Why the new tank changes are a bad idea

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Wobulator, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Reclaimer77

Tanks didn't get nerfed. They got ballanced.

If they got nerfed I wouldn't see hundreds of them every hour of every night. Things that get nerfed don't get used in massive numbers, the FOTM player will just switch to something better.
  2. Bloodlet

I wouldn't mind seeing LA's get access to like a 338dmg Scout rifle or something.
  3. Spankay

As usual, crazy swings with a sledgehammer rather than a tuning fork.
    And I expect 100% there will be debilitating bugs from the patch that affects something that has absolutely nothing to do with the items in the patch.

I think it's about time we're in for another round of invisible Galaxies. We already have invisible infantry models.
    • Up x 1
  4. Spankay

You do realize C4 throw range is like 4 feet? And real C4 satchels can be thrown?
  5. ColonelChingles

Not if you want the "maximum" effect of C4. That's one of the beauties of C4... it is a plastique explosive that you can shape to fill into every nook and cranny to get the most bang for your buck. When you hear claims that a small amount of C4 can blow up a city block, what they mean is that if you break that brick up and carefully place bits of C4 into vulnerable areas after weeks of study, then yes you can take down quite a few buildings.

As far as raw explosive power goes, C4 is about middling with a RE of 1.34. So better than TNT, but only by 30% or so. On the other hand it's tons safer (you can't blow up real C4 by shooting it) and moldable. Those are the chief advantages of C4, and if you simply throw down a pack you're missing out on that.

Also real C4 would be laughably ineffective against modern tanks unless you managed to jam it into a little crevice. In real life C4 isn't usually used in any anti-vehicle role, but more for safely blowing open walls/doors or old bombs that we don't want anymore.
  6. Revel

Good

You've had it waaaaaaaaay too good and I'm glad the LA heroes are finally getting a well deserved beat down with the nerf stick on their catchall godbrick. Now if only they make it so it falls to the players feet every time so it can't be tossed by exploiting momentum from landing pads and the like. Its not a grenade and shouldn't be allowed to be used as such.

1/3 of this game's balance problems is LA + C4.
    • Up x 1
  7. CapEnTrade

I personally only support the improvements to the lighting, nothing else as it would easily make MBTs OP.