I need help about system requirements - Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Marwan188, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Marwan188

Can i run this game with :

4GB ( Ram )
    R7 240 4GB ddr3 ( VGA )
    AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.00 GHz ( Processor )

and if i could run this game with this things , which settings i will use ? ( Low - medium - high ) and with how much FPS Approximately

I'd be thankful for anyone who answers my questions cuz i wanted to play this game so bad :/
  2. user300115

Depends on the FPS you expect. If you have no problems playing around 10-20 FPS when entering fights then this will work. It doesn't meet the minimum specs.

Who sold you this thing? It has written marketing scam written all over it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Marwan188

Its not about scams , im from egypt - those things are kinda expensive here like this VGA Card costs 650 L.E

so i will be able to play with low settings in big fights with 10~20 FPS ? what about in normal ?
  4. Freeloaderusa

Best option would be to try for your self just set everything to lowest turn shadow and flora off also edit the useroptions manually find renderdistance and set it to 200 - 300 to get more fps. I used to play on laptop with those settings and ran around 30-40 fps in huge fights.
    • Up x 1
  5. Freeloaderusa

• Up x 1
  6. Marwan188

Means i will still be able to play it with good FPS at low graphics right ?
  7. Marwan188

R7 250 2GB is better or R7 240 4GB is better for planetside 2 , please ?
  8. Freeloaderusa

• Up x 1
  9. Freeloaderusa

You might also want to consider using the RadeonPro software tool to give you a bit more boost with your graphic card http://www.radeonpro.info/download/

after u install under global option goto advanced tab set texture filtering low, Mipmap quality performance, texture LOD leave default, flip quesize 4 or 5.

and then save bottom left
    • Up x 1
  10. Freeloaderusa

and one last thing run the game with the 32bit client of the game the 64bit client doesnt run well and was meant to be there in the long run. To do this launch the game launchpad first and after the launch pad is running with play button highlighted on the bottom right > open your game dir > locate planetside 32.exe > paste on desktop > and rename the 32 to 64 > paste back into game dir.

there are also other performance tweaks you can do with sound channels etc.. Just test with current system first.

Hope all goes well
    • Up x 1
  11. Marwan188

My downloading speed is 100kb/sec , this will take days to download 9 GB and i still didn't get any VGA card - actually im using Radeon HD 3200 , thats why i need to buy better VGA Card
    I hope i can run the game on Medium and still be playable :/
  12. Lord_Mogul

It will be a hard experience and maybe neither beutiful nor good performaing.
    But it all depends on your view of what you call "playable"
    And since hardware is expensive where you live, consider other games you might play (Bit an R7 250 willl be a definite upgrade from your HD 3200)
    I also suggest upgrading your RAM to 6 or 8 GB if you can afford it (this improves performance even on recent "high end" systems)
  13. user101

100kbs is to slow to play PS2... the server will kick you for that speed. Min. you can get by with is full DSL ~700 - 1500 kbs
    min spec is 1500 but some get by on 700

50kbs is slow modem speed for a phone line dial up... that will not work with PS2.
  14. Marwan188

I used to play that game on my friend's laptop with the same internet speed , i wasn't kicked from the server ._.
    Maybe they will allow me to play with that speed ?
  15. Marwan188

I will get 6 GB Ram , with R7 250 (2gb) - AMD Athlon II x2 250 3.00 GHz
    Do you think i will be able to play this game on medium settings ? with how much FPS if i could - just little example :/
  16. user300115

The internet connection is okay. But...

...you are going for the bare minimum to play the game and are asking for medium settings. That is not how it works. The CPU you chose is still under minimum spec. While it will run, it won't run well.

Since it seems that you are really tight on your budget I would advise you to play something different. There are plenty of games out there and Planetside is not what you want to play with a low end system.
  17. Lord_Mogul

To run it halfway okay you need to turn the settings down, very hard down.
    It maybe looks like this, with playable settings on your machine:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  18. Marwan188

But when i checked it there at game debate , it says my PC is better than the minimum requirements , except for the Processor its 89%
    but the RAM , VGA passed the minimum , it have more than 100% at GD Adjust as well :/

Check this

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/marwan188/media/yayea_zpsztyqmdev.png.html
  19. Lord_Mogul

The changed the requirements about a year or so ago:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/planetside-2-system-specs.46998/
    There is even a list of supported video cards:
    https://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36590
  20. user300115

Afaik the list you linked didn't change when the minimum specs changed. It still contains cards like the 7600 GT which probably can't even launch the game. It also misses all recent cards.