven to be a money maker, the work will begin.
  7. Goretzu

Somewhere between Soon™ and Never™. :(
  8. Valok

Soon
    Copyright 2015 Daybreak Game Company, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Daybreak Game Company and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Daybreak does guarantee that "Soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon" as Daybreak will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon™".
    • Up x 5
  9. stalkish

Pre resource revamp
    Inf res : 750
    Veh res : 750
    Air res : 750
    Total res 2,250.

Post resource revamp
    Total res : 750

Typical gameplay before revamp
    Pull Liberator, fly to action get a few kills, get blown out of the sky by AA
    Spawn at tech lab near the front
    Pull tank, get a kill, get blown up by ESF
    Spawn again
    Pul ESF to go fight that ESF, get killed
    Spawn again
    Pull Lightning to counter ESF with skyguard, kill it, get killed by MBT
    Spawn again
    Grab engineer, attempt to lay mines on enemy MBT retreat path, get spotted after laying them and killed
    Spawn again
    Grab LA with 2 x C4, attempt to c4 the tank, get killed after dropping c4
    Spawn again
    Grab liberator
    spawn
    mbt
    spawn
    esf
    spawn
    lighning
    spawn
    etc..
    etc..
    etc..

You never ever had to stop pulling the 'spam' weapons, the force multipliers that everyone complains about were free to get at any time and if one was out of res you had another full stack of res ready and waiting.

Typical gameplay after revamp
    Grab tank from warpgate (i cant use my lib transport to get a few cheap kills then eject since this would prevent me getting a tank)
    Get killed after arriving at action
    Spawn in
    Grab another tank since its been easily 2 mins since last pull (drive from warpgate), get killed by sneaky c4 user barely 2 mins after pulling it
    Spawn in
    No res, or very little, cant use c4 since im saving for a new tank, cant lay mines for same reason, cant grab an ESF or lib.
    But there is a collection of enemy tanks shelling our base, so i grab heavy in order to shoot rockets at them.

Hell of a difference in how much and how often i as an individual can 'spam'.
    It does however increase the amount of HAs since vehicle users who like to fight back other vehicles will flock to HA while their resources are on 'cooldown'. Combine this with the kill farmers who cant pull their AI vehicles so also pull HA for the increased effectiveness against infantry and we see alot of HAs (not a bad thing imho).

Also tank/lib costs were not decreased (cant remember the rest of the vehicles) during the revamp meaning you can never chain pull those more than you could with the old system.

Some consumables were however decreased in price so infantry only players actualy were the only ones who gained anything from the revamp although they lost the ability to 'stack' their consumables so it was a trade-off.

So as i see it, the individuals ability to spam 'force multipliers' has been greatly dimished by the res revamp p.1.

Empire wide however is another story
    As an empire with very little territory on a cont you can 'spam' endlessly since there is no restriction on nanite regeneration.
    The old system forced empires to take account of the amout of a continent they own, since loss of the entire thing meant no resources, so sitting in the crown for days for example lead to starving your empire of resources.
    However, it was very unlikely that your empire had <10% of all continents at one time, so getting additional res before the revamp was as easy as switching conts and going for a smoke.

I do look forward to the res revamp p.2 but i do feel that itis the empire wide resources that it will address, i doubt it will realy have an impact on the individuals spamability, part 1 seems to me to have been the individuals spam nerf.

TLDR: the individuals ability to spam 'force multipliers' has been greatly dimished by the res revamp p.1, but the empire wide spamability was increased slightly. I believe part 2 will address this empire wide spam 'problem'.
    • Up x 2
  10. lothbrook

Its been brought up in a few of the threads going, essentially tanks saw a small bump, while things like C4 and grenades went through the roof. The only difference i'd say now for vehicles is they no longer have to switch continents when their side is losing to keep pulling their vehicle of choice as most of your vehicle users lived long enough to respawn when it died or would have their gunner do it for them, unless as i said your side was losing so bad you'd get almost no resources.

Now for infantry they just got a huge surge of resources with this change and if you're a member you can literally throw a grenade or a mine every minute and never run out, lol.
    • Up x 1
  11. Haquim

Well...

Any non-member can use one grenade per minute, as those are AFAIK 50 nanites. Members get +50% so they can use one C4 per minute (1.5 grenades).
    Pre "revamp" it was dependend on the owned territorry, and if you got +150 resources it was much, even as a member. 150 resources per FIVE minutes, mind you. You could stockpile your grenades though...

And yes, I am a member and I basically never run out of resources. Except when im going stubborn and try to clean off the the rust in my A2A abilities and insist on going toe to toe with a superior opponent or something similarly suicidal. Even then - I can spawn a new ESF in five minutes at worst.

IMO we desperately need a finished revamp. With ANTS. And the possibility to starve a besieged base so the defenders can't pull anything with a cost attached to it anymore.
    And if my dreams come true even a cost attached to redeploying to a base. No more MAX crashes by a Platoon that redeployed for a last second save - the redeployment already ate all the base had left.
  12. HadesR

I understand ..But with the declining pop

Are the same number of people pulling vehicles ?
    Are less people pulling more vehicles ( the spammability ) ?
    Has vehicle usage dropped ( Which you would assume if it matched a declining pop ) ?

Are the same number of vehicles being pulled post change as they were before it , and are they are being pulled by a lesser pop ..

Be nice to get a proper chart / graph of usage versus population..

Ofc wanting the RR finished isn't just about vehicle , Max or Nades usage .. Much more Importantly It's about adding a much needed layer of depth to the game .
  13. Thunde333

I dont think we going to get any updates before they have fired all peoples they want and got new peoples working on their games. They probably going to close down some old games and try to run the other games for profit.
  14. htmlboss

LMFAO
  15. Liewec123

i dunno about you guys but the resource revamp has worked completely opposite to "spamathon" for me, since everything comes from the same pool of resources i can no longer pull an ESF then spam nades, betties and c4, then pull a tank over and over forever.
    if i spam nades then i can't pull a tank or esf.

when they all had separate resources you could pretty consistently keep going through the cycle, now one max pull and over half of your resources are gone.