List of Underrated weapons and low use weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hiperion, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Hiperion

Title says all
    Underrated
    T32 BULL
    LOW USE
    Cerberus and flash basilisk
  2. FateJH

Liberator nose guns that are not the Tank Buster, maybe.
    • Up x 3
  3. A3ianess

First gen smgs (except for cyclone of course ;))
  4. Hiperion

b
    they are underrated or low use?
  5. Pikachu

Phoenix
    Lancer
    Striker
    Shotguns
    Fracture
    Vortex
    Railjack
    Phaseshift
    TRAP
    T4
    Scatmag
    Rebel
    Vanu charge up pistol
    Crossbows
    Vandal
    Right version of heavy cycler, cosmos, scattercannon.
    HE on MBT
    AI secondary weapons on MBT
    Duster
    Spur
    Vektor
    Bandit
    Cougar
    Non-default SASR
    Valkyrie weapons, wyvern being almost the only used.
    Harasser versions of kobalt, ranger, walker, fury.
    Kobalt on sunderer.
    Burst weapons.
    S weapons.

Notice that most of the really different ES and NS weapons are in here.
  6. A3ianess

Well, I feel like people use pdw and 2nd gen much more than the first gens
  7. Arsonix

Claymore
  8. Hiperion

These thing i rarely see WHEN I FIGHTING VS AND NC
    Carbines Burst Variants
    AR BURST VARIANTS
    LMG EM1 AND URSA
    MAX AI NEBULAS AND MATTOCKS
  9. Pootisman

Lancer

If more players would use it, it would be extremely overpowered. Just think about it ... every VS heavy using a hitscan AV weapon with practically unlimited range.

The forums would be full of nerf requests.
    • Up x 2
  10. Hatesphere

beamer. most under rated pistol in the game.
    • Up x 4
  11. travbrad

You must be playing a different game than me. I see shotguns nonstop. They are possibly the most used type of gun by the NC in particular.
  12. MotionBlured

Valk guns are under used, but I think the devs believe they're underrated.
  13. FateJH

From what it looks like on the Oracle of Death, the Equinox VE2 Burst is probably the least-pulled non-special small arms weapon for a year running.

The Spur is probably the least-pulled non-special Vehicle weapon across all factions since April 2014. Within the tolerances of its current sampling size, there's maybe about fifteen of them flying around.
  14. Revel

Both absolutely terrible.
  15. battlegoose

Lancer is only best in a small set of situations. Most of the time the Decimator, S1, or G2A launcher is better.

Lancer require you to be far away from the target, have an elevation advantage, and 3-4 Lancers together. Outside of these conditions, it's not actually very good.
  16. Doc Jim

I flew with a Spur for a while, I had to give up.
    I'm no stranger to using unpopular weapons, I use the Phaseshift to snipe, I carry the crossbow (with explosive bolts) on every non-infiltrator loadout, my Magrider has an HE primary weapon and I have the Ranger on more than one vehicle. But the Spur really is the one weapon where I had to give up. While the Spur doesn't enjoy much use I would say that it is pretty much impossible to underrate/underestimate it.
  17. Kevanov

18. Bixli

...personally , i love all of them ..the underrated & underestimated weapons , but most directives force me to use another trendy crap.
  19. Pikachu

I should have mentioned that my list was only about underused guns. Not caring for underrated.
  20. IberianHusky

The NS-15m is neither underrated nor underused. I see it used quite frequently on TR and a fair bit on VS too. I myself auraximated it 3 times to complete my LMG directive. It was a pleasure to use. The only faction that I don't normally see using the NS-15m is the NC, since they have the most balanced and well-rounded LMG arsenal in the game.