Emerald server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GothicNightmares, Feb 5, 2015.

1. GothicNightmares

So, I played on connery last night on TR and VS and I had some seriously amazing fights. BIG fights... 96+ both sides.... while that may not seem like a big deal to those who come from other servers. I play on emerald where the biggest fights are 12-24 and nothing but tanks and esfs ready to farm you. If by chance there is a big fight 96+... then its usually a vehicle stand off (looking at you red ridge) and isnt worth going to anyway.... I used to be able to fight multiple infantry but the state of the game has gotten to where I am found fighting the same people over and over again. This server really needs population attention or a merge. I have 3 characters on all factions and this is how I see it.

VS is over saturated with decent players while tr has a select few the NC have none. (Except those who have an alt on that server)

TR has one zerg fest outfit (AOD) who help create fights so I give them that... but still smaller pop count during prime hours than vs but not by too much. once again there are alot of decent VS players who rolled TR toons on this same server so it isnt saying much. There are better players who play TR however (Thanks Schwak) merger would be beneficial for tr no matter the outcome.

NC the **** of the server imo... you cant find a decent fight... ever... you have to go to the ****tiest fights where you know your going to get all the cheese you need for your nachos. Maxes, ESF, Rocket Primary, snipers shooting you after you 1v2 two heavys, shotguns, and if you escaped all that and got a few kills you step on a mine. This faction needs attention.. or help.. i dont know for sure but a merger might help or be worse. The severe lack of any experience from these guys could be detrimental to the same faction who do quite well on another server (Recursion... hope you never have to experience the **** that is NC on Emerald)
    I just recently made an alt on this server and my god what a nightmare from the NC perspective. It is as if every noob started today and they started NC. They run through fire, they DONT fire... they team kill, they nade spam, and when they dont know wtf is going on they pull a max.. become more dangerous to the teamates and still do nothing.
  2. Tommyp2006

Are you playing on the same Emerald that I am?
    • Up x 8
  3. Bloodlet

Sorry but your entire post is BS.
    • Up x 3
  4. Xind

Yeah, I can't say I feel similarly about your situation. I recently switched from TR to NC and have an easier time finding good fights. Feel like I have more competent players on my team and suffer less friendly fire. I know, everyone jokes about NC shooting each other...but I think that's just propaganda at this point.

Since TR is propped up by its 2 zerg outfits, the only fights they initiate are zergs and EVERY fight they participate in quickly becomes a zerg. My preference is in the 48-96 range on both sides, which is extremely elusive.

I will agree, I think VS has captured the overall greatest quantity of skilled players which is a growing problem that has no system in place to address it.
  5. FnkyTwn

He's probably just playing in VR Training.

AoD alone boasts something like 6,000 members, and while they're not the smartest, best or even very well organized, they're certainly persistent once they do show up.
    • Up x 2
  6. Apples

I wouldn't say they've acquired the most skilled players, I see them do a lot of stupid things on a frequent basis. They also have a very high frequency of pulling magrider/scythe zergs.
    • Up x 1
  7. Xind

Yeah, Armor + Air zerg is not limited to one faction, though. I'm mostly talking about infantry skill and command level skill.
  8. ronjahn

This guy must have a bug that logs him into Briggs server or something because after playing on Emerald daily during prime time since the merge I haven't experienced any of the things he describes. Either that or he logs in Mid-day where majority of Emerald players are working/at school/living life.

a merger is the last thing Emerald needs right now. Who are we supposed to merge with anyway? Connery?
  9. Apples

Yeah I'm talking about that too, I've seen them do some pretty stupid crap. :) Entire platoons wasting time in areas they have no territory and cannot cap nor occupy a larger or equal force than their own while they quickly lose territory during an alert.
  10. GothicNightmares

You cant say my post is ******** when this is hands down what I have experienced in the last week of playing NC. Its like telling Armstrong he doesn't know what he is talking about from his first hand experience on the moon. This is my experience my first week playing NC on Emerald, So maybe I am wrong and that bad *** outfit who creates amazing fights has yet to come on. I am stating that the general population of NC are basically **** at infantry besides the VS/TR alts.
  11. axiom537

Well I guess it depends on the time of day you are playing, but during Prime time your description of the size of fights does not match reality...And honestly if you are not in at least a semi-organized outfit, then I would not complain about organization. Solo players are just not effective and PUG groups aren't much better. You need to join an outfit, get on their Teamspeak or whatever and play with them night after night. I've been playing with many of the same players since Beta and we might run anything from a squad to a full platoon, but even as a squad we work as a unit and it generally takes 2x our numbers to dislodge us from our objective.
  12. Crator

It's all about time of day.
  13. Bloodlet

OP you talked about not being able to find large fights which is absolutely untrue. As for your views on NC, I play NC. I will say that at times NC as a whole can seem pretty feeble during alerts but I think that is because at times a lot of our larger outfits just stay off the alert continent because of queues their members would deal with. Also I firmly believe that TR and VS tend to focus more on NC than each other even if they don't realize it. I come to the conclusion both through in game observation of the map and thinking about that theory today I went to the Planetside Universe website and looked up a bunch of the main outfits for both TR and VS, then went to their leaderboards and looked at the kill charts for several of their top players for each outfit. By a large margin most VS and TR players had around 5-10% more NC kills than the opposing faction. Then there were some that were even 50/50 or 51/49, but the exception by far were the charts that had more opposing faction kills than NC kills. All of those extra NC kills adds up.
  14. LibertyRevolution

I play on emerald on off hours 12am-12pm, even during the dead times what the OP posted is not true...
    I have to look really hard to find a 12-24, its like all 1-12 vs 0, or 96+/48 zerg fests..
    • Up x 1
  15. ReconTeemo

He is trolling you guys! and I am serious!. :eek:
  16. KGdio

So.. does anyone know why the servers are down?
  17. z1967

Yes, lets merge the biggest server with another server for no apparent reason.

That will go over splendidly.

EDIT: Sarcasm font not working, again. So, /s.
  18. CapperDeluxe

I was playing on emerald last night during prime time EST, and every single base that we could attack was either 24-48 or 96+. Not a single place we could go that wasn't that way.
  19. RemingtonV

I somewhat agree. Im primarily a NC player on Emerald, tho I do have alts on the other factions. Its more of that NC attracts noobs due to being marketed more heavily and in a more positive light, but NC weapons and vehicles are the least noob friendly. The only time you see NC winning fights is when we have a zerg rolling. Just last night we had some VS outpopped by around 2 to 1, but we still lost the facility because half the damn team was sitting in the spawn room trying to snipe. They didn't understand that planetside 2 isnt about "gettin teh headshots, brah" or friggin K/D ratios. Its about teamwork and people knowing which job to do at what time and doing that damned job.

Most NC weapons have lower RoF, magazine size, and accuracy than their counterparts, this is in trade for more damage per shot. If all a NC's shots hit, they can easily out DPS their opponent, but a few missed shots and you are screwed. New players dont know how to properly control the recoil, adjust for bullet drop, or that they NEED to be accurate. Most multiplayer FPS games in recent memory focus on twitch-play, fast TTK. Planetside 2 does not, it has a much higher TTK.

TR and VS weaponry is much more forgiving toward new players. TR's larger magazines allow new players to simply spray and pray more easily, hip firing a enemy down while the enemy has run out of shots and is reloading. VS's lack of bullet drop and faster reloads means that newer players can wounds or kill targets from farther away and reload faster to keep up a more constant field of fire, or as infiltrators, get more consistent hits and thus more kills.

Heck, when I got my NS-11P back when they were first out, I used that and nothing else. It was simply easier to use and get kills with than the NC weapons, until way later when I got better at the game.

NC vehicles are pretty much mobile bricks. The Vanguard is heavily armored and a hard hitter, but because it is very slow (slowest vehicle in the game), unmaneuverable (least maneuverable vehicle in the game), and its main cannon only has that 1 shot with a MASSIVE reload, it is extremely difficult to use for newer players. Especially since they have not put points towards upgrading their Vanguards and compensating for its shortcomings. A fully certed AP Vanguard v. a fully certed Prowler or Magrider, both on open ground and with good drivers, the Vanguard will win. Problem is that such fights are rare. Especially since there are VERY few places were such open ground exists besides Esamir.

On Amerish, Hossin, and Indar, with many tall mesas, rocky outcroppings, and/or thick swamps, Prowlers will just lockdown above you and tank-snipe you before you can find them, range the shot, and fire. Magriders will strafe-dodge rounds and hide behind cover, and if they do get hit they can easily get the hell out of there with their turbo boost. Both the Prowler and Magrider are also much easier to farm infantry with. The Prowler can lock down and just hammer a spawn room from outside the base, while a Magrider can just drive over a hill, into the base, kill several people, then turbo boost back out before we can retaliate. If a Vanguard tried that, lets say with a gate diffuser, it would get about 1-2 shot off before getting hammered with AV and C4, then easily blown up before it could even get close to escaping. In vehicle fights, if a enemy vehicle tries to escape, a Prowler, and even more so a Magrider, will simply chase it down and finish it. Vanguard cant do this unless the enemy vehicle gets stuck somewhere.

The Reaver is easily the WORSE ESF in the game, hell the worse aircraft period. Yes it has a better afterburner than the other
    two, but thats all it has going for it. ESFs are so lightly armored that even tho they say the Reaver has more armor, you REALLY could not tell. If it is then its such a small difference that it takes only 1-5 more flak rounds. It is slower, less maneuverable, has a MASSIVE hitbox from all sides, and pretty much all of its good weapons require you to get VERY close to the target. As an A2A fighter, both other ESFs can outfly it; As an A2G, its massive hitbox makes it easy pickings for a buster max, while its bad maneuverability means that you can't easily redirect the aircraft and afterburn away.

This is why you see NC foot zerging more than any other faction, most of our players cant drive/pilot our specific vehicles as well as the other factions due to the difficulty of the vehicles, many players have few if any certs in their ESVs because it takes so many for the vehicles to become decent, when they could put those points toward infantry certs which garner more certs for them faster.

As for things like Anti-Air. With so many new players on NC, most are unwilling or unable to go AA. They usually havent unlocked the lock-on RPGs, the 2nd burster gun, or Skyguard. If they do have a skyguard, it probably isnt very certed, and even then they are unwilling because compared to other duties AA is boring. We all know how ****** lock ons are, even if you do get a lock without getting bombed by the target or sniped by a infil, the target will just pop flares or your missile will choose a flight path that has the most walls or mountains in the way.

As for MAXes, again, high skill/high reward. While our MAX weapons do the most straight up damage, they are very difficult for new players to use. The scatterguns can kill in 1-2 shots at close range, 3-5 at medium, they are useless beyond that, have 6 shot magazines or so, and have terrible long reloads. So in a fight, yes, a NC MAX verses an VS or TR MAX straight up will win. But NC MAXes CANNOT handle mobs of enemies as well as the other two due to lacking any sort of rapid fire weapon. Our Falcons are single shot rocket launchers with extremely slow velocity, so using them as ranged weapons or as AI weapons is difficult. Most new players dont buy the Ravens straight away due to already having 1 Falcon and seeing that Falcons do more damage per shot. Plus the new players dont realize the importance of engineer support on MAXes. So even if they are an engineer, they will focus on shooting at the enemy instead of repairing nearby MAXes. NC MAXes also have a similar problem to the Reaver in that they are just massive targets, tho the TR's MAX has this same problem.....VS's doesn't, its slim form makes it harder to hit and ,heck, in the heat of a battle I have mistaken them for heavies when seen from behind or from afar.

In summary: NC has more new players, these new players have to use noob-unfriendly weapons and vehicles, they don't understand how PS2 is supposed to be played (teamwork instead of twitch/ramboing); so they don't listen to orders and only focus on getting more kills regardless of objectives. Eventually they get frustrated and either switch factions (and say there due to more noob-friendly weapons), or just leave the game entirely (a couple of people I tried to get to play gave up because they died so often).

The VS isnt saturated with decent players, its just that their weapons and vehicles are VERY noob-friendly (on my VS alt Im only a level 23 and I already have more kills with my Magrider than I do with my Vanguard and my NC is level 76). A noob NC v. a noob TR or VS, the TR or VS will win most of the time.

Also players love to make NC alts that just do nothing but troll. During one fight in Mossy Ravine, we were successfully fighting off a Vanu assault, when suddenly several VS switched to NC alts then proceeded to TK our MAXes and Sunderers, along with our alot of our infantry, only leaving once they got weapon locked. The whole time they were bragging about it in chat, being all "trololol" like. Last night there was this guy in the VR sim whose name was like "WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWMW" (seriously), who was doing nothing but spamming smoke and emp grenades around the shooting range, making it not worth even being there.
  20. Ronin Oni

^Did you just call NC MAXes "High Skill, High Reward"????

lmmfao right now.....
    • Up x 1