Two questions: Cycler TRV and TORQ-9

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Dualice, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Covah

TAR, because more than enough dmg and 0.75 ads speed.

And very good hipfire.
  2. Leivve

Bullet drop off doesn't matter, it's how hard your bullets hit when they get there. So the T1 still wins out.
    And I said the TORQ is medium range, it just favors closer range fire fights.
  3. Leivve

TVR has a very slightly lower TTK, but the TAR has a slightly better COF; so pick your poison on that one.
  4. Dualice

I do find the TRV more of a handful than the TAR, but when I'm in the zone with it, that extra 45RPM feels pretty deadly. Still trying to find optimal mouse settings in-game so could be something to do with it. Keep forgetting to check for mouse acceleration.
  5. Robertooooo

Yes, the TORQ bullet damage will drop far less (if they haven't changed that). So the TORQ dps will be higher at range. The gun also have less recoil and higher velocity on top of all that.
  6. Leivve

T1 minimum damage is 125
    TORQ maximum damage is 125

T1 hits harder.
  7. Skiptrace

The simple answer to this question is neither. because TR guns suck ***. Low Damage, High Recoil and Ammo Count? that has to be the crappiest faction trait ever... play NC or VS if you want good guns.
  8. Dualice

Your opinion is noted.

Ended up getting the TORQ this afternoon: love the controllability, muzzle velocity and reload speed. You really start to feel that 125 damage model out at range, but inside of that it seems to drop targets very fast indeed. Going between forward grip or laser sight depending if I'm fighting indoors or not. SPA, and 1 or 2x reflex.

Oh and it certainly does burn through ammo.
  9. Robertooooo

Yes, but what the TORQ lacks in bullet damage it makes up in rate of fire. And it's not harder to hit the targets with those extra bullets.
    T1 drops from 143 to 125 = 1562 dps
    TORQ drops from 125 to 112 = 1599 dps
    The TORQ maximum damage dropoff range is 55 m and the T1 is 65, so T1 wins in mid/longish range engagements. But at long range the TORQ have a slight advantage.
    But you will also lose less dps if you miss a few shots with the TORQ.
  10. HannaDest

The TORQ is a beast, a beast I say. So is the TRV, the Cycler and the TAR they are all beasts. To bad I can only wield one of them at the same time.
    • Up x 3
  11. reydelchicken

TRV effective range is great, very effective at 50-60m, and workable up to around 80m.

TORQ has easy recoil, so landing shots at 50m+ isn't too hard, but it doesn't do too much damage at range.

It's all about preference, but I would recommend the TRV.
    I use it with a 4x crosshair scope and a grip.
  12. Zeppelin123

TRV with a 4x scope ? o_O Really ? What do you do if someone gets close ? Hipfire ? :D
  13. Dualice

That is interesting, 4x sight with the TRV. I ended getting both (TORQ and TRV), and have found the TRV usable out to about 50 metres with controlled bursting. TORQ about the same actually, maybe a little further, but the per-shot damage lets it down at range.

Both cracking weapons nonetheless.

I use laser and 1x yellow dot on the TORQ, sometimes 2x "T" sight and foregrip if I'm outdoors. TRV gets foregrip and 1 x yellow dot. Both have SPA too of course.
  14. Iridar51

Got tired of playing SMG LA, so decided go give TORQ a chance.

I outfitted it with Wrel's attachments: Suppressor, SPA, 1x reflex, Laser.
    Note that due to a combination of factors TORQ9 is likely to be the most suppressor-friendly weapon in the game, and doesn't sacrifice much by using it:
    • Already very high velocity, so it stays good even with suppressor + SPA penalties.
    • Very little damage degradation from 125 to 112. You're gonna need 9 bullets to kill your target outside of maximum damage range, suppressor or no. Weapons like AC-X11 carbine sacrifice much, much more due to damage degradation.
    • Good enough damage per mag. Weapons like MKV struggle against shielded heavies at range without Ex. Mags, even when they don't return fire and you have very good accuracy.
    • High rate of fire. Even if using a suppressor causes you to need an extra bullet to kill the target, you're gonna fire off that extra bullet very quickly.
    Now, after playing with NS SMGs and Failstorm, TORQ 9 felt pretty good. Very fast velocity, even suppressed, good damage per mag. Unusually long effective range for a suppressed weapon, especially if you know how to lead, and NS SMGs will teach you that. Fast reload, important for a medic, as you constantly have stuff to do like healing, reviving and putting up forcefields. Not really great hip fire, but gets the job done.

But there was one thing I was struggling with - shielded heavies. In that regard TORQ didn't feel particularly better than an SMG. And despite high RoF, it always feels like enemies require too long to kill, HA or no. Maybe if this weapon did a tiny bit more damage it would be better.
    TORQ is not a terrible weapon, it's mediocre, and by mediocre I don't mean "jack of all trades", more like just "jack". Aside from being suppressor-friendly, it's got NOTHING going for it.

After trying out TORQ for an hour or so, I switched to Cycler TRV, which was collecting dust for around a year. Lol, after TORQ, TRV feels like godmode. SMGs made me forget how does it feel to actually hold a deadly weapon in your hands, and not a pea-shooter. Yeah, TRV has way shorter effective range and longer reload, but it's raw firepower is overwhelming.

TAR vs Cycler TRV may be a question. But TORQ doesn't stand even close to either of these two.