[Suggestion] Kickstart PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Naejin, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Naejin

Kickstart further developement of PS2 (PC) much along the lines of what Chris Roberts did with Star Citizen. Set out definite goals: resource revamp, optimization, weapons, vehicles, whatever so we know what we're funding. Offer rewards as funding goals are met, etc.
    • Up x 3
  2. Champagon

This would be awesome
  3. FateJH

You'll need to provide details for those of us not following Star Citizen development.
  4. Opapanax

There is just something dirty about established companies using kickstarter that rubs many the wrong way. DBG/CN has billions in revenue already why do they need the common mans money to make a full fledged property.
    • Up x 4
  5. Reclaimer77

I kind of have a problem with a billion dollar corporation using kickstarter funding. Don't you think that it's just wrong morally and ethically?
    • Up x 6
  6. Regpuppy

Established company asking for kickstarter funding for their, already running, two year old game? There are enough shady things done on kickstarter as-is. I don't think Daybreak or their investors want to present that sort of image. They'd be better off dropping PS2 entirely.
    • Up x 3
  7. Tommyp2006

Crowd funding. Star Citizen is a Space Sim game in development by Chris Roberts, creator of the Wing Commander games. The entire game is being crowd funded. So far Star Citizen has raised $72,281,149 entirely through crowd funding.
  8. Reclaimer77

Have you been living in a cave!!?? :eek: It's only like the biggest thing to happen in video gaming since Pacman!
  9. Naejin

"I kind of have a problem with a billion dollar corporation using kickstarter funding. Don't you think that it's just wrong morally and ethically?"

I agree, however it seems that the company is at the point where they're done with this game. They're not going to put any more money or time into it. This is the only way I can see for the players who love the game to guarantee we get what we want, and for the game to continue.
    • Up x 1
  10. BlueSkies

• Up x 3
  11. Opapanax

People should maybe look up the Kickstarter for the Oculus Rift also and some of the not so cool things that came from that. Not the product itself of course.
  12. Reclaimer77

What are you basing that on?

Some of you guys have just completely unrealistic expectations.
  13. FateJH

No, I know what Star Citizen is; and, I know what Kickstarter is. It sounded like Roberts was doing something unique. A fund-per-feature basis, or something like that, was my first impression based on the way the OP's post was worded.

Knowing what something is and being interested in it are two separate matters. (If you get stuck in a career justified by this mindset, I pity you.)
    Actually, I had been interested in it, but only from a technical software development standpoint.
  14. z1967

How about CN just uses the money they have and fund a unique game that has absolutely no competition (except maybe the W40k game coming out soon, but its pretty different compared to PS2). I guess H1Z1 is profitable, so it makes sense to put money into that instead of into games that weren't very profitable beforehand like PS2. PS2 just needs the resources really, and then I could see it really breaking into the FPS industry as the next big thing since zombies :p.
  15. CNR4806

Try a $2500 Javelin-class destroyer... but you'll need a time machine to go back in time because they were limited to 200 ships. The "LIMITED EDITION! ACT NOW OR REGRET FOREVER" trick never gets old.

That pricetag flamed out any hype I had for the game as anything but a money grab scheme.
  16. Reclaimer77

Why the hate?

Planetside charges, what, $13 for a gun. A freaking gun! When you think about it, $2,300 for a massive capital ship is a bargain :p
    • Up x 1
  17. NC supporter

Ehh, I'm not that desperate in seeing planetside 2 survive. If it dies, it dies. Another game will come along and take its place. These types of games don't last forever.
  18. AlterEgo

Value is everything, man. But then again, give me a $1,500 plasma gun that acts like it over a massive capital ship any second of the minute!:cool:
    • Up x 1
  19. Yuki10

I think they should do it. It will be a spectacular failure!
  20. Prudentia

no they charge... wait... 7€ times 1.7 is 11.9... well ok... i guess there is one positive thing to it... they don't go the 1$=1€ route...