Emerald server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GothicNightmares, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Xind

Well...there is a degree of skill. But it's more in positioning, evaluating a battle, target prioritization, and a tiny bit of ammo management as opposed to aim. Not what I'd call a High Skill requirement, but there is some skill involved.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ronin Oni

Yeah, camp doorway enemies run through.

Such skill :D
  3. Xind

You camp a doorway with any factions MAX and you will be C4'd. Especially on Emerald. Emerald is so over saturated with C4, faeries or otherwise, that it's astounding we even use guns anymore.
  4. MikeyGeeMan

I play all 3 so here it is.

NC on primetime usually has numbers advantage. Then tr/vs depending on the day of the week and how late your on. Last night at 1am tr had 40 vs 30 and 30.

Vs form magrider zergs to farm infantry. Follow goku guys around for a good fight. Seriously , they are that good. Can't ever find a full platoon. Always 3/4 full. And sometimes you can't find one. NC and tr will fight with tr going into farm mode regardless of objective, and NC travel as one big cluster. NC seem to love biolab fights against the vs. Everyone in vs is always whining about nerfs. They never give up, we take flags based on persistance and consistency.

Now as NC, vs pop out if nowhere, and are really good at hiding their sunders, avoid goku, vs will crash on an important flag, or mass drop on you . Vs is very good at bunching up before pushing the flag. Lots of new people on NC. You will get the but not often and usually your rezzed. Because of the weaponry your either rushing the flag orbshootibg from a distance. Younger crowd, some time platoons don't follow orders and command chat is like frekin romper room sometimes burger a good squad and your in for a good game with lots of certs. Really hit or miss on some days. But frustrating that with 40% pop, you own so little of the land.

TR - there's aid, 382, 1tr are usually on. Aod platoons have some gery skilled guys, but they are spread out among 4 platoons so they are diluted with new players ...and it breeds bad habits. But that said, there are some seriously bad asked guys. 382 much more organized, but will get rutted into farming, unless you have a vocal platoon leader, its going to be a long night. That last part goes for aod too. Lots of unorganized play, and command chat is silent some nights. Too many alpha males in one spot. Always a platoon to play with. Always a big fight somewhere. Sometimes seem players wont make a big push when needed, which loses may fights. Again avoid goku. 12 guys can wipe an entire platoon or hold you up for an hour and farm you.
    • Up x 1
  5. PhoenixError

I used to play off-hours (haven't lately for reasons you mentioned), and yeah it was mostly 1-12s with a few 12-24s. Rarely ran into a zerg fest though, but that's probably due to my off-hour play time being 2-5 am or so. As TR it seems once AOD gets off, there isn't much in the way of zerg battles (382nd platoon(s) usually end well earlier then AOD platoons, why I only mention AOD).

Prime time or near/toward the end of it there is mostly 96+ and 48-96 battles, and very few smaller ones unless you are on a continent that isn't popular at the time. Seen it a few times where you have one or two continents with almost all 1-12s or 12-24s even during prime time.

But yeah MikeyGeeMan is pretty much right on the TR outfits. Been seeing more of 903 lately too. 382nd, depending on the platoon lead, seem often more interested in just a fun fight but can also be a bit too wiling to stick around throwing bodies at the wall with little progress (again, depends on the lead though). AOD it's been awhile since I've been in there platoons so can't say much there.
  6. HenryTD

if u want big fight them come to NC corney while we get sandwiched by TR and VS zergs everyday/everytime
  7. Bloodlet

Camping doorways isn't conducive to offensive operations.
  8. RemingtonV

This and this. I have said many times before on these forums that NC MAXes seem powerful, able to down a enemy in a shot or two. But there is a reason you don't see as many NC MAX crashes as, say, the VS. Our MAXes are EXTREMELY situational. They are either close range, AV, or AA. Anything else and the MAX is a sitting duck. Example is you have a MAX leaving a sunderer to go into a base, that MAX is attacked by a Heavy Assault on a hill over him. The MAX was geared for anti-infantry. So that is scatterguns for the NC, plasma autocannons for the VS. As a NC, that MAX is SCREWED unless he gets support or runs away. Those scatterguns are going to hit more rock that flesh. As a VS, that MAX can easily retaliate and usually force the attacker to take cover or retreat. Those autocannons are accurate enough to land good hits on infantry targets as decent ranges.
  9. Ronin Oni

for starters, congrats... NS MAX HMG's are on deck as they just got the assets for them. Expect to see them in the not to distant future.

second, Ravens haven't been nerfed yet and provide with solid ranged anti-everything.

third, you're over-rating the range on VS/TR MAXes... sure, they're a lot better when you're shooting across a 30-40m gap between buildings in a biolab, but trying to hit a HA peeking over a hill 70m away? forget it.
  10. MikeyGeeMan

They are coming with hmg ns. For maxes, hope they do ns max shotguns too.
  11. AlterEgo

You got it right about AoD and VS players being pretty good. AoD will nearly always zerg a certain outpost with over 20 something tanks and double the infantry, while a small garrison of 12-24 VS are stationed there. Two things happen:

AoD gives up and calls for reinforcements.

AoD fails and gets pushed back.
  12. RemingtonV

I said, when I posted the twitter link on the forums about the NS HMG, that it pretty much sounded like a NC MAX buff to me. My point about the VS MAX is it is far more versatile and capable of ranking up larger infantry body counts than NC MAXes. Its harder to swarm a VS MAX than it in a NC MAX because the MC MAX simply cant keep up enough volume of fire and MUST get in close for its shotguns to be effective, where it is much easier to C4, RPG, or AV grenade them.
  13. MikeyGeeMan

Is that before or after 60 vs come in with goku running armor . I know the tactic. All points bulletin to spawn on and smash the zerg.
    • Up x 3
  14. RemingtonV

Yeah, AOD, for the most part, isn't particularly skilled and seemed to have a bad case of ADD. 1 or 2 defeats and the zerg breaks up, AOD goes to do other things. Cause they want to get "teh killz and headshots, brah"
  15. MikeyGeeMan

Th
    They are running public platoons. And they have a couple 100br guys on their squads that rip through people...but they have the pubbies with them.
  16. HenryTD

raven ain't gonna work much in close range so unless u decide to snipe from far away I don't see why a max pull out raven to go into base, 1vs1 u have good chance to kill the infantry, 1vs2 good luck :v, the same goes for the scatter cannon.
  17. RemingtonV

Yeah, thats still with the problem that NC MAXes cant handle many enemies at once. You might be able to down 1 to 3, but then you are stuck reloading and waddling your fat metal *** somewhere to safety.
    • Up x 1
  18. PhoenixError

Besides always running public platoons (as mentioned), they are also classified as, and likewise I consider them, casual so not exactly a surprised they'd want to pull off to something they find fun.
  19. RemingtonV

[IMG]
  20. PhoenixError

I'll try, my bullets might not want to go along with that though, they tend to want to touch anyone not on the red team (and sometimes people on the red team too) =p